Thread: What is Black Belt?

Question What is Black Belt?

What exactly are the pros and cons of the Black Belt job?

Go with me, Exkaizer~ What is Black Belt? Treize's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walrusman View Post
    What exactly are the pros and cons of the Black Belt job?
    The pros are that it requires very little equipment and, thus, costs very little money, and another pro is that it can do substantial damage and usually inflicts multiple hits. The con would be that it has weak defense and, thus, can get killed pretty easily.
    Last edited by Treize; 10-12-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Blog Entries
    Black Belts have the potential to do a lot of damage, but throughout the early parts of the game can get killed very easily, due to their average HP levels and low armor. Later in the game this changes because Black Belts can do more damage and more hits, so then they are able to pull their own weight and then some by the end of the game. Until then, they have to get carried around by their teammates until they get to a high enough level for the Black Belts to be useful. If you are patient and like to levelgrind then Black Belts are for you.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Death Before Dishonor What is Black Belt? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Like Rocky and Trieze both said blackbelts have insane attack power once leveled up but they have low defense...And as Rocky said later in the game it doesnt really matter, personally the blackbelt is my favorite and I almost always have one in my group..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    If you are patient and like to levelgrind then Black Belts are for you.
    Great! I tend to levelgrind alot, so I think he's really going to help me out.

The Lost Writer What is Black Belt? Psiko's Avatar
    Best. Job. Ever.

I think those three words sum it up rather well. I've played the game through with four Fighters and it was easy but expensive. I played the game through with four Black Belts and it was tough until about 13-15 and then it got way too easy in a hurry. And never expensive. I think the IDEAL pairing would be Black Belt x 2, Black Mage x 2. Your mages start a boss by casting FAST on the two Black Belts and then you simply rip the enemy apart.You think you can save money switching to Geico?

Try switching to Black Belt. You'll rarely have to spend a gold on them. Which means the Black Mages can have Massive Arcane Tomes...OF DOOM!
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

Re: What is Black Belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Psiko View Post
    Best. Job. Ever.
    I wouldn't go that far, but Black Belts are definitely a good character to roll with during the game. If you're playing FFI, their class change form, the Master class, is also incredibly awesome although they both do suffer from a lack of defense.

Being the cautious player i am, i tend to stick with characters with decent defensive stats so as to maximise my chance at survival. But in terms of strength and damage per hit, Black Belts/Masters totally own.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ