Thread: FF2 help plz

ziggman

FF2 help plz

Alright so i got ahold of an NES version of Final Fantasy II, one of my characters has died, i figured out to revive them but now it seems they are in somekind of defensive mode... how do i remedy this?!
    Thanks for help!

Registered User FF2 help plz HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: FF2 help plz

Hmm, care to explain the defencive mode thing a bit more?

They might have just been moved to the back row, if that's what you're talking about, you can just go to your menu and click on the character twice using the order button.

(Hope that helps...)

ziggman

Perhaps i didnt make myself clear enough, Yes the character is standing back,

THIS IS a Famicon version...

i dont see any order menu, i cannot find any stance tactic thing... this only happen cause a member has died. Ranged attacks seem to work finewhen standing far back like that however melee attacks are ineffective.

I want to play a game. FF2 help plz Zargabaath's Avatar

So you know Japanese then? Anyways from your first and second post it does seem like your character is in the back row. There may not be an "order" option in the main menu, but you may be able to press left on the d-pad to get the character portraits. Pressing confirm may bring up the option to switch from the front or back row.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

ziggman

I do not know Japanese, i got ahold of an American version for my NES... somehow... Ebay is great! haha.

the game is not as refined as FFI but its just as fun.

there are 4 options durring combat
    Fight
    Magic
    Run
    Item

i cant click on any members of the party with out first selecting an option.

there are 5 options while not in combat
    Item
    Magic
    equip
    Stat
    Save

None of which seem to help help resolve my problem.

Im at a loss...

Final Fantasy Noob! FF2 help plz ZenMonkey59's Avatar

I always thought that Final Fantasy II didn't have an American version for NES...
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

ziggman

it was never released in the US.

Squaresoft was working on it, and had a beta version. However the complexities of translating japanese into english took too long, by the time beta was complete for the US market the SNES was on its way. They scrapped FFII for NES and started working and promoting tward the release of FFII (AKA FFIV) for SNES.

I apparently got ahold of this beta version. the translations are crude and sometimes dont make literal sense, but i understand it. this is also the reason for some confusing gaming features... such as the problem im currently having with the defensive mode thing (where a character is standing further back than the others)

I want to play a game. FF2 help plz Zargabaath's Avatar

I would then suggest just getting Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls for the GBA or Final Fantasy II for the PSP as any problems you're having or will have with that version will not be present in either of those games. If you really want to play FFII.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

ziggman

haha well im not about to go buy a GBA or PSP so i can play a twenty year old game that i already have for another system.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggman View Post
    haha well im not about to go buy a GBA or PSP so i can play a twenty year old game that i already have for another system.
    Well...you have a beta copy. And it doesn't seem to be functioning properly...which makes sense since you are playing an unfinished game. If you have a PS1/PS2 you can get FF Origins, you can get the game on your iPhone/iPod touch, or you can get an emulator somewhere (criminal!).

Quote Originally Posted by ziggman View Post
    Perhaps i didnt make myself clear enough, Yes the character is standing back,

THIS IS a Famicon version...

i dont see any order menu, i cannot find any stance tactic thing... this only happen cause a member has died. Ranged attacks seem to work finewhen standing far back like that however melee attacks are ineffective.
    Also, this just sounds like your character got moved to the back row. You can go into the menu and pick "formation" (I don't know if that's what it is called in that version), click a character and toggle them back and forth from front row to back.