Thread: Worst games ever played?

Worst games ever played?

Not sure if there already is a thread like this recently.

What are the worst games you've ever played? Why? Game play? Story? Characters?

This is just me, but I will say that Dirge of Cerberus was the worst FF I ever played. Game play turned me away.

Another game that turned me down was Resident Evil: Code Veronica or some such. I haven't played the newer Resident Evil games, but I feel the shooting control scheme is a bit awkward.

Finally, I remember trying out Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360. Brutal game, I think. I've played God of War 2 and Chains of Olympus in the highest difficulties, but I feel that NG2 was a whole lot tougher than what the GoW games gave me. I ended up selling the game.

Re: Worst games ever played?

Yeah, God of War isn't designed to be hard. Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden are the hard ones. Just telling me you give up on challenges.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is easy. Play the first one, that one is hard.

But for a worse game? I don't know, Haven't played a game or think of a game that was bad to put in a worse category.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Final Fantasy Tactics. My brother and I rented it a long time ago around the time it originally came out and we just couldn't get into it.

I love Resident Evil Code: Veronica, by the way. It's in my top three favorites of the series, along with REmake and RE4.

Passing fair judgement Worst games ever played? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Worst game ever played, well I've played almost every game at least once so. If I had to choose it would be star wars rogue squadron, shortest and lamest game ever.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

All is One.One is All. Worst games ever played? Firefly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    but I will say that Dirge of Cerberus was the worst FF I ever played. Game play turned me away.
    Heyy! You took my answer :] Anyways,yeah,I wasn't a fan of the gameplay,and I really..couldn't get into the story :l
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Heyy! You took my answer :] Anyways,yeah,I wasn't a fan of the gameplay,and I really..couldn't get into the story :l
    Don't go hating Dirge, it wasn't that bad. At least it was FF, and Vincent is pretty cool.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Worst games ever played? Tallulah's Avatar

I didn't like Dirge, for the sole reason I wasn't very good at it (I'm not very good at that sort of game anyway). I really did want to get into it and like it, but to no avail.

Also Pop Idol, a sort of forerunner to things like Singstar and Guitar Hero, was so, so, very awful! The Easy mode was too easy, and Normal mode last stage was just too hard. It wasn't even challenging; it just went from mildly easy to frickin' impossible in one stage. Also; Simon Cowell, need I say more? *shudders*
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Crash Boom Bang Worst games ever played? Lily's Avatar

probably unlimited saga, i never really got all that far in, i still have no idea what the point of that game is

is not a douche Worst games ever played? Bubble Boy's Avatar

Legend of Dragoon.
    - gameplay = lame
    - story = unoriginal
    - writing = ESL

.............. Worst games ever played? smurphy's Avatar

I am usually pretty cautious with my gaming purchases and I dont rent games so I havent played a lot of games I would classify as bad. Not to say I havent bought any bad ones though.

I remember Worms on the original PS sucking somewhat badly. Driv3r was pretty bad as well. But the worst gaming experience I have had is probably Viva Pinata. Whats the point of the game?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    I am usually pretty cautious with my gaming purchases and I dont rent games so I havent played a lot of games I would classify as bad. Not to say I havent bought any bad ones though.

I remember Worms on the original PS sucking somewhat badly. Driv3r was pretty bad as well. But the worst gaming experience I have had is probably Viva Pinata. Whats the point of the game?
    Oh man, I completely forgot about Viva Pinata lol. Since you have reminded me, that is the most awful game.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Worst games ever played? Tallulah's Avatar

Oh my God, Viva Pinata! I bought that for the X-Box 360 before I even got it so excited to play it! It was such a let-down!
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Worst games ever played? nickness89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer
    I love Resident Evil Code: Veronica, by the way. It's in my top three favorites of the series, along with REmake and RE4.
    I agree, Code: Veronice was one of the best in the RE series.

My worst game though, would have to be Resident Evil 5. It was just such a disappointment with the storyline, and was totally ripped away from being a survival horror game. Glad RE6 will be getting back to it's roots, in a way, I hope FF does the same to an extent.
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Hewerya love...? Worst games ever played? seanb's Avatar

BUSBY 3D

holy shit that game would not even class as bad, its beyond my comprehension of a bad game. It truly was desperate. It was on ps1 and the controls, colours, music AGHH! even thinking about it makes me shudder.
    ‪Bubsy 3D&#x202crlm; - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by nickness89 View Post
    I agree, Code: Veronice was one of the best in the RE series.
    I know, right? Yet, from what I've seen, it seems to get alot of hate from fans of the series for some reason and I don't get it.

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Worst games ever played? nickness89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer
    I know, right? Yet, from what I've seen, it seems to get alot of hate from fans of the series for some reason and I don't get it.
    Precisely, the Ashfords literally made me choke with laughter.

RE5's Wesker made the game worse also.
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

MY FF TWIN - Firefly

CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Worst games ever played? Xanatos's Avatar

Where do I start?

When it comes to Final Fantasy several games come to my mind, V, X-2, and Tactics Advance. All share terrible story, and characters, good gameplay though.

Unlike earlier games in series Mortal Kombat 4 was just goddamn awful. The battle was way too fast paced, character behavior was stupid to say the least, terrible story even for a fighting game, and awful graphics even for PS standard.

There's also a Monster Rancher Hop-A-Bout, I bought this by mistake, meaning to buy an actual Monster Rancher game, there's nothing to say about this one other that it's meant to be played by kids, no actual challenge, no thought, just press X, and that's about it.

My worst game though, would have to be Resident Evil 5. It was just such a disappointment with the storyline, and was totally ripped away from being a survival horror game. Glad RE6 will be getting back to it's roots, in a way, I hope FF does the same to an extent.
    The same way I felt about Resident Evil 4, actually, it's barely any better than Resident Evil 5. Both games lack intense, and creepy atmosphere, cheap scares, interesting puzzles, sense of vulnerability, elements their predecessors were praised for thus inferior in my book, they're nothing more than plain shooter with Resi title in it.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos
    The same way I felt about Resident Evil 4, actually, it's barely any better than Resident Evil 5. Both games lack intense, and creepy atmosphere, cheap scares, interesting puzzles, sense of vulnerability, elements their predecessors were praised for thus inferior in my book, they're nothing more than plain shooter with Resi title in it.
    Fair dues, but Resi 4 had a closer concept of scary compared to 5. It was always dark, villagers would pop out at you from toilets (Bitores Mendez' house) and there were a few puzzles dotted about here and there. However yeah, it was mainly just a shoot and run game.

One of the things that really hacked me off in 4 and 5 was the abundance of health items and ammo. I loved the earlier games where you had to just make do with what you could find, but now it all comes in enemy drops ... sad story
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

MY FF TWIN - Firefly

CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Worst games ever played? Xanatos's Avatar

Fair dues, but Resi 4 had a closer concept of scary compared to 5. It was always dark, villagers would pop out at you from toilets (Bitores Mendez' house) and there were a few puzzles dotted about here and there. However yeah, it was mainly just a shoot and run game.

One of the things that really hacked me off in 4 and 5 was the abundance of health items and ammo. I loved the earlier games where you had to just make do with what you could find, but now it all comes in enemy drops ... sad story
    One thing that bothered me as well was lack of notes, and files to read, loved those. They would give you an idea at what's going on, who ****ed up, and what happened at that moment, they gave more depth to the story, and were interesting to read.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Worst games ever played? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

The worst game I have ever played, for sure is Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight for PS3. It had the clunkiest controls and slowest mechanics I have ever had the displeasure of playing, and to top it off, it had about 30 seconds of actual playability.

I remember, you start the game up, move fowards slightly, then cutscene. Then, after the cutscene there is about 4-5 enemies in front of you. You have to run back the way you came, because you have no weapons. While you are running however, you will die.

There is a reason I only paid £1 for it. Being a huge Gundam fan, I thought I'd try it, but it was terrible.

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! Worst games ever played? ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment

Worst game I ever played would have to be Iron Man 2 the video game for the X-Box 360 the game had nothing to do with the game and the gameplay was so boring at times that it would almost put me to sleep
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Boxer of the Galaxy Worst games ever played? Rowan's Avatar

sims. dont hate on me, but why not just live real life? why are people getting excited about being able to do virtual laundry. Its incredibly sad. Hey guys, wanna do my laundry?

Lone Wolf Worst games ever played? Darkwolf's Avatar

Dirge of Cerberous: Am I the only person who actually liked this game? The only thing I didn't like was that the game starts with semi-auto-aim enabled. When I play a shooter, I want completely manual aim.

I played through it three times. Easy, Hard, and then EX Hard. Once I beat EX Hard, there really wasn't any point and I was stuck on a certain bonus mission that was rather impossible to do. (It was called Labyrinth. Waves of enemies with no HP items and very limited ammo.)

Legend of Dragoon, loved it. This game goes is in a tie with Final Fantasy VIII for my top favorite PS1 game. The battle system was more involved, the storyline was solid and you never got stuck doing the same thing. The many different environments and plot twists made it enjoyable for all of the (3? 4?) discs. (I really can't remember. )

As far as the worst game I've ever played? Brain Age 2. Hated it. I'm not sure if this counts, but I've played about 20 minutes of World of Warcraft. That was horrid.

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes ranks up there. The original PS1 2-disc game was one of my favorites, which is why I'm so disappointed that the Gamecube version ruined it. I don't have much hope for Metal Gear Solid 3D. Nintendo just bugs me lately.

Hewerya love...? Worst games ever played? seanb's Avatar

Re: submersible pump

Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    *Link Removed*
    *Link Removed*
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    your parents don't love you

Edit: Come on guys...don't quote the bot -_-;;; I like how you took the time to acknowledge it but not report it.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 08-01-2011 at 05:43 AM.

.............. Worst games ever played? smurphy's Avatar

Re: submersible pump

Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    *Link Removed*
    *Link Removed*
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    *Link Removed*,
    Why do bots always target the worst possible demographics. Am I missing out on something? Are FF fans usually quite pump savvy? Do FF fans like pumps. Is anyone else interested in using "pump" as a double entendre.

(Back on topic)On reflection most of us havent played the game we would consider our worst. I havent played "Bus Simulator" or "Train Simulator" yet. There has to be a market for these games if they are making them so theres probably a few people who think that the likes of Uncharted 2 et al sucks and the drivel I previously mentioned is the pinnacle of gaming(yes, I am taking a shot at elitist PC players).

Now that I have had time to reflect on my choices I can now see I was wrong.....Nintedodogs.........f*ck Nintendodogs.Worst waste of 5 minutes of my life ever.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 08-01-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill