Thread: last boss help

popje

last boss help

I dont get it.. im in front of the last crystal castle, everyone level 48, i get in, kill everyone to get to the last 5 bosses. kill all the four bosses pretty easily, grind a bit until everyone in my team is level 52 and I get totally owned by the last boss.. it means, I go back to level 48 because there NO save points at all between outside the castle and the final boss.. I cant even teleport out once Im in the cloud of shadow or what ever. it piss me off, I lost like 3 hours everytime I fail, and I tried 3 times, where and how do u guys grind before the last boss ? and whats up after this boss.. is it over ? I see people with a level 98 team, what do they do after killing the last boss. is there any side quests or what ever ? I know there a secret boss but thats it

im about to buy FFIV.. but should I finish FFIII first or I actually finished the game ?

Blog Entries

Re: last boss help

48 is a low level to be starting out in the dark world, I suggest being at least level 50 MINIMUM (55ish would be perferable). It helps to have two shamans to keep dropping those cure spells because CoD's flare wave hits everyone for high damage. I say at the first turn, haste your physical damage dealers (hopefully you have monks/ninjas/something that does lot of damage and is a high job level), then have your two shamans heal and keep your HP as high as possible. The last battle is definitely a test of endurance; the higher level you are and the more HP you have, the better your chances are. Don't get discouraged and good luck!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    48 is a low level to be starting out in the dark world, I suggest being at least level 50 MINIMUM (55ish would be perferable). It helps to have two shamans to keep dropping those cure spells because CoD's flare wave hits everyone for high damage. I say at the first turn, haste your physical damage dealers (hopefully you have monks/ninjas/something that does lot of damage and is a high job level), then have your two shamans heal and keep your HP as high as possible. The last battle is definitely a test of endurance; the higher level you are and the more HP you have, the better your chances are. Don't get discouraged and good luck!

Yup, I got to 53 before going into that last area. I believe I used a knight, ninja devout and magus, been awhile.

I want to play a game. last boss help Zargabaath's Avatar

You should also make sure to have your job levels high as well that way the character is more proficient in their respective job. Your physical level is a little low for the Crystal Tower & beyond. There is an enemy in the Crystal Tower called a Bluck that can summon Kum Kum's in the DS version or Doga's Clone in the NES version. I believe you have the DS version, if so the Bluck's are a good enemy to train against because you can allow them to keep summoning Kum Kum's that allows the player to accumulate mass amounts of exp at the end of the battle. The downside to this is that the job level will slow down in progress. The best place to train is Bahamut's Lair where the random encounters give out the best EXP per fight.

You may only need 1 Devout for the fight and have 3 offensive jobs. The most important spell, for me, has been Protect for the final fight. It helped me immensely with mitigating the damage output of the Cloud of Darkness. Haste is good as well. Viking is a good job to have because they can really absorb damage and have pretty good damage output. Ninjas aren't as good as they used to be but with 15-20 shuriken that should be enough for the fight. Summoner with Bahamut and Leviathan is really good as well.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

A shining blade of holy light. last boss help Mythgraven's Avatar

Alright, first things first, you're people are too low leveled. Second of all I highly reccomend you go to Eureka! first and load up on shurikens and get all the special weapons there. Personally my winning party is a magus, knight, ninja, and a sage, all around level 60. If you have onion knight and the job level is very high I highly reccomend using them.

Also when you finish the game you start back at the last place you saved... BUT next time you save there will be 3 stars on your save file and you get a crystal helm, crystal armour, and crystal gloves.

P.S There is no connection between FFIII and FFIV so you should get it wether you finish it or not, cause it's an awesome game.