Thread: Final Fantasy II hates me

TFFF Ghost Final Fantasy II hates me Howling Wind's Avatar

Angry Final Fantasy II hates me

I have no idea how far I am in the game. Its the Origins version for PS1 and I'm on the dreadnaught ship thingy (lol starwars) and BY GOD GETTING THESE SKILL LEVELS IS SO BLARG.

I actually rather like a lot about the game. The game world is interesting but without the traditional level system its hard to tell where you're at. GOD DAMNIT the only way to figure it out is to see what monsters can kick your butt! Am I doing something wrong for fudge sake?!

The last time I got this pissed off at a game was the horrindious load times in Uncharted 3 on the rooftops as young Nathan Drake.

Put another arrow in my knee... I can... I can take the pain ;-;
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy II hates me SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have at least played and beat the game one time but I can give you some pointers on how to progress your characters. You probably already know that whatever you do in battle determines the stats that go up in FFII. The best way to strengthen your characters is to (literally) have your characters attack themselves. Make sure you're fighting in an area with weaker monsters, make sure there is only one monster on the field, if there is more, kill the monsters until there is only 1 left, and attack your characters until your hp gets low and then kill off the monster and you'll gain stats quickly. Don't let your party's hp get low enough that the monster will finish them off. Repeat the process and you'll see your strength, defense, stamina, etc. raise rapidly.
    Currently Playing:

Dreadnaught? Like 15% into the game.

After Dreadnought you go back to Altair.

i never beat that game cause of the leveling.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

TFFF Ghost Final Fantasy II hates me Howling Wind's Avatar
    FUDGE! 15%? FF 1 was... so simple and fun ;-; Okay fine, stab myself = check
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.

What you have to also do is get Osmose (steal MP). Now that spell is a bitch to get for 2 or more chars but you can get it by killing a certain enemy at a castle where you get jailed or something like that, I don't remember. Check the bestiary to find out which monster drops it. I know for certain it was at a castle and before the tornado thing. Then it's much easier to use magic and the game becomes way more fun. I had 3 chars with Osmose and I was a happy camper.

Registered User Final Fantasy II hates me
    When I reached the Dreadneaught I realized I had forgotten to get what I needed fromm the prior Dungeon, not unlike Zelda II where you get beat a Dungeon and then leave forgetting to do what you came there fore. Or at least that's the only reason I can think of for why I can't do what I"m supposed to do in the engine room.

FUDGE! 15%? FF 1 was...

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic Final Fantasy II hates me Master Garland's Avatar
    Sorry you were having so much issues even though I'm 2 years late! Wow these boards are ghostly these days.