• Yes I loved it!

24 82.76%
  • Nah, not my type of game

5 17.24%

Thread: FF III like or dislike

Certified tech, come at me! FF III like or dislike SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FF III like or dislike

Started a playthrough of this game recently and i'm already hooked on the storyline. My question to you guys is do you like the game? and what makes it so appealing to you?

If you don't like it, what draws you away from this game?

I like this game because it is a nice twist for an opening and it introduces us to different job classes. I also like how it gives a better battle system compared to the first 2 games. The other thing that draws me to the game is the beautiful soundtrack it has and the catchy songs along with it like the world map theme, the battle theme, the boss theme, and the cave music.
    Currently Playing:

Re: FF III like or dislike

Which version?

Because, NES Version > DS Version
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Certified tech, come at me! FF III like or dislike SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Which version?

Because, NES Version > DS Version
    any version actually, I was just referring to FF III itself so it doesn't matter. I was just wondering if people liked the game in general or not.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

I liked it. The game was kind of a grind compared to most of the other FFs but it was still fun. The first few hours were kinda boring tbh because of the forced class changes that you had to do to get through certain areas, but after getting off of the floating continent the game picked up in pace and became more fun to play through.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FF III like or dislike Xanatos's Avatar

Final Fantasy III is a great game, it's true that is more focused on grinding as Rocky already mentioned but it's not a big deal if you play a NES version, as you probably use an emulator (fast foward FTW). I like it for it's job system, the story ain't that bad either, you can't expect any better on a system like NES.

As for DS version, when it comes to characters and story it's superior to it's predecessor as it's improved greatly in that department, but the entire game seamed to be going in rather slow pace when I was playing it on DS which is something I don't really like.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Death Before Dishonor FF III like or dislike Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was a good game overall. I was not a big a fan of it as I was FF I, and FF II, but it was still a pretty decent game.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I've just started playing this on the DS and I like it so far. It's not the best, but it isn't bad either.
    I think the thing that drew me towards this game is the job system, I love those

I am still playing this and it is by far the more superior job system in my book. I haven't enjoyed a classic FF game like this since IV. VI is greater but V just didn't appeal as much as III is to me.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User FF III like or dislike Zidane77's Avatar

I started on the NES version too late 5 years ago and didn't go longer than 3-4 hours but i played the DS version over 20 hours and im stuck near the castle where you get the ultimate weapons and i simply don't know where to go, nor want to find out especially
    Never been a fan of II-III but they're not all bad.

Think the NES version is a lot better though, it's just too far in graphics, i just can't play that anymore..

The Mad God FF III like or dislike Heartless Angel's Avatar

Though the storyline on the earlier ones may not be as deep as some of the later entries, 3 had some of the best gameplay of the series. The class system was great, the equipment variety was great, everything about the game play was near perfect.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Registered User FF III like or dislike

l liked it well enough until I got to the World of Darkness...and even then I can't say that I really hated it. I just don't care for games that put you in a "point of no return" and then you gotta run a gauntlet of fighting monsters. If you make good progress, but then fail later, you have to do all that work all over again... That happened to me quite a few times. Frustrating.

But the job system was indeed pretty fun, and I liked seeing the little outfits that the characters wore when you changed up their assigned job. :3
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I started playing this game on a site (NES version) to see how it was, and then later I downloaded the DS version, and for some reason I'm not fond of the DS version. It felt strangely "kiddy" I think I'm gonna stick to the NES.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 FF III like or dislike Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

I Played It...Storyline Is Good, But Everything Else Kinda Sucks...The Only Thing
    Really Good About It Is That It Was The Building Block For The FF Games Of The Future, Which Made This Series Of Gaming A Really Good One.

In My Opinion, Awesome Graphics + Great Storyline + Great Action Sequences And Cutscenes = BEST GAME EVER!!!

This Only Has 1 Or 2 Out Of The 4 In The Equation...Which To Me Equals Bad Game...XD

Only My Opinion, If You Love It, Then Good For You, Just Don't Hate On Me Cause Of My Opinion On The Game, Its Just Not What I Like To See.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

I want to play a game. FF III like or dislike Zargabaath's Avatar

I likeD iT a loT. iT iS mY favoritE fF titlE oF thE neS erA. thE joB systeM wasn'T aS deeP aS finaL fantasY v'S buT iT stilL offereD greaT varietY. alsO, i'M basinG mY judgmenT oN ffiiI viA thE dS versioN. therE waS enougH lorE iN thE gamE thaT madE thE worlD verY interestinG anD havE thaT fantasY feeL. A featurE oF thiS gamE thaT I likeD waS hoW throughouT thE storY, certaiN jobS werE needeD to continuE forwarD sucH aS: a joB witH thE "minI" spelL, scholaR, etc; witH thaT iT felT aS eacH joB haD itS owN purposE.

thE themE foR thE crystaL toweR iS mY favoritE sonG froM thE gamE; musiC waS welL donE agaiN bY uematsU. storY anD characterS werE prettY simplE thougH I likeD hoW eacH characteR froM thE maiN partY, relateD tO onE oF thE important npc'S (inguS x sarA, descH x refiA etC, etC.).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima View Post

In My Opinion, Great Storyline + Great Action Sequences + Great Cutscenes + Awesome Graphics = BEST GAME EVER!!!

Fixed it for ya. Putting graphics first...

Psst. What about gameplay and the mechanics of said gameplay? Those are pretty important too. You could have all four of those aspects that you listed in a game with all of them being outstanding, but if gameplay is horrible then it probably wouldn't be a fun game to play; to watch? Yes, but that is what movies are for.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 09-21-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FF III like or dislike Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima View Post
    I Played It...Storyline Is Good, But Everything Else Kinda Sucks...The Only Thing
    Really Good About It Is That It Was The Building Block For The FF Games Of The Future, Which Made This Series Of Gaming A Really Good One.

In My Opinion, Awesome Graphics + Great Storyline + Great Action Sequences And Cutscenes = BEST GAME EVER!!!

This Only Has 1 Or 2 Out Of The 4 In The Equation...Which To Me Equals Bad Game...XD

Only My Opinion, If You Love It, Then Good For You, Just Don't Hate On Me Cause Of My Opinion On The Game, Its Just Not What I Like To See.
    Funny thing is that Final Fantasy III has majority of things you mentioned, graphics were top notch at that time, a good story which is something you wouldn't expect from games on a system like NES, and most importantly gameplay which is great and still is. The job system is fantastic, used in many games through Final Fantasy franchise. Though the game lacks many things only if you compare it to today standards which in fact you did.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User FF III like or dislike Selcopa's Avatar

I liked it, it set the ground work for FFV and FFXI, both which i loved alot.

And any game with a specific dragoon class is a good game

I actually liked the job system more in V then in III. V just gave more options and abilities that III had only begun to explore. Music was amazing and the story was amazing as well. The floating continent was also a very neat twist. And the number one reason I like it? Moogles!

Crash Boom Bang FF III like or dislike Lily's Avatar

I'm glad I played III before I played V, V made me really hate the job system, yet with III I really enjoyed it. I was looking forward to V before I played it...

Anyway. I played the DS version of III. Loved it. The characters were lovely, enjoyed levelling the jobs and quite enjoyed the story too. Disliked climbing allll the way to the top of that ****ing tower only to die on the final boss. Twice. Rage etc. But yeah, fun little game. Really ought to have another run through of it

It's also an excuse to get the stylus out. Even if it is just to stick it in me gob when I play

Dragoon

Personally, i think it is the best ds game that ever existed because of the great gameplay, soundtrack and job system.

BUT the lack of save spots is very annoying especially when in a very big dungeon where you arrive to fight the boss and get wiped out and have to do the whole thing again

Admittedly, it's been a while since i've played and i have yet to actually complete the whole story. But from what i've experienced so far, i have to say that III is a terrific game. The DS version is good too as the characters are all given their own identities which is a nice touch i think.

And the world just looks amazing xD

That guy. FF III like or dislike Hot Shot's Avatar

I just couldn't get into it properly. I didn't like the story, I didn't like the music and I didn't like the job system (which was, thankfully,the precursor to V's awesome job system) IMO II is much better overall.

I bought FFIII for the DS and it was something to play, but I didn't like it that much. It was too simple for my taste. Little to no story. Character development was basically non-existent. A little TOO difficult. I did like the job system, though. More than likely, I won't go back to that game for a long time, if ever.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

I loved it. Had a good job system, gameplay, decent story, well balanced. Never touched it or want to touch it on DS, but am dreaming of playing it on PSP or PSP2, but only if it's in 2D.

KFear

Only played the DS version and completed it, I thought it was horrible, the thing is the random battles, they take so long because of the cut-scene thing afterwards when you win takes so long.

Also the whole game is easy then when I got to the last stage (crystal tower) I had to level up another 15 levels to defeat the boss. I'm hoping ffIV on ds isnt the same.

Consistently Average FF III like or dislike Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really enjoyed playing III but it takes a bit of getting use to after playing newer, more user-friendly games. The thing that kinda bugs me though is that i'll probably never use all of the jobs. Things like Bard and Archer all seem like a good idea but things like black and white mage are far more useful. Maybe if they added an extra character, it would certainly allow for more variety.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

KFear

Yeah III on DS is so slow paced, Kurt Zisa you;re playing IV on DS is it slow paced too? mainly with the random encounters I mean?

squall69 FF III like or dislike squall69's Avatar

i liked it ..... its final fantasy so its good l

KFear

yeahh me too, but it's a remake, and the remakes are all good but they're alot slower in terms of random battles ect. I prefer the GBA final fantasys

FF III like or dislike Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To me this game was (for the ones that played it on NES) and still is a beautiful, serene game. You cant really pummel on the DS version because its a remake of the original. Square Enix does this for every FF you guys know this.

The story seemed pretty decent in my book. Adventure from the beginning (though it may be a slow one depending on how well you grind in which the encounter rate is fine with me. Come and buff me up enough to plow through you), Heartbreak and Hope midway to the end. Good motivation for me to grind my job levels & characters so I can look at the final boss with a troll face.

Gameplay is freaking awesome. I dont know what you guys are complaining about fighting so many times. I rarely ran from fights on this game just because I knew that missing out on exp and the chance to boost my job levels now was just going to make my grind (when the new enemies you fight power level is higher than yours) that much harder hence wasting more time grinding than you should. Some of the jobs benefit others better. Color Casters on your team earlier on might do more damage but melee classes prove to be more efficient later on(*cough* keep a thief on your team once you get your 1st crystal classes, you'll thank me later when you fight Odin *clears throat*).

The music in this game is just bliss. My favorite theme is Submarine Nautilus. Whenever I go underwater its hard for me to resurface just because its like Siren humming a hymm in your soul. Music is very crucial for me in a rpg and in my opinion, FF III nailed it. Dungeon, battle, boss, airship, and almost anything music I could name. Very Touching themes

I could replay this game as soon as I beat it because of its diffuculty. Its not a game you can pick up and beat in so many days with little gameplay (why you would buy a game that you could beat it that way, to me your wasting your money and should be ashamed of your gamer skills but thats just me). FF III MAKES you grind. Thats one of the reasons that makes this game unforgiving. Try to speed through the game and be under level 30 when you get to the Temple Of Time you'll see what I mean.

So overall I love FF III. It's diffuculty, grinding, gameplay, replayability, every single bit of its memory. OH If you get frustrated trying to find those fangs of the elements, use youtube or the internet, dont try to sly your way past those statues.... it's suicide .
    Last edited by Secret Weapon; 02-03-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)