Thread: Xbox 360 Power Supply Red Light

Xbox 360 Power Supply Red Light

Has any Xbox 360 owners suffered from the power supply light turning red?

The first time I noticed this happen, I had to send both the Xbox 360 and the power supply to Microsoft. A month later, I got my Xbox 360 back...but not the power supply. When we called Microsoft, they claimed that we "accidentally sent our power supply" even though they specifically told us to. Anyhoo, a week or two later, the power supply came back and the problem continued.

However, I discovered that by plugging in the power supply to different places ports in my home and by taking off my intercooler from my Xbox 360, the light would turn yellow again. From time to time while my Xbox 360 is off, the red light will appear. I just try plugging it in to different places and eventually, it works again. It's kinda weird.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Re: Xbox 360 Power Supply Red Light

Solution: Don't use intercoolers.
    Seriously dude, a quick google search will reveal several horrible stories and MS themselves may invalidate your warranty if they found you did use an intercooler which resulted in damage to the console.

Air conditioning/adequate ventilation works much better.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries

yeah man, what Silver said. Intercoolers actually are worse for the system over all. I think it may be supersition or whatnot, but everytime I keep my box on its side rather than being propped up, it has never had problems for me. Whenever I was in a position of forcing my xbox to be propped up for long periods of time, bad things (like the RRoD for example) began to happen.

As for the power brick, yeah if it's a red color while on standby, that's not a good thing, it needs to be an amber color instead. You probably have the older and larger brick, which tends to overheat more easily. I'd try to get the newer and smaller one. It runs better.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Xbox 360 Power Supply Red Light The Dark Crystal's Avatar

yeah man, what Silver said. Intercoolers actually are worse for the system over all. I think it may be supersition or whatnot, but everytime I keep my box on its side rather than being propped up, it has never had problems for me. Whenever I was in a position of forcing my xbox to be propped up for long periods of time, bad things (like the RRoD for example) began to happen.
    I have also not used the intercooler, and always keep mine laid down flat! I have never had them problems from doing so! Also just in case! (I have had the disk tray not read the game sometimes) If that heppens i usually open the tray, take the game out, and then close it back up. Once it reads the empty tray, and asked you to open it, i stick it back in and that usually works! Good luck man!
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID: