Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FFII Help Thread

FFII Help Thread Masamune master's Avatar

FFII Help Thread

I didnt see one of these anywhere either, so I guess i'll just go ahead and make one! I know that FFII can be challenging at some points, so I hope that this help thread really helps you guys out!
    ~"In my veins courses the blood of the ancients... I am one of the rightful heirs to this planet!"

98% of teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

It can really help

Some people might have trouble on the last boss especially and so people who have beaten it can tell their strategy.

A strategy is using a level 12 to 13 fire ice or thunder a lot and have one person assigned to healing and one to attack physically and lastly one to do offensive magic the other can do backup. That is always my strategy in FF games.

yup definately the best way ive seen so far considering your characters dont have actual lvls i kinda like the whole lvl up swords magic ect thing its a nice change from the lvl 123456789 ect

this isn't about the boss but this a help thread so i'm playing psp so how do safe hilda i can't even get where the orb is on the map how do i get there without geting paralized and then killed (i try run but they still kill me) and also where do i get leon

I feel epic... FFII Help Thread Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    this isn't about the boss but this a help thread so i'm playing psp so how do safe hilda i can't even get where the orb is on the map how do i get there without geting paralized and then killed (i try run but they still kill me) and also where do i get leon
    I can't answer your first question, or the second one, if that's a question. You won't get Leon until the final stages of the game. After you obtain the Ultima Tome, you have to take the Airship to Castle Palamecia. Travel through there and Ricard will leave and Leon will join, he's your last fourth party member.

i made up to the death of ricard but where is the jade sea

The sea nearby the Jade Passage...

If you know where that is...
    I am a MAN!!! Why do people think I'm a Female???
    Spoiler:
    Your mom highlights this spoiler box!

In your blindspot, waiting with a book, ready to papercut you.
    Get on your ship and head over to Mysidian area. On that continent go to the northeast corner. If you're looking at the map, there's like a small gap dividing the western continent and the eastern. The gap is like a small gap of water, it's S shaped. The Jade Passage is on the land that borders it, on the Mysidian side.
    'This generation
    With fire in our eyes
    Strong are the ties that bind us
    We don't need no alibis

New Expectations
    Moments in the sun
    We've waited all our lives
    And now we know our time has come'

Near Mysidia, fly your airship east of there, you'll see a big hole that wasn't there before, or check your map for a small black dot on near the Jade Sea, THAT's the Jade Passage.

Tidus29

Game Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by chocoboboy View Post
    Some people might have trouble on the last boss especially and so people who have beaten it can tell their strategy.
    My Strategy is to equip Leon with the Excalibur and Blood Sword and you should do about 2500 a turn. Have the 1st person in your party equip Masa-Mune, and your practically done!

Now I'm at the place to fight Tiamat. I'm stuck in this big blue room and can't find another warp panel. Every time I go left I end up in the place that I started. Same thing happens if I go up, down, and right. Please help me.rock on FF Lovrs

Piratao

Final fantasy II (Origins on PS1) Stuck in the game, glitch of some sort...?

Hey, I had been playing FF2 a long time ago and let it go, now I picked it up again and after figuring out where i was and what i needed to do, i realize i'm stuck. I think there is some kind of glitch.

I picked up my save in front of Castle Fynn, there is a cyclone near it and I have the ultima scroll. When i talk to Hilda or ?? (the guy in the kings chair) they tell me about Mindu in Myssidia. No word about a damn cyclone. Laila just tells me about a storm and ship crash, nothing about a cyclone. I went to the mirror room, i don't seem to have a pendant... Although i think i'v used it to call the wind drake when i played it a long time ago before stopping...

So i've gone back to Myssidia, there is no Mindu, nor orbs. I have gone to Deist castle and cave.... The kid and lady tell me the drake is dying in the room behind but there is nothing in the room.

In the cave there is no pendant on the body of the dragoon. (i remember clearing that though)

When i ask Hilda about a wind drake she tells me it's not hatched yet...]

Again, I'm at Fynn, I have Ultima, the cyclone is there... and I can't do **bleep**...!

If somebody would put the word cylclone in red for me to memorize ....

Ohh and when i walk to the cyclone, nothing happens...

I've been playing with game shark cheats cause i just wanted to get thru the story quick.

Thanks for any help regarding this weird problem.

Believe or not...On earth. Yea I know someone like me is too awesome to live on earth but what can I do?!!!
    OK I'm playin FFII on the PSP so, what's is the best way to equip my party *The best equipment for every character*?
    And how can I see the map?!!..

Sig(s) made by me

DS Sigs

What is life:
    Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos! what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Why life is unfair!!!:
    When man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment...When a woman talks dirty to a man it's 3.95$ per a minute!!!

My Mafia family:
    Mona Lisa Overdrive - Self Appointed god
    LoVeLeSs - Freaky Goddaughter
    brnthsdiscout - FF Lovin' sister
    DiaryofJane-Music Loving God Mother
    Unknown Entity - My sister and my right hand in the family
    Silver - Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Squall View Post
    OK I'm playin FFII on the PSP so, what's is the best way to equip my party *The best equipment for every character*?
    And how can I see the map?!!..
    For the first question, I don't really know.
    For your second question (if you haven't found out already), the ring you get from the wounded soldier in a pub in Fynn is a map.

Now, I need some help. I'm also playing Final Fantasy II for PSP and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if having shields are useless, cuz they don't add any defense and just lessen my attack power.

Beautiful artwork I found online.

Come visit me at my YouTube Homepage: zSoraz's YouTube

Believe or not...On earth. Yea I know someone like me is too awesome to live on earth but what can I do?!!!
    Thanks dude.

Edit:
    For your second question (if you haven't found out already), the ring you get from the wounded soldier in a pub in Fynn is a map.
    Which Soldier? Scott?
    Now, I need some help. I'm also playing Final Fantasy II for PSP and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if having shields are useless, cuz they don't add any defense and just lessen my attack power.
    Actually I removed the shields and instead I put another weapon in the other hand. You can increase your def by getting a great equipments like the mythril helmet or the mythril gloves, even the the armor can be more powerful than the shield
    Last edited by Dark Squall; 09-02-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Sig(s) made by me

DS Sigs

What is life:
    Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos! what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Why life is unfair!!!:
    When man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment...When a woman talks dirty to a man it's 3.95$ per a minute!!!

My Mafia family:
    Mona Lisa Overdrive - Self Appointed god
    LoVeLeSs - Freaky Goddaughter
    brnthsdiscout - FF Lovin' sister
    DiaryofJane-Music Loving God Mother
    Unknown Entity - My sister and my right hand in the family
    Silver - Enforcer

Here's some advice to the noobs... oh, just accept that you are.

Always save before entering a dungeon, and even towns. When you get the word "Cyclone" from Hilda(late game), go to Paul's house immediately and say "Cyclone" to him. He will open his secret room, where you'll find the ultimate weapon, the Blood Sword. Choose a weapon type for Firion, Maria, and Guy and stick with it. Finally, always stock on items to make your journey easier.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Sh*t! I just cast Firaga on myself! FFII Help Thread Neo Nagisa's Avatar
    Could anyone tell me the locations of the Excalibur and the Masamune? Please? Dx
    HIEI

The fastest, shortest, smexxxiest demon you will ever know. >P

#LOCKE4GOD FFII Help Thread Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFII for PSP

Quote Originally Posted by zSoraz View Post
    They are VERY useful, as they increase your chance of evading attacks. And, as I'm sure you know, if you evade lots of attacks, you get permanent increases to evasion. So, when you then take off your shield (say to put on another sword), you will be much better than without that.

Now, my question refers to the PSP version. I do not understand the new dungeons that allow you to get each character's best weapon. I'm up to the stage just after the Dreadnought,
    Spoiler:
    right before Minwu leaves the party,

and I want to get his best weapon to
    Spoiler:
    take with him.

Can someone explain the process? It's got to do with those three caves, and phrases, but I totally don't understand it. I've seen some things on Game FAQs, but I just need a simple explanation first.

Thanks!
    -Alf

Paradigm Shift FFII Help Thread FFTheBest's Avatar
    I need some help, where do I use the SUNFIRE key term once learnt it from Cid?
    "Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

Selkie in training FFII Help Thread Silver Spyro's Avatar
    Hmm.. IGN is a good site, try that.
    Call me Silver.

Blog Entries
    Nah they're all the same. I really just want to talk to someone who has actually done it.

Miguel
    I need help, I started playing yesterday FFII (PSP version) and I'm stuck, like, I went to Bafsk and I entered in the mountain and there was a shiny thing a seal, they ask "do you seek to break this seal?" and i have to pick up a word and I go to the place of that word like "Dreadnought, Airship, Mythril, Wild Rose" and now i dont know how to go back to town someone please help me :s

nickrudge999

Re: FFII Help Thread

hey im new here and this is funny but im stuck in the beginning of the game idont understand what to do, maybe someone can help me

Consistently Average FFII Help Thread Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is more out of curiosity but is there some kind of level cap on weapons and spells? There are times when they'll stop progressing mid level and I was just wondering if you had to fight a certain number of battles or use that action a certain amount of times before they gain 'exp' again. Maybe my stats are too high for my location, I don't know.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

i want to play final fantasy game.. can any one provide me this game link full iso...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by colaverid View Post
    i want to play final fantasy game.. can any one provide me this game link full iso...
    That's illegal!

Certified tech, come at me! FFII Help Thread SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a quick question about stat raising. How often do your stats go up when you perform different actions in battle according to the stats you are trying to raise?
    Currently Playing:

Consistently Average FFII Help Thread Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It can be quite random which is a bit of a pain. Like you could spend the entire battle attacking your own party and then at the end of it, Firion and Maria's Hp, stamina and evasion might go up, but only Guys stamina will go up.

I'm sorry I'm not very specific it's just that this part isn't covered that much, despite pretty much being the difining trait of the game.

Basically the more actions you take in a battle, the more chances you have of getting multiple stat boosts at the end of it. Hp and maybe stamina are easily the quickest stats to level up though.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Registered User FFII Help Thread
    Frickin' Guy! I don't even have to do anything to him, and he just racks up the hit points. He's currently over 1100, while poor Maria has just about nearly 600. :/ Just got Leila in my crew, so I gotta boost HER up now. Why can't a fourth party member just stay put?

I don't have any answers, I just wanted to rant a bit.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast