Thread: How do I regain my hit points?

How do I regain my hit points?

Hi everyone,

I'm just getting into Final Fantasy (of any type) and I'm playing FFI on an NES Emulator.

I have figured out how to assemble a team and wander through the woods looking for a fight. I gain gold and experience after I win the fight. But how do I regain my hit points?

I have figured out how to use a tent or potion - but they cost plenty of gold. White mage can restore my HP but he can only do it twice.

Richard

Look for a chapel in town. Left or Right side should restore HP, the other revives your people.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Look for a chapel in town. Left or Right side should restore HP, the other revives your people.
    That's FF3, loaf, though you are correct.

Inns are the best way to do it in FF1. Coneria Inn is 30 GP for a night for 4 people. That's the cheapest you're gonna get at that early point in the game.

Later, (*cough cough*Marsh Cave) you will discover that, in order to restore your HP reliably as you progress through a dungeon (where tents/cabins/houses cannot be used), you will need a large stockpile of HEAL potions. Since the item shop dialogues do not allow adjustment of quantity of items purchased (this would not be possible until FF3, and not "any amount you want" until FF4), you end up taking about 6000 GP to an item shop and pressing A about 297 times until you have bought 99 HEALs.

Get used to it...janky NES rpg is janky.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Registered User How do I regain my hit points? Cloud87's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    That's FF3, loaf, though you are correct.

Inns are the best way to do it in FF1. Coneria Inn is 30 GP for a night for 4 people. That's the cheapest you're gonna get at that early point in the game.

Later, (*cough cough*Marsh Cave) you will discover that, in order to restore your HP reliably as you progress through a dungeon (where tents/cabins/houses cannot be used), you will need a large stockpile of HEAL potions. Since the item shop dialogues do not allow adjustment of quantity of items purchased (this would not be possible until FF3, and not "any amount you want" until FF4), you end up taking about 6000 GP to an item shop and pressing A about 297 times until you have bought 99 HEALs.

Get used to it...janky NES rpg is janky.
    I agreed with everything you said about FF1 & yes FF1 is 1 of my favorite or at least enjoy game of Final Fantasy even though I've played Final Fantasy on my mini NES & before any of you asked me yes my mini NES is in my collection & if any of you want to know i have gotten it in my collection for my birthday last year