Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FFIV Help Thread

Ok I never though I'd admit this but I need some help, you see whenever I try to kill lugaborg he always gets me with his damn reversal gas and then I can't heal, can anyone help?

Blog Entries
    A: This is what my strategy is when I battle him. Use an Elixer on him when he uses that move because it affects him too, then start hitting with everything you got and that should be the end of him. That what I always do.

Q: How do you get into the Lunar Passage??? I know it has to do with an item you have to give that rock head but I don't know what it is.

Can someone enlighten me???
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

Ellipsis FFIV Help Thread Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
    Spoiler:
    Oh, please help, anyone? Golbez - sama keeps beating me up with Bio and Drain, kupo....The part with the creepy dolls...

.....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Registered User FFIV Help Thread HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ok here is a problem.

I am inside the giant at the previously mentioned Orb fight. I am trying to use the blast him with ramuh strategy but I cast it once and then it just uses Laser barrage and kills my entire team except for cecil who survives with like 1000 hp.

My team is just around the 50's in lvl and I am wondering if I may need more training?

I do what you can't. FFIV Help Thread Sasquatch's Avatar
    Wow, way too many questions without answers here. What's the point of a help thread if nobody helps?

I would imagine that the previous questions have either been answered by outside sources or gotten past anyway, so I'll just address H.U.N.K's question.

Do you kill both of the smaller orbs? There's an Attacker and a Defender -- you have to leave one of them alive, otherwise the CPU will revive both of them anyway, hurting you very badly in the process. I leave the Attacker alive -- but if its regular attacks are causing too much damage for your characters, try leaving the Defender alive instead. (It'll heal the CPU, but as long as you do more damage than it heals, you'll be fine.)

Of course, you COULD leave both of them alive, but that'd be pretty silly.
    Anyway, case Haste on Cecil and Edge, and just hammer on that sumbitch. You can't cast spells on the CPU because it will have Wall up, so beware -- you might be tempted to use wide-area summons (like, say, Ramuh), but this will damage the smaller orb too, and you don't want to kill that thing. If anything else, have Rydia keep Summoning something like Chocobo -- something that will hit ONLY the CPU.

Another good idea might be, since the CPU is obviously mechanical, to equip Edge with Yang's old Thunder Claw. This goes for the entire Giant of Babil, since most of the enemies in it are mechanical, too.

If you haven't gotten past it yet, hope this helps.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

SOLDIER 3rd Class FFIV Help Thread Copperfire's Avatar

Re: FFIV Help Thread

This is actually the only Final Fantasy game I've played through to the end, and won.

At least, I think I won. It was so long ago.

yeah been playin FF4 Advanced on the gameboy emulator, and I am stumped. I just got Rydia back and am going into the Underworld. I heard you have to get into the summoner's cave, but I can't make it. Is that right? Can I get into the cave safely? Just super confused.

FINISH HIM!

Go with me, Exkaizer~ FFIV Help Thread Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Ragnarok View Post
    yeah been playin FF4 Advanced on the gameboy emulator, and I am stumped. I just got Rydia back and am going into the Underworld. I heard you have to get into the summoner's cave, but I can't make it. Is that right? Can I get into the cave safely? Just super confused.
    I'm kind of confused with your explanation of where you are in the game. If you just got Rydia, you should already be in the Underworld, and you should be going to the Tower of Babil. I believe at this point you don't have an airship, so you just walk there from the Dwarf Castle.

If you already have the airship, and it can fly over the lava, you should probably go through the Land of Summons to get Ashura and Leviathan. If you can't make it, level up a few levels or buy better equipment from the town that is furthest south in the Underworld. It shouldn't be that hard at this point. Use Rosa's float, too, so that you don't take a lot of damage throughout the cave. This is an optional sidequest, but doing this will help you level up on the way, so that you are stronger for the upcoming battles, and you will get two new summons for Rydia in the process.

If you are at some other part of the game, please explain what part you are at in more detail, so I can help you further.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

nah,nah you got it, thanks, didnt know float would help in there

FINISH HIM!

You do have to use Float ... but don't bother going through until Rosa is level 35 and knows Wall (Reflect). You'll have the chance to face an enemy (boss, kinda) that constantly heals itself, and if you don't have Wall, it's a bit of a pain in the ass.

Let's make it rain. FFIV Help Thread Jonathanx221's Avatar

Can someone tell me the difference between a cabin and a tent? Kinda pointless, but they seem like the same thing.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ FFIV Help Thread Treize's Avatar

Cabins will fully heal your party, but tents will only heal a certain amount of HP and MP. Cabins > Tents.

I believe that the differences become more evident the further you are in the game.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Paladin FFIV Help Thread Voltaire Adams's Avatar

At some point during the game, Tent's wont give you a full restore. So Cabins are just an upgrade to that. They are the Hi-potion to Tent's potion if you will.

Edit: And as always...I posted just to late.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

Ah yes, that's why I haven't noticed yet. Thanks for the help!

Although if I remember correctly, two tents is still cheaper then one cabin, so that's what I always did.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

Okay question, I just got Kain and Rosa, I'm level 32. I wanna ask where a good place to level grind is. I shoulda stayed in that tower, I was getting 1k exp each fight. =[ But I didn't think about it. So, any ideas? Maybe the next area I'm supposed to go? Or what?

As far as FFIV goes, until the end of the game, the best place to grind is ALWAYS then next place you need to go.

...can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Adams View Post
    As far as FFIV goes, until the end of the game, the best place to grind is ALWAYS then next place you need to go.
    Yeah, you're right. I continue through the game, I get to the underworld place and I'm rockin almost 2k exp. each fight. Very nice. I'm gonna spend some time here before I enter the castle. I love this game!

Yeah, your best bet is to always stick around near a save point, and grind about five levels or so, so that you don't hit a wall and feel way underpowered.

...can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Adams View Post
    Yeah, your best bet is to always stick around near a save point, and grind about five levels or so, so that you don't hit a wall and feel way underpowered.
    I don't know if I'm the first to figure this out, or the first to post about it at least, but you know those fat things that always call things in the fight? It's like on fat guy that summons one guy, it always changes each battle. Well I keep killing the thing he calls, we weaken the fat guy, then if we need to, one more hit on that fat guy and he's done, well I spent like maybe 4 minutes if that fighting the stuff he calls in, killing them in two hits, repeating over and over, and after i ran out of MP, i killed the fat guy and got 14k exp.

So, that's my new grinding method. =]

Registered User FFIV Help Thread Toxo's Avatar

Arrr, I was so cross-eyed and tired yesterday that I didn't notice this thread *smacks self*

Anyway, copy/paste time!:

I'm trying to get the Namingway-quest done and I'm stuck on the pudding-part. I understand that I should have the Treasure Hunter-augment for it. There's only one little problem. I can't fill Sylp Cave B3's map 100%. I once did it, but I don't remember how. I've tried all kinds of routes to reach it, but all in vain. The most upper area with a line of empty chests has one part I can't reach. Can anyone tell me how to get there and complete the map?

Lali-hoe, I mean, ho!

I'm guessing that's for DS only?

Hey does anyone have a good strategy for the Last Boss on the PS1/SNES version? Because he's stomping the crap outta me. I've even duped the throwing item that does 9999 damage each hit, I never get a chance to use it, average level of my party would be 65. Maybe I should level up ten more times. =] Ahahaha, screw that. Big bang = SEEEEEEE YAAAAAA to my party.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanx221 View Post
    Hey does anyone have a good strategy for the Last Boss on the PS1/SNES version?
    Edit: Arrw... just saw that you already beat the game. ^^"

But next time, anyways: Try gamefaqs.com They have some nice strategy guides there. (You just have to be careful about spoilers there ^^")
    Last edited by Freya; 03-31-2010 at 04:07 AM.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Edit: Arrw... just saw that you already beat the game. ^^"

But next time, anyways: Try gamefaqs.com They have some nice strategy guides there. (You just have to be careful about spoilers there ^^")
    Thanks. =]

edotree

how do you beat the demon wall?I attack it with everything and it just wont die!any advice???

Cast Slow on it, and use Haste and Berserk on Edge ... maybe Edge and Cecil both. Especially if you can use Hermes' Shoes and/or Bacchus' Cider. Have Rydia use her most powerful summon (Titan), and have Rosa beef up Edge and Cecil with Haste and Berserk, if they can't do it with items. Let Kain jump all the time. And make sure Edge is in the front row ... he'll take more damage, but he'll deal more too, which is what you need.

edotree

thanks!

nkocic.@htnet-dsl

i am stuck at the battle with asura. help?

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FFIV Help Thread Xanatos's Avatar

You shouldn't have hard time fighting Asura as battle itself is quite easy, just cast reflect on her and every healing and support spell she casts will bounce to you, you'll still have to cast protect and shell on everyone in your party as she counters every attack.

Rosa should heal party if necessary, use only strong physical attacks and try to cast slow on her, she should fall in no time. Also if you're on low level I suggest you level up a bit since you'll need every advantage you can get in fight against Leviathan. Hope this helps.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Hewerya love...? FFIV Help Thread seanb's Avatar

OK, I'm pretty sure I must be making a silly mistake but I'm stuck on the part where you fight yourself before you become a 'i forget ' you know when cecil loses the armour, dam cant remember the name ... but its as if my charachter is too strong... for me to beat him... has anyone had this problem? or could anyone give me some tips/answers?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast