Thread: ff6 ending/summary

Boxer of the Galaxy ff6 ending/summary Rowan's Avatar

ff6 ending/summary

Finished the game the other night for the first time. I enjoyed it, aside from having to split the parties up and being forced to fight strong random encounter battles (Avoidable , I guess if I chose to have moogle charm). I dont know why its called the greatest final fantasy but I can certainly understand why people enjoyed it so much, theres lots of memorable scenes especially with Ultros whom gave me a good chuckle from time to time. I managed to get an exp egg and X-attack so I could easily destroy those tyrano's when I got a high level (hp) edgar with Atma weapon, which does damage based on HP. I also used the insta death move "Vanish+Doom" to make short work of them, before they made short work of me. I managed to collect 12 playable characters before I finished the game. I didnt attempt fanatics tower as I felt that if I didnt, it would give me a reason to replay it in future. I thought the main story (pre world of ruin) was rather short considering that the end of the game can be reached as soon as you get the airship back which doesnt take too long.

Anyway, thoughts on the ending. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that kefka died, terra lived AND the world was restored to its former state. I remember people talking about it this from somewhere a while ago and remember them saying it had the most depressing ending of any of the final fantasy games. I distinctly remember someone saying that kefka destroys the planet and everyone dies. Is that ... a possible ending or something? Or was this guy full of snake shit?

Great game, if anything a little frustrating at some points. Very difficult at times I thought. favourite character is edgar. I noticed some similarities to Kefka in his final form and that of sephiroth's final form. They both appear very angelic. Anyway, kefka was pretty badass, I liked how he went from subordinate to ruler of the world, that was a great show of his evil.

Anyway, I leave you with a video from Tour de Japon (The best tour EVER) of the opera of Maria and Draco

No, the ending is good and the heroes go out and party. You can see Terra flying with her hair flinging and enjoying the victory. Everything is as good as it gets. They're boss and possess the ultimate magic, while flying all over the place and chilling. Good ending.

Certified tech, come at me! ff6 ending/summary SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I distinctly remember someone saying that kefka destroys the planet and everyone dies. Is that ... a possible ending or something? Or was this guy full of snake shit?
    He might have been referring to the fact that Kefka destroyed the world leading to the point of ruin as you have experienced throughout the storyline. So in that sense, he did destroy the world at least once and a lot of people from the world had died and life was more barren. Of course not everyone died otherwise the game would have ended at that point and kefka would be this all powerful character (possibly even more powerful than he was around the end of the game).

EDIT: oh forgot to add this, when you challenge him for the final time, he is fixing to cause even more destruction as you saw just before the final battle and this was the point the returners intervened before it continued.
    Currently Playing: