Thread: Did not get Cry, Dualcast, etc. . .

Registered User Did not get Cry, Dualcast, etc. . . sentino's Avatar

Did not get Cry, Dualcast, etc. . .

A newbie here, and this is my first post. Been playing FF since I can remember.

After reaching level 50 on my party, I realized I cannot get Dualcast, Cry, and I forget what else, because I did not give the 3 augments to the twins early on before they were petrified.

I know you can finish the game without these abilities, but man is it taking forever. I cannot for the life of me destroy the Wall Demon in the Sealed Cave.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. . .
    Thank you!!

Consistently Average Did not get Cry, Dualcast, etc. . . Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think you're a good level for around that part in the game (it's been a while since I played IV though). If you cast Slow on the Demon Wall it should give you enough time to buff yourself and destroy it. I think I beat it first time using that strategy. Come to think of it, cast Slow at the start of every Boss battle, because I'm sure most of them aren't immune to it.

I hope that helps you (at least a little bit), and don't worry too much about not giving the twins 3 Augments each, you can go back and do it again with new game+
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Dualcast in FF4? What gives?

Consistently Average Did not get Cry, Dualcast, etc. . . Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In the DS version of IV (and its IOS and pc ports) you find or are given abilities called Augments- like Counter, MP+50%, and Dualcast. There's also one called Omnicast which makes single target spells like Haste and Esuna hit multiple allies or enemies. It all adds an extra dimension to an otherwise plain battle system. I like it. It also encourages new playthroughs because you can't get all of them on your first run through.

I wasn't sure if your question was sincere or not, but I can never pass up an opportunity to blab about FFIV, especially the remakes.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!