Thread: need help !!!! few questions

popje

need help !!!! few questions

1. do characters are equal ? do the first character do more damage than the others ? I guess yes

2. I use a warrior, white mage, black mage and a monk they are all level 23, is that a good combo?

I tought I should change the warrior for a knight.. but its stupid, my warrior deals 2.5k damage and on the same monster the knight deal 800 damage even if he have more defense, my warrior rarely die

the problem is: the monk, he suck so damn bad.. I dont get it, in many guides they say its the most powerful offensive job in the game.. but I never seen him deal more than a 250 damage (CRIT), with or without weapons, the black mage do well, and my warrior always been the best with a decent armor.. the monk always die because of is super low armor..

ima doing something wrong !!?? the last character is just much weaker than the others ? (the blond guy, was a king guard)

please help me, it piss me off, I feel like im wasting my fourth character, I tried many jobs for him and he always suck and I need to start at job level 1 each time, I just cant find a good job for him.. I think he'll be a evoker since his summons will do the damage not him.. but again.. I cant find any vendor that sell summon spells

yes maybe as a monk he suck because his job level is lower, his monk job level is 21, 10 job level wont give him an extra 1-2k damage..

I want to play a game. need help !!!! few questions Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: need help !!!! few questions

There may be statistical differences between the characters I'm not sure about that. As for the first character doing more damage than the others (I'm assuming the "first person" is the one on the most right - Luneth) it depends on the job they have.

The reason why the "first person" is doing most damage is because they are a Warrior. A Black Mage may be able to output the same amount of damage depending if the player can figure the elemental weakness. A White Mage is not an offensive class - they are for healing. A Monk is a really good class and make sure not to equip any weapon on them; they are at their best bare-hand. There are two different levels in Final Fantasy III: physical level and job level. Classes become stronger quicker through their job level increasing. So Monk will become a powerhouse the more skilled the character is for that class.

Eventually you may need a Knight or a Viking. That Garuda fight can be a pain. I give you forewarning on Evokers. While Evokers can summon they have no control as to what ability the summon will use. When an Evoker or Sage use a summon there are two different things that the summon can do - an ability geared towards black magic (damage/debilitating) or geared towards white magic (healing/protective/enhancing). The Summoner class is the only summoning class that can use the summons [now] traditional attacks: Shiva/Diamond Dust, Ifrit/Hellfire, Bahamut/Megaflare for example.

I know when I've played through this game twice my Monk's job level always leveled quickly. It is weird that your job level is lower than your physical level. Increase your job level for Monk and the jobs for the other characters because all get stronger that way. Remember not to equip Monk with any weapon, those claws are for Black Belt which is also a great damage dealer.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

popje

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    There may be statistical differences between the characters I'm not sure about that. As for the first character doing more damage than the others (I'm assuming the "first person" is the one on the most right - Luneth) it depends on the job they have.

The reason why the "first person" is doing most damage is because they are a Warrior. A Black Mage may be able to output the same amount of damage depending if the player can figure the elemental weakness. A White Mage is not an offensive class - they are for healing. A Monk is a really good class and make sure not to equip any weapon on them; they are at their best bare-hand. There are two different levels in Final Fantasy III: physical level and job level. Classes become stronger quicker through their job level increasing. So Monk will become a powerhouse the more skilled the character is for that class.

Eventually you may need a Knight or a Viking. That Garuda fight can be a pain. I give you forewarning on Evokers. While Evokers can summon they have no control as to what ability the summon will use. When an Evoker or Sage use a summon there are two different things that the summon can do - an ability geared towards black magic (damage/debilitating) or geared towards white magic (healing/protective/enhancing). The Summoner class is the only summoning class that can use the summons [now] traditional attacks: Shiva/Diamond Dust, Ifrit/Hellfire, Bahamut/Megaflare for example.

I know when I've played through this game twice my Monk's job level always leveled quickly. It is weird that your job level is lower than your physical level. Increase your job level for Monk and the jobs for the other characters because all get stronger that way. Remember not to equip Monk with any weapon, those claws are for Black Belt which is also a great damage dealer.
    thanks ! my monk is level 23 and job level 21, because I switched his jobs a lot of time.. but I just tried him again with no weapons.. only armors and his hands.. my warrior deal 2300 damage on a red slim and my monk, on the same monster, deal 83 damage.. I dont get it.. I watched some videos on youtube and I see monks dealing 600 damages with claws at the same level than my monk.. why ?

im sure im doing something wrong

I guess ill just switch his job for a knight because I need a defensive character, but still, why id need a defensive character when 1/4 of the time he dont get attacked, I dont know what to do

I want to play a game. need help !!!! few questions Zargabaath's Avatar

I do believe some enemies are resistant to "Bare Hands" while some are vulnerable. Monks do start off weak but as they gain job levels which should be quickly - stick to it - they become wrecking machines. After looking around for Monk guide, typically before the Fire Crystal a Monk can do more damage than any other job using a standard attack. Why this happens is as I've experienced, a Monk's job level goes up quickly. As you said you've switched out your Monk often probably because you were unimpressed by the job, however that caused the job not to level.

To give you some perspective as to how strong Monks can be I loaded my file up and pulled my Monk's strength & attack stats: strength is at 71 and my attack is at 334. If I equip the two strongest claws I have - Hellish Claws & Dark Claws - my attack is at 236. My job level is at 99, Luneth is a job level 99 Viking whose attack is at 238 with two axes equipped for a comparison. Their physical level is at 78 for both. Claws are meant for Black Belts, but in the beginning stages of a Monk I do believe that the claws add more attack. As the job levels up though claws become useless - unless for elemental exploit which isn't that necessary.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 10-31-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

popje

ill give the monk another chance and ill let you know
    if anyone else have an idea why my monk, wich at the beginning, damage was 2x weaker than my healer, and less resistant than my healer, at the same job level than the other characters.. let me know, im still a bit confused

Registered User need help !!!! few questions

replies to your quetions!

1.) the first characters do not do more damage than the others depending on their jobs, job levels and the character's level, also if you have a character on the 'rear' position it will do less damage but more defense regardless of it's position in the party!

2.) I have the same layout as you! these are the same jobs as in my party! the monk takes a while to level to its full potential but once you have reached a certain level it pays off! also my tip for using a monk is don't equip it with weapons! they attack better bare handed with no weapons at all! though keep your armour!

!HOPE THIS HELPED!

need help !!!! few questions Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post

thanks ! my monk is level 23 and job level 21, because I switched his jobs a lot of time.. but I just tried him again with no weapons.. only armors and his hands.. my warrior deal 2300 damage on a red slim and my monk, on the same monster, deal 83 damage.. I dont get it.. I watched some videos on youtube and I see monks dealing 600 damages with claws at the same level than my monk.. why ?
    im sure im doing something wrong

I guess ill just switch his job for a knight because I need a defensive character, but still, why id need a defensive character when 1/4 of the time he dont get attacked, I dont know what to do
    Yeah pretty much what Zargabaath said. The Monk indeed starts off weaker than the Warrior but thats because he dual wields weapons & I believe his strength stat is slightly higher than the Monks at low levels. HOWEVER, the Monk will in time absolutely destroy enemies as his job level increases that is because the Monk and Black Belt gain +2 attack power with each job level.

So let's say you did the ol' defend to how many ever class points at the end of each battle 50 times, the Monk's job level will be at 51 and his attack power will be increased by 100! This reason is why Monks and Black Belts are the strongest physical class. You have to have patience building these guys up, they have the potential to be strong only by how much time you invest in them.

I went through most of the game with the Monk until I got the Earth Crystal jobs and I don't ever regret staying with him. I really wouldn't worry about defense unless your a cautious player. The Knight or Viking is the way to go for defense but the way I play is 3 damage dealers and a healer.

Role your characters jobs to your comfort, don't do it cause you see other players on youtube or walkthroughs do it. Hell, I beat the Cloud of Darkness with a Magus/Ninja/Devout/Thief team with my Thief and Ninja in the front ranks without anyone dying. Play to what you feel should conquer in your world.
    Last edited by Secret Weapon; 04-26-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: missed a quotation
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)