Thread: Your FFI and FFII beat times?

I like to lol. Your FFI and FFII beat times? ExQuentin's Avatar

Your FFI and FFII beat times?

Just so I can get a personal estimate on the time it will take me to beat FFII (in game play time), I need to compare my beat time of FFI to yours (any of yours). Then I need your FFII beat time so I can then estimate mine, the equation: x/y = x/y or in this case: I/II = I/II I want this information so I can estimate the time I will be needing to acquire a DS Lite to play FFIII (see "ExQuentin's Journal")

I just need your beat time of FFI and FFII, also please tell me if you used any guides, walkthroughs, or maps (dont tell me exactly where you got them or anything, just yes or no will do with that). Thank you all in advance.

Registered User Your FFI and FFII beat times? Locke4God's Avatar

Re: Your FFI and FFII beat times?

Yeah that's a good idea. I'll tell you this, I usually play fairly methodically. Not slowly, but I'll explore a little. I don't try to do every little single thing. I usually work up to level 65 or so. I grind moderately. Games like 7 & 8 take me 90 hours or so. Earlier games like 4 & 6 took me 60-65. And FF1 took me 45-50. I'm playing 2 right now, and if I had to guess it feels like it's going to take me 50-55? Once a game, if I'm stuck, I won't use a guidemap, but I will use a walkthrough instead of guessing for 10 hours. I hope that helps you.
    Last edited by Locke4God; 04-08-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Registered User Your FFI and FFII beat times? Shiro's Avatar

FF1 took me 7hrs to complete on gba. It's ridiculously easy.
    FFII gba took me about 12 hours. The original Nes versions take a lot longer I think because they are more difficult and run slower. I didn't find any need to grind in either of the dawn of souls versions as the difficulty was very low. I use a walkthrough for dungeons as I tend to get lost. If you do all the secret dungeons and post-game missions like soul of rebirth you can add a couple of hours on, but unless you intend to max your stats and spells I doubt you'll be spending more than 20 hours on these games. Well, the DoS versions, at any rate.

Registered User Your FFI and FFII beat times? Locke4God's Avatar

@ shiro - I'm not doubting you, but trust me, I don't play slow, and for you to say that you don't know how it would take more than 20 hours astounds me. I move pretty quickly and it took me 40. How in the world could it possibly take you only 12? It takes at least an hour to get through a dungeon and there must be 12 of those or more. + how much time it takes to traverse the land, speak with NPCs, buy weapons, fight bosses etc.

The game is easily 40 hours. You'd have to be racing to do it much faster.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post
    @ shiro - I'm not doubting you, but trust me, I don't play slow, and for you to say that you don't know how it would take more than 20 hours astounds me. I move pretty quickly and it took me 40. How in the world could it possibly take you only 12? It takes at least an hour to get through a dungeon and there must be 12 of those or more. + how much time it takes to traverse the land, speak with NPCs, buy weapons, fight bosses etc.

The game is easily 40 hours. You'd have to be racing to do it much faster.
    FFI and FFII? Forty hours? What the **** were you doing? Counting pixels?

I booted up my FFI saved data, and I have my clear data at 18:35, whole party evenly levelled at 80. Thief, Warrior and two Red Mages. I know for a fact I could have had a faster time - I got lost in two dungeons, and must have found an optional one or something because this place wasn't mentioned in the guide I found online after getting bored of getting lost.

That was me playing slow through FFI - I wasn't go for a speed run or anything. To even suggest that there's 40 hours of content is ludicrous. I didn't find everything the game has to offer, but I know that there wouldn't be enough to keep me plugged into that game for another 21:25. >>;

As for FFII? My clock is 2:12. Yeah, I've not finished. I just wanted to count the pixels in the first room you wake up in.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

FFI I've beaten usually in a good 10 hours. I think I usually get into the 50s in levels.

For FFII, I haven't beaten in a long while, but I'd also say 10 hours.

I hate spending time grinding. What I like to do is either go exploring or 1)go where I need to, 2)get my butt handed to me, 3)go back to town to heal and 4)repeat. Gets me quite a bit of money, I get to know the dungeon better, and gets me plenty of levels.
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

Registered User Your FFI and FFII beat times? Shiro's Avatar

I wouldn't doubt the Nes versions can take much longer because of their difficulty. However the Gba versions are just not challenging enough to keep me at them for more than 20 hours. They could take longer if you count the pixels though :-P

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Your FFI and FFII beat times? Xanatos's Avatar

It took me 18:45 to beat Final Fantasy II Anniversary edition, 17:37 to go through Final Fantasy I, Anniversary edition as well. Can't recall how long it took me to beat Dawn of Souls version of both games, I'm guessing 15 hours or less, anything above seems bit extreme to me.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Final Fantasy Noob! Your FFI and FFII beat times? ZenMonkey59's Avatar

I just beat Final Fantasy I for the first time. My clear time is just over 12 hours. I'm playing the iPhone version though, so I guess its easier than the original NES.

I guess I don't really get how it could take someone 40+ hours? I only used a walkthrough once or twice (when I got lost in a dungeon), and I took the time to find as much treasure as I could. My characters were only about level 40 at completion...but I couldn't imagine adding another 28 hours into that game. I don't know what else there is to do?

Ginomee

16:35 for Final Fantasy I. Not too hard on the PSP. Final Fantasy II was 22:13. I used a walkthrough occasionally.

Both took me 11-12 hours to beat on the GBA.

I took me 17 hours to beat on PSP, my my only PSp run was a White mage only squad.

First time i completed FFI took me around 20-25 hours (i got lost a fair bit and ended up having to use a guide) and my team was around Lv 55 - 60. This time however, i'm looking at maxing out levels and completing the bonus dungeons so i'm looking at closer to 35 - 40 hours by the end of this current walkthrough.

As for FFII, well i've never actually finished the game before, but it's next on my to-do list after finishing FFI.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

The Lost Writer Your FFI and FFII beat times? Psiko's Avatar

FFI - my best time is under six hours on the NES version. No joke, I did a time trial years ago on this forum. I would like to think of it as my ultimate mastery of the game, in lieu of completing the 4 White Mage challenge (which I am currently doing and will NOT win in under 6 hours...)

I'd say my average time would be around 8-10 hours of playing with a balanced party.

Of course, if you level for hours and hours on the imps and wolves, I could see you playing for 40+ hours. Any other reason is just a poor excuse for being slow at beating a fairly straight-forward game.

Final Fantasy IIj is the anti-Final Fantasy of the NES/SNES generation. I love Mystic Quest more than IIj, therefore my completion time is incomplete.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.