Thread: World Of Warcraft

World Of Warcraft Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

World Of Warcraft

I dont suppose no one here plays WOW as much as I do?

Just wanted to know what was every/anybodys take on WOW and for those who dont know about it to relay their questions or intrests. I think it's a very compelling game and keeps my attention span happy.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

Re: World Of Warcraft

does world of war craft cost money
    if you live a creative life you will live a long and happy life

Blog Entries

Yea it does $15 for one month thats what I pay for. You can play it for free with a trial version but it only lets you level to 20. You have to buy the expansions before you can actually level high and level cap.

1st expansion "vanilla"- level 60
    Burning Crusade- level 70
    Wrath of The Lich King- level 80
    Cataclysm- level 85

Blizzard has another expansion coming out dont know when though but the new level cap for that one is 90 cant wait for it.
    Last edited by Secret Weapon; 02-03-2012 at 08:44 PM.

{My Loving TFF Family}

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

WoW has turned very gay, after TBC it turned to complete dog shit.

I no longer consider it a MASSIVE multiplayer online game, you load into everything from either Stormwind or Ogrimmar once you hit max level, gear is too easy to get, PVP is a mess and now they bring out a kung fu panda expansion..

I could go on forever about everything thats wrong with WoW, but ive done it to death so ill just leave it at that..

WoW used to be fun, now it's just a diluted MMO designed to cater retards for mo $$$$, Fuck you blizzard!

Just kind of there. World Of Warcraft Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I play on The Uldum realm. My main is Calvanian.

Anyway, I kind of denied WoW's very existence up until 2009. So i kind of missed out on the "Glory days" older players like to talk about.
    So yeah. Not much i can say about the lest, But I happen to be having fun with blizzard's "complete dog shit". I guess that makes me a retard.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

I'm glad I quit this abysmal disasterpiece of a game. It was decent enough back in TBC but it got worse and worse and once I downed LK (well I got the ICC Drake too) I quit. I came back for Cata but realizing its still garbage I quit again.

Avoid this stupid e-sports shit.

Registered User World Of Warcraft Kaiden's Avatar

I'm always amazed to hear people trash talk World of Warcraft and how bad of a game it is/was. If the game was bad we wouldn't ever talk about it, and people wouldnt play it. Those same people bashing it wouldn't have logged 100 days of playtime. Simple put it will go down as one of, if not the greatest game ever made.

Having said that, I don't play it and probably never will. So I don't know the current state of the game other than it has more people playing it than any other game.

For the OP, what draws you to World of Warcraft. The people you play with, character building. What keeps you logging in?

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar

I've played WoW on and off in the last few years (currently unsubbed cos of SWTOR). Anyhow, despite all the player complaints about it, I enjoy playing it. I did stuff from hardcore raiding to casual BGs, Heroics/Instances and Arenas.

I am playing SWTOR right now because it's new and quite entertaining but when it comes to stability and features, WoW is still better. I played all the big MMOs that released in the last few years : CoX, Warhammer, AoC, Aion, Rift, Tabula Rasa. I always found myself going back to WoW lol. Dunno if I'd come back again when I am done with SW, I am actually just waiting for Guild Wars 2 at this point.

WoW was a good MMO, now its just catered for noobs, real gamers (skilled) get bored of it fast and see all the flaws/imbalances it has..

By your logic, the more people that play it the better the game is???

Blizzard have moulded the game so simpletons (which are in the millions sadly) keep playing, they are easily amused by how EASY it is to get geared up in the game now, it doesnt require much effort or skill. They throw "cool" things at them like mounts, cool looking easy to obtain set armor, pets and other shit to keep the slow minded entertained while pretty much refusing to fix the balance issues in Pvp/world pvp. They dont give a shit about PvP because good players reign through by constantly beating on these simpletons, these simpletons then cry non stop threatening to cancel theirs subs because they are too lazy to learn how to compete. So blizz just remove this stuff and section it off to sandbox pvp, why join a PvP server if you're not gonna pvp??? the mind boggles.

Back in vanilla/TBC people had to work hard to even prep for raiding, fighting opposite faction for mats farming locations, raid summoning stones, running new guild members through previous raids to get them geared. Back then not many guilds on my server would get to raid past karazan as they would have to dedicate alot of time to preping for the hard fights at hand, every little boost you made counted.

Now people get summoned en-mass by one person to any location, they dont need to bother with flasks/food/resistance armour or skill, farming has been made alot easier, they have pretty much eradicated world pvp by making it sandbox pvp. The only people who actually leave the capital cities after reaching max level is to farm herbs/ore/skinning, thats it! After that its standing in the capital cities and loading into raids/BG's.

Its no longer a MASSIVE multiplayer game in mine and many others opinions.

The only reason WoW is still doing so well is that nobody has the brains and money to make a better game, they just throw money at a wow clone which ends up being bug ridden (AoC, Swtor etc) and people just go back to the easyness of wow.

Same style is following in many other game platforms, especially to me, FPS gaming, COD and BF are catered to retards. appeasing the simple minded with weapon upgrades/perks and pretty much eradicating the competitive gaming scene. I'm crossing fingers for the new counter strike to take off, as in the last 10 years, Counter strike has been the only worthy FPS..
    Last edited by nix; 02-13-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    WoW was a good MMO, now its just catered for noobs, real gamers (skilled) get bored of it fast and see all the flaws/imbalances it has..

By your logic, the more people that play it the better the game is???

Blizzard have moulded the game so simpletons (which are in the millions sadly) keep playing, they are easily amused by how EASY it is to get geared up in the game now, it doesnt require much effort or skill. They throw "cool" things at them like mounts, cool looking easy to obtain set armor, pets and other shit to keep the slow minded entertained while pretty much refusing to fix the balance issues in Pvp/world pvp. They dont give a shit about PvP because good players reign through by constantly beating on these simpletons, these simpletons then cry non stop threatening to cancel theirs subs because they are too lazy to learn how to compete. So blizz just remove this stuff and section it off to sandbox pvp, why join a PvP server if you're not gonna pvp??? the mind boggles.

Back in vanilla/TBC people had to work hard to even prep for raiding, fighting opposite faction for mats farming locations, raid summoning stones, running new guild members through previous raids to get them geared. Back then not many guilds on my server would get to raid past karazan as they would have to dedicate alot of time to preping for the hard fights at hand, every little boost you made counted.

Now people get summoned en-mass by one person to any location, they dont need to bother with flasks/food/resistance armour or skill, farming has been made alot easier, they have pretty much eradicated world pvp by making it sandbox pvp. The only people who actually leave the capital cities after reaching max level is to farm herbs/ore/skinning, thats it! After that its standing in the capital cities and loading into raids/BG's.

Its no longer a MASSIVE multiplayer game in mine and many others opinions.

The only reason WoW is still doing so well is that nobody has the brains and money to make a better game, they just throw money at a wow clone which ends up being bug ridden (AoC, Swtor etc) and people just go back to the easyness of wow.

Same style is following in many other game platforms, especially to me, FPS gaming, COD and BF are catered to retards. appeasing the simple minded with weapon upgrades/perks and pretty much eradicating the competitive gaming scene. I'm crossing fingers for the new counter strike to take off, as in the last 10 years, Counter strike has been the only worthy FPS..
    I am Bias and i approve this message.
    World PvP isn't even existent in this game anymore. The only world PvP you'll get is if you sit out in BC and farm some low levels until one of them happens to be in a mildly large guild.
    Classes still aren't balanced. You'd think after ten years of tweaking this game you'd be able to make the claim of most balanced classes ever.

I wouldn't say so much a WoW clone. Every MMO just isn't willing to expand whats beyond the normal for a MMO. When i first played Rift, i immediately quit the beta and went back to WoW. There was little difference. The matching you with people on similar quest was cool, the skill set was a fresh change. But nothing about the game stood out from any other MMO. I had no reason to leave my guild and high level characters for that.

You still have Halo for competitive FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Quistis View Post
    I've played WoW on and off in the last few years (currently unsubbed cos of SWTOR). Anyhow, despite all the player complaints about it, I enjoy playing it. I did stuff from hardcore raiding to casual BGs, Heroics/Instances and Arenas.

I am playing SWTOR right now because it's new and quite entertaining but when it comes to stability and features, WoW is still better. I played all the big MMOs that released in the last few years : CoX, Warhammer, AoC, Aion, Rift, Tabula Rasa. I always found myself going back to WoW lol. Dunno if I'd come back again when I am done with SW, I am actually just waiting for Guild Wars 2 at this point.
    I was highly debating between Guild Wars 2 and Tera. I ultimately chose Tera. The whole Third Person Shooter thing makes the game SO much more enjoyable to play. Adds a whole other skill gap into the PvP side of things.
    I was really leaning towards Guild Wars 2 because of how they cater to PvP. Being able to reach high levels while mainly sticking to PvP. No grinding. That is a huge plus for me. It took me almost 2 years to get my 80 on WoW because i couldn't stand grinding. I hit 43 ish, quit because of how bored i was. Then up to 68. rinse and repeat until 80.

Tera is a grindy game, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get past that with the action this game brings to MMO's. Instead of the typical point and click.
    I'll still probably pick up Guild Wars 2 when it drops.
    Last edited by Mystyrion; 02-13-2012 at 03:39 PM.

I am lazy and don’t feel like using multiple quotes, but here is some responses.

*So Blizzard made the game easier so more of their player base could see all of the content? That makes a game trash... I guess, if you are looking for a really hard challenge. That would ruin the game for you. I can concede this, if a game isn't a challenge I would quickly get bored and stop playing.

*Yes millions of people playing and enjoying a single game for over 8 years makes it a good game. That doesn't mean you have to like the game.

*As to it not being a massive multiplayer game because people don’t choose to roam the world... really? So even though there are thousands of people on every server, because they choose to stay in cities it’s not a massive multiplayer game. Sorry that doesn’t make any sense to me.

As to class balance, I am sure blizzard has poured countless resources into trying to balance the game. There is no quicker death to a multiplayer game than one that’s imbalanced. So I am going to assume you are exaggerating this at least a little. Although I don't play so I could be woefully ignorant.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [They go up to the car.]
    [Foster stares at him.]
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiden View Post
    I am lazy and don’t feel like using multiple quotes, but here is some responses.

*So Blizzard made the game easier so more of their player base could see all of the content? That makes a game trash... I guess, if you are looking for a really hard challenge. That would ruin the game for you. I can concede this, if a game isn't a challenge I would quickly get bored and stop playing.

*Yes millions of people playing and enjoying a single game for over 8 years makes it a good game. That doesn't mean you have to like the game.

*As to it not being a massive multiplayer game because people don’t choose to roam the world... really? So even though there are thousands of people on every server, because they choose to stay in cities it’s not a massive multiplayer game. Sorry that doesn’t make any sense to me.

As to class balance, I am sure blizzard has poured countless resources into trying to balance the game. There is no quicker death to a multiplayer game than one that’s imbalanced. So I am going to assume you are exaggerating this at least a little. Although I don't play so I could be woefully ignorant.
    Are these your quote or what the **** are you talking about?

My couch pulls out but I don't. World Of Warcraft midgetbob's Avatar

People still play WoW? o.O

IDK... I raided all the way up to the WotLK... it was just a lot of the same. I've never liked item based games, so the raiding / pvp just couldn't hold me (and yes, I've been in top raiding guilds before - as well as arena / bg's). I've always prefered games where the items help, but aren't a game decider: read as Ultima Online (not AoS version >.>), Shadowbane, AC to some extent... Sadly, with the trend of itembased games and carebear play, those relics will never return.

I miss the days of true PKs
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

Blog Entries

I wished I played WOW when it first started. Maybe I could have more knowledge in the words I'm about to type and apologize if I deem noobish.

I've been playing WOW since WOTLK (didn't cap anyone to 80 at that time, didn't have stable internet)but it was still a blast on my undead warrior.

World PvP isn't even existent in this game anymore. The only world PvP you'll get is if you sit out in BC and farm some low levels until one of them happens to be in a mildly large guild.
    Classes still aren't balanced. You'd think after ten years of tweaking this game you'd be able to make the claim of most balanced classes ever.
    I so f-ing agree with two thumbs up. Pvp (world, arenas, and battlegrounds) is all about who has the better gear. You think Blizzard would control how many roles queue into a group by now. I think its awesome sauce I queue into a bg and our group has one healer while the the other faction has 5. There are a lot of things Blizzard is ignoring but if things like player versus player or TRULY balancing classes (pvp primarily I'm just NOW bearing with pve), aren't fixed by they're new expansion Mists of Pandaria, I'm done with World of Warcraft.

{My Loving TFF Family}

Mystyrion

Halo Reach did the same thing and its population has dropped considerably since its glory days.
    The forums are filled with constant arguments on how to bring competitiveness back into the game.
    Alternatively WoW has finally border lined on population and has actually started losing players. Coincidence? I think not.

The point they are trying to make is it almost would make no difference if you just had some kind of matchmaking system to match people into end game content. Going out and questing is literally non-existent in this game, you'll find people randomly throughout your grind to 85, but everyone does the same thing. Grind to 85, sit in SW or ORG. World PvP is gone for the same reason.

Again its population has peaked and has started losing players.
    I'll admit that WoW isn't any more imbalanced that any other MMO, but that certainly doesn't make it optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Are these your quote or what the **** are you talking about?
    It's exactly what it says it is, responses to different points brought up in the thread without using quotes to reference said points, not hard to understand or so I thought sorry. I guess I should have explained it different.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't try to defend it anymore. Reading through responses, you guys want a game that is more challenging that has classes balanced for pvp, instead of pve. While also having more challenging pve. Blizzard took wow in the other direction because it made more money that way. That pissed you off and you don't play the game anymore. Now you tell everyone how much better it was before other people wanted easier content.

Edit 2: Reading that again, it sounded so spiteful. It's not meant to be. I am just stating I understand where you are comming from or atleast I think I do.
    Last edited by Kaiden; 02-14-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [They go up to the car.]
    [Foster stares at him.]
    [The man laughs.]

Blog Entries

Kaiden

It's exactly what it says it is, responses to different points brought up in the thread without using quotes to reference said points, not hard to understand or so I thought sorry. I guess I should have explained it different.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't try to defend it anymore. Reading through responses, you guys want a game that is more challenging that has classes balanced for pvp, instead of pve. While also having more challenging pve. Blizzard took wow in the other direction because it made more money that way. That pissed you off and you don't play the game anymore. Now you tell everyone how much better it was before other people wanted easier content.

Edit 2: Reading that again, it sounded so spiteful. It's not meant to be. I am just stating I understand where you are comming from or atleast I think I do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hear ya man but what we're asking of Blizzard isn't really much. Aside from all the nerfing they've done to classes that shouldnt have been touched ( and the most fun with) and BARELY nerfed overpowered ones.

They care more about their outlook and what they THINK we want. I guarantee majority of hardcore wowsters will get sick of it eventually. I feel I'm only playing it now cause of my favorite classes (still curse rogues till this day).

{My Loving TFF Family}

Yeah thats about it

And dont worry bout sounding spiteful or whatever, i understand opinions come out that way sometimes..

And im always bitchin bout games nowadays anyway, im a bitter old gamer

Mystyrion
    I really don't mind having "easier content" having younger players being able to get better gear makes everyone be more on the same level as everyone else. But the thing about WoW is that its talent tree's are always divided. One for PvE, one for PvP, and the third is usually useless or for leveling. It wouldn't be hard to keep a certain talent tree specific to its purpose and not have the other trees overlap it in power. Like giving PvP bonuses within the tree or adding gear bonuses for that tree. It might seem a little restricting, but it makes for more balanced gameplay. Blizzard usually keeps things like that in mind regardless, so why not take more initiative.

it's all good.