Thread: Genesis RP OOC

Memento Rhapso Genesis RP OOC Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Genesis RP OOC

For the disputing of details and whatnot to leave the RP unclogged.
    Fire away when a problem or dislike arises
    First issue I'll bring up, battle mechanics. Do we want to do stuff like "He used Fire materia, leaving the enemy in a blaze" or
    Genesis used Fire!
    *13 Fire Damage to enemy!
    *Enemy has 23HP remaining
    Or both?
    Last edited by Rhaps; 07-21-2010 at 12:04 PM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Angelicos Genesis RP OOC Alther Primus's Avatar
    Atop the Nexus of Creaton, awaiting my vengeance

Re: Genesis RP OOC

Honestly, I'm more used to #2, but #1 sounds like mo0re fun, I fvote #1.

My soul, corrupted by vengeance
    Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
    In my own salvation
    And your eternal slumber

My junk:

"Time is but a fleeting dream. I shall be awaiting in some tomorrow to avenge this day.
    -Alther Primus
    TFF FAMILY!
    Feel free to VM me about joining my TFF Family!

Ethan

Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima

Elyon Seraphim

Dodie16

Ralz

Dark Angel

Xanatos

Meigumi

SilkAngel

Genome's Blade

Fate

Nova

xXCloudXx
    My frat!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE ARTEO WARRA OKHUN LATAAR!!!

Daz 3d! Awesome!

Blog Entries

I'm kinda leaning towards the "both" option. That way we have structure and some fun with describing an attack

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

The Mad God Genesis RP OOC Heartless Angel's Avatar

I've always done both with RPs involving stat systems. Posts usually consit of a standard RP post, detail oriented explaining the post, yadda yadda yadda... then a 'battle report' at the end of the post, breaking down what occured in terms of damage and stat changes. I usually keep these in a different font, just for simplicity's sake.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries

Style decided then! My first move will include a tutorial for the rules, if you have a request you know what to do lol

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Slight problem. We don't have a speed or evasion stat, we have an evasion chance. Tbh, we'd probably be better off dropping the stat system all together, one thing I've noticed in years of forum RP, stat system RPs usually die rather quickly. Hell, we just started and I already feel like I'm working. Just my opinion.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Slight problem. We don't have a speed or evasion stat, we have an evasion chance. Tbh, we'd probably be better off dropping the stat system all together, one thing I've noticed in years of forum RP, stat system RPs usually die rather quickly. Hell, we just started and I already feel like I'm working. Just my opinion.
    Yeah, it was kind of a pain in the ass to do all that calculation and stat fliipping for two battle moves. Alright, we abandon stats, but leave them in their thread to look pretty. Other than that, just try and keep it realistic, no godmoding, take damage sometimes, etc.

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

You could try an anti godmodding system I made for aforum full of bad RPers once. It was born from my own laziness. Rather than actual stats, i used more of a rating system of comparison between characters. Like rather than saying you have a certain str and deal a certain ammount of damage, you'd have a certain relative strength rating. Like a scale of 1-10 basically, someone with a strength rating at 10 would be twice as strong as someone at 5. Though this wuldn't calculate damage or anything like that, it'd serve as a comparison between characters. Simple, requires no calculations, or anything added to posts. PErsonally I find it unnescessary amongst good RPers, but if you really wanted to have stats or something lol.

Blog Entries

I don't care about the stats, but they look flashy and hard worked so we're leaving them there lol we just don't use them
    This rating system. . . maybe it'll come in handy. Let's give it a trial run in the RP?

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

It doesn't really show up in the actual RP outside of character templates, it's mainly for a sake of comparison between characters. Like if we're fighting and clash blade and try to overpower each other, rather than it turning into a manly chest beating contest, we simply check the ratings see who's stronger, and resolve the conflict accordingly.

If you're interested in using this, I usually set it up in the character registration by giving people a certain number of points to distribute between stats, just enough to be decent in everything, or awesome at a few things, not enough to be a master at everything. Like for the sake of example, I'll set up ratings on a scale of 1 - 10, say you have 3 stats, I'll give you 15 points to put into it. Thats enough to go 5 in eveything and be average, or you could go all in on strength or something and suck as at whatever the other two stats were. That's just how I go about it, feel free to improvise the idea, it is your RP afterall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    clash blades
    . . . .Heheh. . .
    And I'm a lazy bastard, so I'll let you deal with that lol Just go to Profiles and start it there or start a new thread. I'll leave you in charge of stats

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Personally I don't even think we need it, if you want it, you can set it up, i'm perfectly content to have no stats at all lol.