Thread: Your center

Blog Entries

Your center

What is the one game that serves as your absolute center?

By that, I mean the one game that you play and it brings you back to what you feel completely resonates with you. The one game that when everything feels all out of whack, you can play and it brings you to feeling like yourself.

Mine is Chrono Cross. I got it when I turned 14 and right before I went into high school, which was obviously a time of profound change. It was a really new and exciting time of new and crazy changes, meeting new people, some of which would change my life forever, and some who I still would consider my best friends and brothers. It was before the time of things getting complicated and truly before real life. It was also in the last year of my life when my grandpa was alive and before 9/11, which feels like lifetimes ago. When I play Chrono Cross, it just seems to bring me back to that time in my life. Everything just seems pure again.

What game do you use to escape and feel like things used to be?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The 37th Red Spade Your center Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Haha, nice Pete! I completely agree with you about Chrono Cross; it is one of my favorite games! The music alone is amazing!

I don't really have one singular game that really does that for me, but there's a list.

However, if I had to pick just one? Hmm.

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. And if not that one Morrowind. And if not that one Super Mario RPG.

They all remind me of simpler time.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honestly? The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The soundtrack soothes me and I loose myself in the world of Tamriel. I find new things every time I play, even after playing for over a thousand hours. Oblivion was good also, but I connected better with the harsh, wintry climate of the North, war torn lands and dragons. There's still so much more I need to do and discover so much every time.

The Witcher 3 is very close to my heart as well, but not as much. Spent nearly three hundred hours lost in that world. Still need to get on to Blood and Wine.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

The Mad God Your center Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Morrowind. I've played through it so many times, I don't even want to think about how much time I've spent on it.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Your center Magi of Worlds's Avatar
    Great game Pete and sorry to hear about your grandfather. I can remember it like it was yesterday but I would have to choose Final Fantasy VIII. I got it when I was like 12 and would stay up late each night to play it until I finally figured the damn thing out. My sister had just been born not long before then and was still a baby so life really was more simpler back then.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

Registered User Your center Martial Master's Avatar
    I personally find music, especially the band Rush, to be more focusing and centering than video games, but... for what it's worth, when I need a game to just do well on and melt into, it's usually Megaman 2 or 3.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Chrono Cross is just one of those games that I can just pop in and forget about everything else going on. I used to be able to do that with Legend of Dragoon, but some of the translation and grammar is so shoddy that it annoys me a little.

Another game that completely puts me at peace is Skyrim. I can explore and kill shit for hours and wind up feeling perfectly refreshed
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers