Thread: Proven Fact For Magus' (Well from my Observation)

Proven Fact For Magus' (Well from my Observation) Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Proven Fact For Magus' (Well from my Observation)

*SPOILER!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU'VE NOT BEATEN THE FINAL BOSS OF THIS GAME!!!! >.< *

The Magus are in fact very end game worthy in my party because of what I discovered beating the Cloud of Darkness and tally now 2 runs through FFIII DS. The left tentacle is immune to magic while the right is immune to physical attacks. With the right being suseptible to magic he takes 9999 to ice/fire -aga type spells. I couldn't even do half as much damage as Blizzaga/Firaga with Flare and its magic strength is x2 that of those spells!!! Many of you will either place a Sage/Summoner in my Magus' place but when you think about it. why would you want a target all caster or a magic user whos offensive spells are a little over half as strong as the Magus fighting a single target boss? I'd love to read what you guys think but this just gave me another reason (on top of the Magus' being a left on the shelf class & diffucult to be flexible with) to love the Magus (You only get to see this class in this FF so why not?)!
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

I want to play a game. Proven Fact For Magus' (Well from my Observation) Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Proven Fact For Magus' (Well from my Observation)

While this is an interesting read, Cloud of Darkness can be beaten with any hodge-podge party; as long as it consists of a Devout of Sage. When I first took on the Cloud of Darkness I found that Protect was invaluable at reducing the damage taken.

One thing I like about FFIII is I like to use different party combinations. In both of my victories against the CoD I used a different party. Next time around I plan on using a Knight, Dark Knight, Devout/Sage (probably a Sage though the spd sucks), & probably a Geomancer.

A Magus may wipe the floor with the CoD, but a Summoner is just as viable. Just as a Viking (which are awesome) in lieu of Ninja. If the player is wanting to do beat the CoD in the fastest way then that is when class consideration comes into discussion, otherwise is they get the job done then all is well.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User Proven Fact For Magus' (Well from my Observation)

Re: Proven Fact For Magus' (Well from my Observation)

well, I have a magus in my party (Arc) and it is really paying off, it is easy to beat powerful enimies with!