Thread: What is the most efficient team on FFI?

Phenomenon

What is the most efficient team on FFI?

What do you think is the most efficient team on Final Fantasy I?

Here's what I think.

Warrior
    Warrior
    Thief
    Red Mage

So pretty much you get the Warrior's HP and DEF, Thief's attack rate, Red Mage's magic, and later the Warriors will get White Magic and the thief will get his black magic.

So, whats your team like? or what WAS your team like I suppose

What is the most efficient team on FFI? Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: What is the most efficient team on FFI?

Really If I wanna just NUKE through this game I pick these dudes...

Warrior
    White Mage
    Thief
    Black Mage

Warrior for his abuse in attack, defense, and HP.

White Mage for Healing, protection, and reviving. (Not bad with the Masamune in hand, yes she can equip it)

Thief for when he turns into a Ninja, Haste and Temper buffs nuff said. Oh plus he can equip about every weapon in the game and wear heavy armor. Basically my backup buffer.

Black Mage solely because he one hit kills most normal enemies so it loosens the strain on your attackers at the first half trying to hit everybody one at a time. He's main my buffer and enemy area attacker. Judgement Staff works well with him too equipped with Wizard Hat at higher levels.

Oh, I still play this. GBA and PSP and My Wii the original version.
    Last edited by Secret Weapon; 03-04-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

Registered User What is the most efficient team on FFI? TheLastAdventAuron's Avatar

Ummm... Either:
    Warrior
    Warrior
    White Mage
    Black Mage
    OR
    Red Mage (White Magic Focus)
    Red Mage (White Magic Focus)
    Red Mage (Black Magic Focus)
    Red Mage (Black Magic Focus)

Nemen

Thank you for the useful information. The party i will use when i get my copy of FF I will be:

Warrior
    White Mage
    Thief
    Black Mage

Phenomenon

I remember my brother going through the game and got all the optionals with

Warrior
    Warrior
    Warrior
    Warrior

He said it was hard starting out but in the end there was no stopping him.

I feel epic... What is the most efficient team on FFI? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

I never had any real issues going through the game with the perfectly even:

Warrior
    Thief
    White Mage
    Black Mage

Its like the most balanced team you'll get.

Warrior becomes your fighter tank, basically. He's got the HP, Defense, and Attack to back up his claims. Though he can use some White Magic when he becomes a Knight, the spells he has access to aren't very amazing, and his Intelligence stat is lacking, too. He's pure offense, plain and simple.

Thief is the back-up support, really. He attacks fast at the beginning, and when he becomes a Ninja, he gains access to the important Haste and Temper, which helps Black Mage make the team a boss destroyer. Until he's a Ninja, his stats aren't too bad, he can fend off plenty of monsters by himself. Also, his has great agility, which can be great for running away from needless battles.

White Mage is the healer, that's her only real function, but she's almost necessary for the average gamer. She's the only one who can use the Heal spells, which become greatly effective near the end of the game. She also has status restoring abilities, but they never seem all that important, as statuses are so hard to come by, apparently. She should never be allowed to fall. Her best spell is Holy, but its weaker than Flare. Still, it allows her to do more than just wack people with a hammer, which is badass, BTW.

Black Mage is the magical offense. He'll, unfortunately, have low HP, sometimes dangerously low. But, his MP will skyrocket. His staves also come with helpful abilities when you use them. His Intelligence stat with also be very high, making his spells very effective. Like Ninja, he should stick to Haste and Temper at the start, and then use Flare spells, I'm talking end-game, BTW. All his spells are nice, but really, only one will ever truly matter as an attack.

But, its up to you. I haven't used Monk yet, but it seems like he can't learn magic, ever, so screw him. Also, Red Mage has been watered down in later remakes, and he can't learn the better spells, so screw him, too. I suppose a full team of Red Mages who differ in spell uses might be useful, but I don't know.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

My cousin says that his best party was...

Fighter
    Fighter
    Black Mage
    White Mage

I haven't beat the game yet, so I couldn't tell you what I think the best party is.

Warrior
    Theif
    White Mage
    Black Mage

Simple but efficient.

frayjog

My current party is:

Warrior
    Red Mage
    Monk
    White Mage

It's pretty fun, though now that I'm reaching higher levels, I'm really feeling the limited potential of the Red Mage.

4 Thief's.

THE BEST
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

What is the most efficient team on FFI? Ragtime's Avatar

Warrior
    Monk
    Red Mage
    White Mage

The Lost Writer What is the most efficient team on FFI? Psiko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    But, its up to you. I haven't used Monk yet, but it seems like he can't learn magic, ever, so screw him. Also, Red Mage has been watered down in later remakes, and he can't learn the better spells, so screw him, too. I suppose a full team of Red Mages who differ in spell uses might be useful, but I don't know.
    A few comments to make on this:

1. Magic is not necessary to beat the game. End of story. Yes, some of the magic is very beneficial and can help you get through some tough situations a little easier; however, there is no reason to shun the Monk simply because of a lack of magic. The same complaint could then be placed on three of the other classes because the Fighter and Thief learn magic so late (and by the time they get those spells most of them aren't very useful), as well as Red Mage, who has limited access late in the game.

Red Mage has been watered down how, exactly? I ask sincerely, since the "newest" remake I've played is the PS1 version on the Origins disc. Red Mage has never had access to later spells, nor heavy equipment. His balance is phenomenal in the early parts of the game, but it tapers off about the time you complete Gurgu Volcano, Ice Cave, and gain access to the class change from the Castle of Ordeals.

That being said, here is my opinion on the most balanced party:

Fighter - Swords and heavy armor will help carry you from the first battle to the last battle. He is your front-line attacker and the one you pray the monsters hit each round for 1 damage. He is your well-rounded melee powerhouse, and there is always a spot for one of these in any party.

Monk - Twelve levels or so of suckage will make things rough until about the Earth Cave. Take the time to build some levels early on; this will pay off because you power your Monk as well as gain gold to supply the other three party members. This guy will be your first Haste for most of the game, and will be a nearly-free member of your party. By the end of the game, the ability to do 8+ hits per round with his attack will be devastating to all the monsters in the way. In my opinion, he becomes your best offensive weapon by the time you meet Kraken, if you do it right.

White Mage - Her healing is great from start to finish. There are some nice little party buff spells that most people ignore. She also tears apart the undead with her Harm spells (name may differ in other versions). Early on her damage with a Hammer is respectable, too, even if a little inaccurate.

Black Mage - Haste. Haste. Haste. Haste. Haste. This is the ONLY reason I recommend this guy, really. Sure, the nukes are incredible. Yes, it feels good to wipe out a screen of Frost Wolves with one spell. He dies very fast and, without the magic, is a waste of a spot. He certainly could be swapped out, but for a well-rounded party the magic is invaluable. Especially that one spell. Use it on your two melees at the start of EVERY boss fight. Period.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared What is the most efficient team on FFI? The Dark Crystal's Avatar

If I can remember correctly I used a...

1. Warrior
    2. White Mage
    3. Black Mage
    4. Thief

It has been a long time since I have played FF1, but I usually used this set up when I played 1,2,4,5, & 6
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Do the elements trust you? What is the most efficient team on FFI? bahamuts heir's Avatar

Warrior-Excalibur and impossible to kill+protect,blink,etc
    thief-speed and power(one hit killz!!!!!) and temper+haste!
    red Mage-focused in white magic and deathbringer is epic!
    red Mage-black magic focus and deathbringer
    or
    warrior-same
    thief-same
    white Mage-masamune? Sweet! And her "heal" spells are epic+holy
    black mage-items with spells+absurdly high intelligence=BOOM
    I have the itouch version and the redmages have more spells, better stats, and DEATHBRINGER(holy shit is this thing powerful and easy to get(item drop from black knight, high drop rate)
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

I feel epic... What is the most efficient team on FFI? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Psiko View Post
    Red Mage has been watered down how, exactly? I ask sincerely, since the "newest" remake I've played is the PS1 version on the Origins disc. Red Mage has never had access to later spells, nor heavy equipment. His balance is phenomenal in the early parts of the game, but it tapers off about the time you complete Gurgu Volcano, Ice Cave, and gain access to the class change from the Castle of Ordeals.
    I was talking about the GBA and PSP remakes. I've not played the Origins game or even the original, so I don't know if he's better. But, in the recent remakes, his stats are lowers than the mages, because in the original NES game, the Intelligence stat didn't work, so he could do the same as a White and Black Mage. Now that they work again, he's not so useful. And the fact that he can't learn the Heal spells really is what kills it for me. Some people can do a game with items only, but I just know there's no way I could ever have enough to keep myself alive.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Let's make it rain. What is the most efficient team on FFI? Jonathanx221's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Weapon View Post
    Really If I wanna just NUKE through this game I pick these dudes...

Warrior
    White Mage
    Thief
    Black Mage

Warrior for his abuse in attack, defense, and HP.

White Mage for Healing, protection, and reviving. (Not bad with the Masamune in hand, yes she can equip it)

Thief for when he turns into a Ninja, Haste and Temper buffs nuff said. Oh plus he can equip about every weapon in the game and wear heavy armor. Basically my backup buffer.

Black Mage solely because he one hit kills most normal enemies so it loosens the strain on your attackers at the first half trying to hit everybody one at a time. He's main my buffer and enemy area attacker. Judgement Staff works well with him too equipped with Wizard Hat at higher levels.

Oh, I still play this. GBA and PSP and My Wii the original version.
    I agree with you, the ninja REALLY pays off. After putting up with that worthless thief for so long, I got the ninja and the rest of the game was cake. =]

Go with Secret Weapon's, because I used the same party and demolished that game.

Do the elements trust you? What is the most efficient team on FFI? bahamuts heir's Avatar

o ya I just remembered something
    placement in the character creation affects stats
    in my most recent party, I had 2 red mages, one was made in the first slot and had incredible stats, the one made in the last slot was really weak in comparison but I switched order ingame so my awsome red Mage would stop getting wailed on
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Rune Knight What is the most efficient team on FFI? Trodorne's Avatar

I tend to agree that:
    Warrior
    Thief
    White Mage
    Black Mage
    work wonders but im always a fan at running a red mage to replace the Thief. I use the red mage cause he is an early buff plus he can use some cool weapons as well. not as strong as a ninja but he does balance out to even the party. jack of all trades.

Blade master What is the most efficient team on FFI? Midori's Avatar

This is the best party imo
    Warrior--Strong attack
    White mage- need healing
    monk-----not very strong in beginning but trust me, they get a lot stronger when unequipped
    red mage---good mix of white magic and black magick, also temper ability helps raise atk by a lot.

A shining blade of holy light. What is the most efficient team on FFI? Mythgraven's Avatar

this is my favorite team that i beat the game 20 times with:

warrior
    warrior
    thief

A shining blade of holy light. What is the most efficient team on FFI? Mythgraven's Avatar

sry bout that missing 4th guy wat i was saaying was

warrior
    warrior
    thief
    black mage

TFF's Resident Messenger What is the most efficient team on FFI? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What is the most efficient team on FFI?

I played Final Fantasy on my GBA SP (FFI & II: Dawn of Souls). The first time I played, I used...

Warrior
    Thief
    White Mage
    Black Mage

But after playing with many combinations, I have come up with this group as the best, for me.

Warrior: It is always good to have someone whose jobs it is to hack and slash the enemy into a bloody (animated) mess. Then as he becomes a Knight, the added White Magic safety is helpful to.

Red Mage: Also able to carry swords, the Red Mage's ability to learn both schools of magic is definitely helpful against those monsters that just don't seem to want to die. Granted, it kinda sucks that he can't use the most powerful spells in Black and White Magic, but he is perfect for learning the spells that you don't let a White Mage or Black Mage learn.

White Mage: Although physically weak, this character really comes in handy when your physical characters need a little push. Also, you have to have one in your party, because they just make your other characters happier. (This doesn't actually affect any aspect of the game.)

Black Mage: What person hasn't gone through life thinking, "Ooh, I wish I could set something on fire just by waving a staff or saying magic words!"? I know I have, and I lived my dream by adding a Black Mage to my party. Their HP is no where near the top of the rankings list, but it's MP is much higher. Just make sure to have plenty of Tents and Ethers/Elixirs to quench his magical thirst.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

3x Black Mages
    1x White Mage

Have fun with that
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ