Thread: FFIII on Android, much different from NES version?

FFIII on Android, much different from NES version?

I got it for my Samsung Note 2 and was pretty impressed by the graphics and 3d mode, even though the artstyle was abit cartoonish. What are the significant differences (if there are any) in game design, balance, difficulty, etc? Any extra levels or bosses?

Consistently Average FFIII on Android, much different from NES version? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm assuming it's the same version as the DS remake? If so then there's quite a few changes. In terms of extra levels there's a secret dungeon and the end named ?????? and the Onion Knight and Ultimate Weapons sidequests. All require you to have sent a certain amount of Letter over Mognet, although I don't know how it's implemented on the Android version. All the bosses now attack at least twice in one turn and have newer attacks and attack patterns. That hasn't covered every change to the game but It answers your two questions at the end
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Sounds cool. Is the job system the same or more enhanced?

Consistently Average FFIII on Android, much different from NES version? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Umm there's not too much difference in terms of the job system itself but some of the Jobs have a couple of their abilities improved or dropped completely. The Dark Knight (or Mystic Knight it think it was called) can no longer use level 1 white magic, for example. Also the Ninja and Sage Jobs have had their power cut considerably to make them more equal to the other jobs. They still have their merits, but they're no longer the only two jobs you'll have at the end of the game.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

That's good news. Those 2 jobs were too OP in the end.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FFIII on Android, much different from NES version? Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    I'm assuming it's the same version as the DS remake? If so then there's quite a few changes. In terms of extra levels there's a secret dungeon and the end named ?????? and the Onion Knight and Ultimate Weapons sidequests. All require you to have sent a certain amount of Letter over Mognet, although I don't know how it's implemented on the Android version. All the bosses now attack at least twice in one turn and have newer attacks and attack patterns. That hasn't covered every change to the game but It answers your two questions at the end
    The Mognet sidequest is pretty much the same on Android, the only difference is you receive letters automatically as you progress further down the game. You also have to meet certain requirements to receive last two letters (last one from the Four Old Men and King Alus), from my own personal experience I can say for sure you have to have over 90% of bestiary filled, over 90% of treasure chests opened (those with monsters inside in particular), and at least one job mastered.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    The Mognet sidequest is pretty much the same on Android, the only difference is you receive letters automatically as you progress further down the game. You also have to meet certain requirements to receive last two letters (last one from the Four Old Men and King Alus), from my own personal experience I can say for sure you have to have over 90% of bestiary filled, over 90% of treasure chests opened (those with monsters inside in particular), and at least one job mastered.
    And yet that seems a lot more acheivable to me than sending the letters over wi-fi, I've always had trouble getting my DS connected to the internet.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Is there a way to always complete the Mog.net quest, even if you missed a town or quest?

Also, has anyone gotten really upset over the new graphics style to the point of ditching the game? I haven't. Can't say it's super awesome and better than 2D, but I still enjoy it. Kind of want all other FF's to be in 3d mode (as an option) as well. Would totally buy them again if they came out in such style.

Blog Entries
    The Mog Quest is completely optional, and as there is a Moogle (Mog, whatever) in almost every town, it shouldn't be too hard to complete. All you're really doing is sending a certain amount of letters to certain characters that you will meet through out the story. I haven't played the Android remake but what Xanatos said should cover pretty much all you need to know. it's not a very difficult sidequest, just time consuming due to the one letter an hour limit. Although that could be completely different on the Android version.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Chocobo Queen FFIII on Android, much different from NES version? Katpuss's Avatar
    The Android/iOS version of Final Fantasy III is the same version that was released on the DS in 2006. The job system is the same but the graphics and colours are much better and brighter xx
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

Yeah, FF3 graphics are awesome. I hope they do other FF's especially 5,6,7,8 and 9. That would be my wet dream come true. Android is a great system and what would a real FF fan want more? SquareEnix should definitely do this for Vita as well.