Thread: Final Fantasy I Solo Fighter Let's Play!!!

xmitten

Final Fantasy I Solo Fighter Let's Play!!!

i have started a new Let's Play on my youtube channel.

I have chosen to do final fantasy for the NES in a solo run its been pretty hard so far, well pretty hard is a understatement, put it this way its taken me 8 attempts to get through the marsh cave just because i was getting stunned alllllllllllllll the time, but other then that its been pretty fun :3

hope you guys come and check it out would mean alot heres a link to the first video : YouTube - Let's play - Final Fantasy - (Fighter SOLO-run) ep1 'Not AGAIN!'

TFF's Resident Messenger Final Fantasy I Solo Fighter Let's Play!!! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Final Fantasy I Solo Fighter Let's Play!!!

I just wateched Episode 1. I thought your commentary was quite funny. I have never even thought to do a solo-run on any FF. It does seem extremely difficult. I will edit this when I finish watching episode two.

Episode 2: I told myself when watching this part, I think he is going to get into a battle right before Pravoka, and sure enough you did. It sucks that you had to do all of that work over. I will update when I finish Episode three.

Episode 3: I feel your pain. Even I wanted to throw something at the screen. It was so frustrating! I have always hated Marsh Cave myself, I don't see the point of it. Anyway, with the whole 5 paces and a battle thing, I have read that if you were to go to the Menu, or use the Action Button, it brings the count back to zero. I haven't tried it myself, but I know it works for Phantasy Star II. It was used as an anonoying way to avoid battles. Take a step, use the Action Button, take a step, use the Action Button. I hope it works out. I hope you leave Marsh Cave in Episode four.

Episodes 4 and 5: These episodes were odd. Mainly because you didn't actually give the crown to Astos. Ep.4 ended while you were still in Marsh Cave, and Ep.5 started way after. You skipped a lot. Still very funny. Your shock at how much good weaponry costs even though you played before is hilarious. And general battle banter is crazy funny as well. I am digging all of it.
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 04-09-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Updating Post

xmitten

Episodes 4 and 5: These episodes were odd. Mainly because you didn't actually give the crown to Astos. Ep.4 ended while you were still in Marsh Cave, and Ep.5 started way after. You skipped a lot. Still very funny. Your shock at how much good weaponry costs even though you played before is hilarious. And general battle banter is crazy funny as well. I am digging all of it.

Dude thanks for the heads up i forgot to upload the last two eps i'll do that now hehe thanks again would have sucked if i missed the fight with astos

TFF's Resident Messenger Final Fantasy I Solo Fighter Let's Play!!! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just watched your updated episodes. Your witty banter is hilarious, especially how being stunned is fun. I have only played the GBA version, so I am wondering what is Astos' Erase spell? I don't think he uses a spell like that in the GBA version.

What will happen after you beat the game? Do you plan to move on to FFII?

Can't wait to see the next episode! Well, actually, I can.

xmitten

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    What will happen after you beat the game? Do you plan to move on to FFII?
    well yeah thats the plan I'm gunna make the FF my main LP's and have a side LP going along side it, FFII is easy compaired to FFI

Registered User Final Fantasy I Solo Fighter Let's Play!!! HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice video mate!

I'm impressed. I just now watched the first video but when I'm not in class I'll watch the rest.

Loved the commentary though, funny stuff.

As I recall though, there are cirtain monsters that were resistant to pysical attacks, I look forward to seeing your brave Ser mitch face them.

Final Fantasy Noob! Final Fantasy I Solo Fighter Let's Play!!! ZenMonkey59's Avatar

Oh god...pain.

Respect dude...I could never even attempt this.
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

oni freemason Final Fantasy I Solo Fighter Let's Play!!! Tamahome's Avatar

Rotflmao if u think that's hell try it wit a theif or white mage like me lmao gud stuff tho

I've watched the first 3 episodes. These are hilarious.

I love the "Yeah" when you crush a gang of wolves or something.

I can't imagine your frustation trying to get the crown in Episode 3.

How far into the game have your episodes gone now?

Passing fair judgement Final Fantasy I Solo Fighter Let's Play!!! Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Dude you are either a madman or a genius. I would never try this, way to hard for my tastes, and it would take to long.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by xmitten View Post
    i have started a new Let's Play on my youtube channel.

I have chosen to do final fantasy for the NES in a solo run its been pretty hard so far, well pretty hard is a understatement, put it this way its taken me 8 attempts to get through the marsh cave just because i was getting stunned alllllllllllllll the time, but other then that its been pretty fun :3

hope you guys come and check it out would mean alot heres a link to the first video : YouTube - Let's play - Final Fantasy - (Fighter SOLO-run) ep1 'Not AGAIN!'
    nice video sadly I don't have a youtube acount so I can't give you a good rating. but your videos are still the best lets play series i've ever seen.!

Blog Entries

Sad to say this, but xmitten has closed his Youtube account, and the genius that is xmitten's great LPs can no longer be seen. I have always watched his videos, and was sad to see that his channel is no more.

On that note, I suggest that this thread be Closed.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Honestly don't think this should be closed.

Solo runs are pretty ez, you just have to grind a lot.

Thief is way harder.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

That's is not why I suggested the thread be closed. I suggested it because the link leads to a "This video is no longer available because the uploader has closed their YouTube account." screen.

I agree that completing the game is easy using only one character, but the fact of the matter is the Youtube channel is no longer there. The point of this thread was to discuss the video(s). How can members discuss said videos when there are no longer any videos from xmitten to discuss.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

TFF Adoption Agency

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Well it was 2 months old before you posted, there was no need to say close. You just necroposted, now it should be closed.

No actually solo play is not easy, it's hard. But the challenge is ez, you just put a lot of time into grinding.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

I may have necroposted, but only by four days. I saw that is was still open for replies, so I figured I would update readers on the link. EXCUSE ME for trying to do a public service!

TFF Adoption Agency