Thread: Your favorite action/advanture game or series?

Your favorite action/advanture game or series?

I have had the opportunity to play some pretty good action/advanture games, and from all my favorite series is God of War. The story is most epic of all the games I have played, the monsters aren't very original because it's mythology, but they are very varied and provide for plenty of fun. The boss battles have all been a blast to play, and the moves and weapons you can use are all great.

I also like the Assassin's Creed games alot, Zelda, and Prince of Persia. I don't have alot of experience with DMC games, but I do own a few. Also, one of my all time favorites has to Shadow of the Colossus; it's such a beautiful, charming game.

Re: Your favorite action/advanture game or series?

I have always been a fan of the Devil May Cry series, ever since I played DMC 1. I haven't played DMC2 for obvious reasons. I played God of War and it's cool. I like Onimusha a lot though cause it's cool.

once I played DMC3 though it was ON.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

.............. Your favorite action/advanture game or series? smurphy's Avatar

I still yearn for Capcom to resurrect my personal favourite action series, Onimusha. The first game was a complete revelation when I first played it and the two sequels didnt disappoint.

My favourite series still running would probably be the Metal Gear Solid series. I have no superlatives to describe how good these games are.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Your favorite action/advanture game or series? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Mine would be either Assassin's Creed or Onimusha.

Assassin's Creed is something new (at the time) and has kept on growing and it is definitely the best new series of the last 10 years.

Onimusha is an awesome series. I absolutely LOVED Onimusha 3, and am disappointed that the series hasn't kept going. Hopefully it's something Capcom can look into bringing back soon.

Also, I didn't know there was so much love for Onimusha.

Registered User Your favorite action/advanture game or series?

Devil May Cry 3 kicked my ass so much that I didn't even finish it. It was fun though. Nice action in the fight sequences, and the gameplay was fast and thrilling.

Zelda games are always pretty fun. Fairly formulaic in terms of story and game structure, but still very well done. My favorites are probably Ocarina of Time and Windwaker.

Also, Okami is a really, really good game. Pretty much a Zelda clone gameplay-wise, but with the charming characters, great visuals, and fantastic story, I think it might have a slightly better edge to it.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I want to play a game. Your favorite action/advanture game or series? Zargabaath's Avatar

Bujingai: Tale of the Forsaken City. Brought to my attention by a friend the gameplay is pretty good, but the real magic is against the Overlord boss battles. They can work a person's forearm and are some of the best wuxia battles in a videogame.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Professional Klutz. Your favorite action/advanture game or series? Hyzenthlay's Avatar

I'd have to go with either Assassins creed or Zelda. The former has pleased me with every edition to the series. If I were to go for overall satisfaction it would be the that. I did love AC Brotherhood but felt it adopted too many Prince of Persia mechanics which is a game I hated. Still a great series with tonnes to do though. I just feel the likes of scaring of time and majors mask gave me more pleasure to play. MGS was great but the stories got too much for me. I died inside when I played sons of liberty.

Aside from those I liked N8 (ninty nine knights) but I won't go into that.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

Assasin's Creed, Zelda, Castlevania, DMC, God of War( althought I find the game is better then its story), Fable ( Its got RPG elements but its more like a action rpg), 3d Dot hero, Dead Rising 1&2( Does it count?), Legacy of Kain series, Diablo series to name a few. This is just what isn't turn base their might be a few rpg's snuck in there

I like games with story and addictive elements so sometimes that constitute action. I own the first Uncharted but I wasn't sure if that counted as action or just shooter. I mean its not a FPS but it might as well be for some parts.

Juppiter Adept Your favorite action/advanture game or series? TheNiteAngel's Avatar

I have to give it to the Castlevania series or the God of War series. Both just rovide such good gameplay. I guess it's where I'm rooted though. I love all things mythology and occult-related, so the Greek gods and Dracula really run right up my alley. I love the vast collection of Castlevania games available because of the range of characters they provide, even if the general goal is always the same. With god of war, I can go both ways. I enjoy a good epic in vg form and a good stress reliever in the form of ripping 20 undead legionaries in half
    Own: Origins (I&II), III (DS), Chronicles (IV), Anthology (V&VI), VII, 7-DoC, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, Tactics, TA

Looking to Buy: TA2, and XII-RW

Haven't played: XIII, 7-CC, XIIRW, TA2

Complete: I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, MQ

-I am something of a perfectionist in that I don't consider a run through to the end a complete game. I have to complete everything possible.

Favorite non-FF RPG: Legend of Dragoon (Total Complete 8 times)

Current Goal: Bit of a break from Final Fantasy and into Kingdom Hearts. I've beaten Kh, Re:CoM, and I'm halfway through both KH2 and Days

Action/adventure games were always my favourite growing up, other than platformers, because they're thrilling and I always play my best when I have the chance to dodge and block.

God of War is probably my favourite action/adventure game series because Kratos is just pure beast, I mean he ends up pretty much destroying the world he's so bad-ass! Other than that there's the Devil May Cry series, Primal(don't know if anyone's heard of this one), Legacy of Kain series, Metal Gear Solid, Dynasty&Samurai Warriors, there's many more but they escape my memory unfortunately.