Thread: Best way to level up: TIPS and Possible Spoilers

Best way to level up: TIPS and Possible Spoilers

I found the best and quickest way to level up in Underground Tower of Babil. When you get to the last floor, where you meet the crazy professor, you'll occasionally run into Sentry Bots, who spawn Golems. Now those things are awesome, because they give you alot of xp when killed and can easily be killed. This is what you do:

First shrink Rosa and Rydia with Mini and have them attack the Sentry Bot to spawn Golems.

Then kill Golems, using Kain, Cecil and Yang. Keep killing the Golems and attack the sentry bot only with mini characters, to keep it alive for a very long time. That way you'll be killing endless hordes of Golems and raking up hundreds of thousands of xp. Takes about 10-20 minutes to get about 100 000 xp. You level up fairly quickly, until about level 40.

Later on, in the Overworld Tower of Babil, you can do the same with Sentry Bots or Summoners (forgot), who will spawn Mythril Golems. Those guys will also yield alot of xp as well. They also appear at the end of the Tower.

Good luck! Hope you found this little guide useful.
    Last edited by Odin1199; 10-17-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Badass Military Agent Best way to level up: TIPS and Possible Spoilers Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Re: Best way to level up: TIPS and Possible Spoilers

I did smething similar to this, I just found a Summoner who summoned anything from Arachne to a dragon. I did that for about 3 hours and pretty much hit lvl 60 before the end of the game.

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Yeah, those things really help later on. It really beats wasting energy walking around and engaging in random fights.

I never knew you needed to actually grind in this game.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The White Wizard of Fynn Best way to level up: TIPS and Possible Spoilers Mindu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf
    I never knew you needed to actually grind in this game.
    The first time I played this game I didn't grind at all. I made it all the way to the end with party at around level 50, and got badly beaten by Zeromus. I still had trouble with him when my party was over level 60. However, I found out afterward lowering the battle speed can make the battle significantly easier.

I found that a good place to level up is Bahamut's cave with just four characters, before you get Fosoya. It's works out quicker than grinding with five characters in the final dungeon. I went from about level 46 to level 60 in a few hours, and went on to beat Bahamut without Fosoya. As long as Rydia knows Flare and Rosa knows Holy it isn't difficult. When Kain rejoins the party he will be one level above Cecil.

I never really feel the need to grind, unless it's to learn a certain spell that is needed at a certain time, like Float and Reflect before visiting the Feymarch. If I did need to grind though, I just go with the conjurer/summoner repeatedly summoning monsters over and over again.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

I like to level up solely to get all the spells early on. It gives me a hard on, knowing I have Flare and Holy with me, when going into dungeons.

I beat Zeromus at Average level of 44 (Chronicles version)
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games