Thread: Geomancers

Geomancers

Haven't used them much, but I've heard their Shadowflare move is awesome. Is that move learnt like with Gau in the Veld or is it always a random thing with terrain?

Re: Geomancers

Geomancers use the earth and it's surroundings for attacks.

Gau is a new version of the Beastmaster class.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Consistently Average Geomancers Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The outcome of Terrain depends on you current location and probably a few other things too and according to The FF wiki there's a 40% chance of it using Shadow Flare in Southwest Saronia and Eureka, and a 2% chance in a bunch of other places.

I've never used the Geomancer for the same reason that I havent used the Archer and Bard jobs. They're a bit too niche to be useful when compaired to a Black mage or something similar.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Can't terrain stuff be learned, like lore, and used whenever you want to?

Lore is BlueMagic. To learn BluMagic the Monster must use that ability on you. (Except for FFVIII, FFIX and FFX)

So no.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

I have never even once through my 3 game plays of FFIII, switched any of my characters jobs to a geomancer. Not because I don't think they aren't useful (You actually need them in FFV in EXDeath's castle), but I leaned more to the fundamental classes (Thief, Warrior, White mage, Black mage, Monk) throughout most of the game until the I get the Water and Earth crystal jobs.

When I get a DS and replay it toward a completion file (All jobs mastered, unlock Onion Knight job, Beat Iron Giant without the 4 Onion Knight or devout/ninja teams), I will end using the geomancer.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

Geo is a very good class from the moment you get it till you get the last jobs cause of its high damage from the backrow mp free as well

Blog Entries
    I used a dedicated Geomancer in the DS port. Kicked butt in Eureka; seems to use Shadow Flare more often than not, and not having to worry about MP is nice.

Cool, but it kind of sucks how you can't use it in other places because of the low percentage. Wish there were items or skills that made that 40% last wherever he went.

Consistently Average Geomancers Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah that's what really makes me choose other magical based Jobs over them. With the right support, you can't really beat the Scholar as a mid-game spell caster. I might give the Geomancer a try once I've beaten the game or maxed out my current Jobs.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Geomancers rock at the mid-point of the game. I used one up to Eureka and I was dealing 42k damage whenever Shadow Flare strikes...

But I have to admit, they do get annoying in boss fights when they cast Whirlpool or Blackhole...

But now, i switched my Geomancer for a Dark Knight... I'm having fun with it since i'm dealing 9999 damage with just normal attacks...

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

Geomancers own in FFIII. Having one feels like having a black mage with unlimited magic. Most of the time their spells are very effective. Ice storm does heavy damage to all enemies and it can occur quite often. Ice pillar, wind slash have satisfying results on single enemies as well. Shadow Flare is pure awesomeness when it pops up. Nothing at all like blue mages or Gau in FFVI. I'm even starting to think they're abit OP.