Thread: Am I the only one that loves FFV?

InsanityClown

Am I the only one that loves FFV?

I've heard that a lot of people simply dislike it.

I've never heard of anyone stating it as their favorite, or even close.

Is this true? Am I the only person who adores FFV?

Consistently Average Am I the only one that loves FFV? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just because it's not someones favorite game doesn't mean they hate it. It's true that it's not as popular as other FF's but it's still a good game. I like it for the Job System and that it's fairly light hearted when compared to Final Fantasy VI and VII.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

TFF's Resident Messenger Am I the only one that loves FFV? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Adore" is a strong word. No, I don't adore it, but I do like it. It is certainly not the best or the worst, but it is in my Top 5 (a little funny since it is the 5th one). I like its story. I have always preferred the "journey for the crystals" stories to that of a modernish story (VII, VIII, XIII). The Job system is really neat as well. I prefer X-2's Job System to that of V's because you can change jobs during battle, but V's is still great. Still, Final Fantasy V is, in my opinion, a good game.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

I loved FFV. I liked all the characters minus Krile. Galaf is all boats and hoes. Both of the final battle songs are amazing as well.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Am I the only one that loves FFV? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I second the comment about final battle songs.

I definetly put FFV in my top three! I think it's epic, but for me, it was more about how I feel looking back on the time spent playing the game rather than the game itself. I cannot find too many reasons to like FFV any more than any other final fantasy game... That being said, I still loved the little things in it, like an airship that turns into a submarine. (badassedness if I do say so myself) I thought the class system in FFV was great! I kinda like to jump around with my classes and I think that FFV really encouraged that. (Given that you unlock so many classes, realitively quickly.)

Still, like I said, it's more about the time I spent playing it. I look back on that time and smile. I really had fun with it.

I want to play a game. Am I the only one that loves FFV? Zargabaath's Avatar
    Final Fantasy V is one of my favorites. It is in my top tier of FF games. The humor is some of the best in the series, possibly being outdone by FF IX, but that is very close. I felt that the cast got more development than most give credit for & that they interacted w/ each other enough to show that they were cohesive group. Last of all let us not forget about Gilgamesh!

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I really enjoyed FFV the first time playing it. As I was close to the Earth Crystal I was wondering to myself....is this game really this short? Then the game opened up more and I just had to continue on and on and on. I am ashamed to say I am at the final fight and then stopped playing.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

On which platform did you play it?
    I think about buying it on PSX if it's worth it

Quote Originally Posted by donbilbo89 View Post
    On which platform did you play it?
    I think about buying it on PSX if it's worth it
    I played it on the PSX myself and enjoyed it pretty much. Of course the graphics look a bit crappy on a good television, but that shouldn't be a problem. (Though mine was an older one when I played it a few years ago...)
    If you own a Gameboy Advanced, though, I'd recommend to play it on it.

As for the topic: I wouldn't say I love FFV, but I enjoyed it pretty much. And I'm probably the only person in the world who really liked Bartz for being so funny throughout the game. xD Wouldn't say it's my favorite, but it's definitely underrated!

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

I'm gonna play it on Super GNES and it's gonna rock.

Just kind of there. Am I the only one that loves FFV? Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going out on a limb and say i've invested the most time out of any game in the series playing Final fantasy V. Even beating out VII and I maxed out the clock twice on VII.

Suffice it to say I love this game.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Skie's Dark Lady Am I the only one that loves FFV? SailorCallie's Avatar
    I like Final Fantasy V because it's not only a great game, but you can try out all of the jobs to see if one of them fits your character.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki4NUl8vbJ0

The Cringe: Empty Table AMV by SailorCallie (me)

PSN Username: SailorCallie
    Nintendo Network Username: Callie1277
    XBox Live Gamertag: SailorCallie77

Final Fantasy V is awesome, though the PlayStation translation is terrible. Maybe that is where all the hate and dislike comes from ?

I'm gonna jump on FFV as soon as I finish FFIII. Job system nostalgia.

I want to play a game. Am I the only one that loves FFV? Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    And I'm probably the only person in the world who really liked Bartz for being so funny throughout the game. xD Wouldn't say it's my favorite, but it's definitely underrated!
    No, there be another. Me. Bartz & Galuf were a hilarious combo.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    I'm playing this on an emulator atm and it reminded me of how much I really like it. FFV is a fun game, it's such a nice break from FFVIII, which I'm playing at the same time. There's no moodiness, no 'romantic' tension, the story and gameplay is about as simple as a Final Fantasy gets, and the Job System is basic but still lets you try different combinations each time you play (III promised this but really there's only like 8 good jobs). Definitely go for the GBA version over the PSOne, there's four extra Jobs plus Faris doesn't have that pirate accent.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I wish they made a version where Galuf
    SPOILER!!:
    wouldn't die
    I'm still upset
    SPOILER!!:
    he died
    Anyone feels the same way?
    Last edited by Odin1199; 02-23-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    You might wanna put that in spoiler tags, there's probably quite a few people who have yet to play FFV.

But yeah it does suck about Galuf, he made a pretty good duo with Bartz, and was generally a cool guy. I've never really liked Krile that much so I lose interest in that game a bit after she joins. I'm up to the floating ruins (can't remember the actual name), making the most of the old coot being in my party as a Black/Time Mage.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Fixed. Yeah, didn't like Krile too much either.

Registered User Am I the only one that loves FFV? Cyric's Avatar
    I haven't really thought too much about the story, but the game play is definitely what makes this one of my most favorite entries in the series. I really wish they'd do something similar to this game's job system (successfully) with a future main series installment.

Registered User Am I the only one that loves FFV? Martial Master's Avatar
    It's definetely up there in my favorites list. It's the blueprint for the foundation of the Bravely games, what with the synergizing job systems and the plot twists midway through, but FFV's twist is actually better.

SPOILER!!:
    The idea that the world was actually split into two different planets with two sets of crystals, just to hold the big bad at bay was awesome, and they did that stuff in the early 90's!

I also enjoy the first set of characters the most. Krile is not so appealing to me either. The music may not be quite as catchy as FFIV's best... feels like a lot of also-ran tracks, like prototypes of FFIV's music. Still, the game is all around good!

Registered User Am I the only one that loves FFV? Cloud87's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if anyone else who feels this way like i do but i love all Final Fantasy equally including Final Fantasy 5 too as well so far I've tried & so far i loved & no i don't know am i only one who loves all Final Fantasy equally or not just wanted to say how i feel so no i don't think you're alone as for me if you don't mind me saying it again i love all Final Fantasy equally including Final Fantasy 5 too as well so far I've tried & so far i loved .
    Last edited by Cloud87; 01-29-2017 at 08:49 AM.

FF5 has best elements out of all FF's from 1-6. Spells, jobs, battle, enemies. It has some of the best music, coolest setting, especially how 2 worlds are connected and the cleft of dimension. Such an awesome place on it's own. Exdeath, he's badass, he wants to really mess things up and he does it in a pretty messy and powerful way. He doesn't need to masquarade and play mind games with people. He just does things. What can I say, FF5 is one of the best games in my books.