Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what you liked bast about FFI

what you liked bast about FFI

the monk was my favorite character for sure how about you guys / gals ?

Don't bash it till you've tried it what you liked bast about FFI MILK's Avatar
    i liked the fact that at the dragon lair you can upgrade your characters and your visuals change....i like it more because its not like FFII

My TFF Family

My annoying, random, and video game-addicted cousin Ralz

My gunslinging, chicken obsessed younger brother H.U.N.K

I feel epic... what you liked bast about FFI Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    I guess I liked the fact that even though four complete strangers happen upon Cornelia, and they don't even know if they got those crystals off of eBay, everyone still expects them to save the world.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Shake it like a polaroid picture what you liked bast about FFI RagnaToad's Avatar
    The battle system is just great. Although the fact that you couldn't change the order in which characters would attack, I really liked the fact that you could use equipment in battle over and over again. Really nice feature, but it made the attackers somewhat too godlike.

Great game to play in general, but sometimes too easy.

Good times.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Soldier 1st Class what you liked bast about FFI Tietsu's Avatar
    I like th fact that in the GBA version its a basic rpg and top of that u dont change job classes (even though thats the best part in most of the FF games)

Daygen DeVille
    i like how right from the start you get to pick your 4 characters. kinda wished i hadnt of picked the monk cuz he seems useless but ive come too far in the game to start again so i guess i'll have to suffer through it .

my faves FF7 & the games after that started to stray away from it so i like playing the games (esp 1 & 2) prior to 7 cuz its all rather similar

I want to play a game. what you liked bast about FFI Zargabaath's Avatar
    I like the pure fantasy feel I get from the game that few other Final Fantasies have been able to capture. The basic job system that made possible each playthrough different. The Castle in the Sky reference. The history the world had. The music!!! One of my favourite Final Fantasy soundtracks.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

TycuroRaidyn
    Becuase you're called "The warriors of light" That would make Team Avalanche cream themselves.

The Alpha & Omega what you liked bast about FFI Einherjan's Avatar
    The simplicity. Overall, I find Final Fantasy I the most enjoyable of all the games. Weird, huh? Let me explain. I like the fact that there was no characterization or back story for the four characters. They are just four warriors of the light; each with a specialization. This is good because you do not get burdened with the usual character clitches that Final Fantasy is known for.

Otherwise, you have your age old story of Light vs. Dark. Which is always good.

Selkie in training what you liked bast about FFI Silver Spyro's Avatar
    That it started FF. ^^
    Call me Silver.

ff_FAN:P
    Quote Originally Posted by magujido View Post
    the monk was my favorite character for sure how about you guys / gals ?
    hehehe the monk was my least fave becaus it did not contribut to any of my battling at all untill a very high lvle i f ur beginging the ff series and want to go in order from 1 to 14 i recomend using 1 white ,mmagw and 3 fighters it the easies t win 3 walking tanks and a portable ambulance that jus my opinion please take no offense

Blog Entries
    I always liked how simple yet how in depth the game can get. It definitely gets replayed more times then I care to admit on my laptop, but it's always fun to try to get through the game with different parties and stuff. Also, I liked the NES version of FF1 the best. I liked how D&D-ish the game felt, especially with the mages. It required not spaming spells on random encounters, which made players use this thing called "intelligence" and to use this verb called "conserve" their abilities. After all, you need to have firepower to beat the boss, but will it matter if you can't make it past the first few random encounters?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Selkie in training what you liked bast about FFI Silver Spyro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ff_FAN:P View Post
    hehehe the monk was my least fave becaus it did not contribut to any of my battling at all untill a very high lvle i f ur beginging the ff series and want to go in order from 1 to 14 i recomend using 1 white ,mmagw and 3 fighters it the easies t win 3 walking tanks and a portable ambulance that jus my opinion please take no offense
    Same. He was my least favorite also, I prefer Mages with swords.
    Call me Silver.

The moment your characters get class upgrades, feels good, and makes you feel like you're really progressing far into the game.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

combat ready what you liked bast about FFI nocht's Avatar
    my favorite part was the fact that the bosses were at least a challenge later on

The ending - it was epic. *_*
    Spoiler:
    The fact that the Warriors of Light rescued the world.. well, I expected that. .-."
    The time loop - woah, didn't expect something like that to happen in the very first FF. xD" The story was overall great - especially considering the fact that this game first came out around 1990 O.o"
    Sad, tragic, yet epic, was that nobody will ever remember the four Warriors who rescued the world. That was something I really found sad.~ It's not that I like it because it's sad, it's just that I like this kind of story. The Warriors know that they've rescued the world, but the people don't. Nobody will ever know. That's sooo~ epic. >//<"
    (I decide to end my "speech" here, as I just can't describe this XD")

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Page-kun
    The story was great. It was simple yet at the same time was deep enough to keep me interested.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth what you liked bast about FFI Xanatos's Avatar
    Definitely the story, I was surprised to see that such a simple story can be so deep and interesting. The character themselves didn't have any background story or even any kind of personality but for some strange reason I liked them right from the beginning, maybe because of their noble quest or maybe because of the job system, don't know but I liked them. The music is also great, I might say epic considering that it was made in 1987.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I like how much the sleeping bag looks like a condom in the GBA version...hehe ;-)
    (Okay be serious)
    The feeling of nostalgia I get when I play the game is what does it for me, as well as the replay value, trying out different teams and strategies. The old-school fantasy RPG is something that paved the way for the games we know and love today and Final Fantasy I is a benchmark of the genre.
    "Time...it will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on,
    It escapes you..."

Registered User what you liked bast about FFI Kindushin's Avatar
    I loved to try out different teams, and challenge myself (Run from every battle and buy no new weapons)

Yeah, i'm a crazy person. Deal with it.

demon slayer what you liked bast about FFI EvT1991's Avatar
    my favorite part of/thing about final fantasy uno:

fav part: definitely the part where you goto bahamut and get the upgrade...

fav thing about: gotta be the nostalgic feel to it... i am not ashamed to admit i STILL play it on the old nessie (yes, i still have a nes, and i still play the original version on its original media, the nes cartridge)

my favourite thing about it is that i actually finished it

i never thought that i would even start it in 2010 and knowing that i´ve just beat a milestone in video game history is just awesome!

I really liked the part in that dungeon to fight the Lich where I got lost and grinded for 2 weeks straight because I was to lazy to actually figure out how I got lost or where to go so eventually after being like lvl35ish I finally finished the game. 1 shotting the final boss.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES what you liked bast about FFI Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Re: what you liked bast about FFI

isn't that the one that is like the original zelda games cause if it is then i loved it it was cool

Zento

I love retro video games....

I play Final Fantasy 1 all the time. the best game ever made.
    I have beat it maybe 6 times what i like most about it is being able to pick your characters it make it way more personal. unlike the other FFs (excluding 11) where you just name permade chars. anyway if you dont have love for this GOD of a game then your no real gamer....

Do the elements trust you? what you liked bast about FFI bahamuts heir's Avatar

Two words-my fav thing
    red Mage
    I also like that it used some good culture and I learned alot of mythology from investigating it further
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Registered User what you liked bast about FFI Zidane77's Avatar

It was simple, had good music and you can level up, pretty solid for me

I liked that they somehow knew what to do all the time and that they always said yes to quests even though they had no emotions.

Zidane1994

I think... Umm... Hmmm... my fave character (just because he looks cool and does some flashy magic) *drumroll*... The Black MAGE!!! apart from that music, story, graphics, gameplay.ETC

Rune Knight what you liked bast about FFI Trodorne's Avatar

what i liked "BEST" about final fantasy 1 was the world. it was a great world map. the whole time loop thing is crazy when everyone knows if you change the past all you do i end up in another universe. like come one quantum mechanics.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast