Thread: Most Useful Class (Completionist ONLY)

Most Useful Class (Completionist ONLY) Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most Useful Class (Completionist ONLY)

Here are some categories to go by...

Strength- The one you relied on to throw down most of the pain
    Dependability- Who basically pulled the jack out the box when your certainly at ends defeat
    Endurance- Not so much as a meat shield (Viking) but who you didn't have to heal as much (providing you went my route and changed everyone to black belts & leveled em so their Hit points were oom)
    Lastly, flexibility- you can go anywhere with this. It all falls in what jobs your team is roled in & your tactic.

I'd have to say the Ninja is the most useful. I feel if you don't consider/have a ninja amongst your ranks, you party is at a distinct flow.

In strength, the ninja is pretty much unrivaled in his dpt (damage per turn) over any other melee class. At a decent job level (30 & up), they hit very hard in the front rank. From my last game play, he was hitting as much as my Thief was 7000 and up without a critical. Shurikens past level 60 are pretty much 9999 every time, which is the promise you'll need for those Dragons that drop onion gear in Crystal Tower.

Endurance Is this classes only fault to me. His physical defense is more than par once he is full gengi-ed but his magic defense lags even with a protect ring (1/2 magical damage). This will make up if you get his HP to 9999 but if you don't, you'll find yourself him/her in trouble quick of dropping off a flare/holy.

Dependability is near top notch in my book. Ninjas are the 2nd fastest class next to the Thief which makes that much needed elixir for your devout depleted Level 8 spells much needed restoration ASAP. Or one of your teammates drop (sorry if it's your healer). you'll want him up as soon as possible. You'll risk in him/her getting knocked back but I think I would take the 50% chance of my devout healing him fully before giving the enemy/boss that extra percentage in defeating me. Speed is everything in a boss fight, remember that.

Flexibility, I don't even know where to start. This is how I use a ninja & no offense to those who go with leaving a ninja in the back rank throwing shurikens but the back rank is for casters & rangers. The ninja is definitely front line worthy. I would switch the ninja out for a Knight or Dragoon but for one reason, they can damage an enemy from either rank & switch his damage plan at a whim. If you feel he's taking to many hits from the front, shift him to the back... equipping the Rising Sun or Moonring Blade if you don't wanna use shurikens. At the same time your dealing around decent damage without splitting your attack power for defense. Then when the enemy is pelting on someone else, equip his katanas back & he's a Riding lawnmower again. What other class than the Thief (who can equip throwing weapons) has this same offensive-defensive sift?

That's just my take on how proficient a ninja can be without taking ease from the back rank. I said no offense but one more thing, why would you place a class the can dual wield the 2nd strongest type of weapon in the game (dark blades/"katanas"), make him wear gengi gear, and allow him to be in the back throwing 60,000 gil (How much Shurikens cost) by the turn)? It urks me when a ninja is used that way.

Any who your opinions TFF. Doesn't have to be as long as mine though.
    Last edited by Secret Weapon; 03-09-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: misspelling
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

scienceguyz

Re: Most Useful Class (Completionist ONLY)

There is no ONE most useful class, they all specialize and have a different role in battle.
    However I'd otherwise go with Red mage.

Most Useful Class (Completionist ONLY) Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scienceguyz View Post
    There is no ONE most useful class, they all specialize and have a different role in battle.
    However I'd otherwise go with Red mage.
    Yes each class has it's own role in battle, if they had no use then square would've cut out partially useless classes throughout most of the game (*cough* Scholar!). I'm saying in your tactics and the way that you fight, what is the most useful class in your experience/opinion.

I think What In Your Opinion Is The Most Useful Class (Completionist ONLY) too long and dry of a title. It's titled that way so it's open to however you'd want to explain it, of which you didn't even leave a sentence after why the red mage is the most useful.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

scienceguyz

I used scholar in that one part with Hein until I got lots of MP on the Libra level.
    I think that Warrior is useful, because I keep Luneth as a warrior whole game through, but I still have to go with Red mage as Most. Because my guy with White magic and my guy with Dark magic were red mages because I can cast magic and use swords up to level five in magic.