View Poll Results: Wii: dead?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nintendo still makes a game every 4 months that's decent.

9 25.00%
  • The Wii has been defeated, reverted to a children's gaming machine.

9 25.00%
  • The Wii is now a "test" console for getting the Wiimote and in-game motions synced for next-gen.

2 5.56%
  • You can try to sell your Wii, but nobody would buy it. It's done, dude.

0 0%
  • The Wii has some great titles, I dunno why you're missing out.

13 36.11%
  • Your thoughts are purely opinions, and to each their own. Sell the Wii.

3 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is the Wii dead?

Re: Is the Wii dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I played the Mario Kart.... holy god it was terrible with the Wiimote, ABSOLUTELY terrible.
    We're talking Wii-wheel and everything right? I swear, I feel like I'm the only "Veteran Gamer" that likes Wiimote Control. My brother hated it too. It feels "tighter" to me.

I like the Wiimote driving. I can drink and drive and not get in trouble.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES Is the Wii dead? Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Hahahaha thats funny Loaf I play Mario Kart on the Wii so I don't think its dead
    My Blitzball Kingdom:
    My Final Fantasy Family Ralz the First Brother I had he is stuck marrying Yuna xTidus The second Brother I had he really Adores Blitzball genomes blade My youngest Brother he Really enjoys his Older Brothers' company And my Mystic Brother Vivimastermage of Chaostroph may you never play cards with him. And my Awesome Brother Fate who is just great to be around all the time I would be lost if it weren't for him and My awesome Older Brother Meier Link the Party animal And my Soul-devouring, Soon-to-be-game making brother, Alther Primus Also introduing The Graceful Lord of Chaosthroph who adores big Swords and Über Spells." Elyon My Awesome Learning Sister Himi And my Auron Loving Sister Dodie16 I introduce you to My younger sister Ann another fan of FF 10 My Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi And my younger Sister Terra Branford the pie loving Fullmetal alchemist FF6 Obsessed If you want in and you are a fan of Blitzball send me a VM and you are welcome to come
    My Duck Legion Members:
    Ethan Can U Say Freak Silver

Che

Quote Originally Posted by Cain Highwind View Post
    We're talking Wii-wheel and everything right? I swear, I feel like I'm the only "Veteran Gamer" that likes Wiimote Control. My brother hated it too. It feels "tighter" to me.
    Are we talking about the Wii+Nunchuck controls, or the Wiimote turned on it's side? I loved the Wii+Nunchuck controls, but I had a classic controller already bought when Mario Kart came out because I thought Brawl was going to be really competitive (RIP Smash Bros tournaments) so I used that a lot too.

Anyway, I ended up selling my Wii to my parents for $100. Wasn't gonna use it, so I gave them a good deal. Came with a travel bag, two controllers+nunchucks, 4 of those rubber controller covers from Nintendo, a two-controller rechargeable battery station, two classic controllers, and Wii Sports.

Asking all the personal questions. Is the Wii dead? RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Really I think it depends on who you are for me yes I would say it is very close to being dead, the only game I was interested in was Soul Calibur and boy was I sorely disappointed with even that one, besides the games that we got in the bundle we haven't gone out to buy new ones its just not worth the effort,

and now their newest campaign to get every one interested

What douche from Nintendo sat in the conference room and said "I know lets make it black" anywho they didn't fool me.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Registered User Is the Wii dead?

^ Personally, I like the new black Wii. Looks a lot more sleek than the white, and it would match my other electronics and consoles as well!

But yeah, Nintendo needs to shift focus on developing better software than just redesigning the hardware. I have hope though, because as I stated earlier, there are more than a couple of games that I'm looking forward to. ^^
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Memento Rhapso Is the Wii dead? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the Wii is dead then I need a phoenix down, I can'tt miss out on the new Zelda release

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

The Mad God Is the Wii dead? Heartless Angel's Avatar

The Wii has had some solid titles, and I hope to see more. Some of the stuff I've been hearing makes it sound like that may take a while... but if and when Nintendo gets past the "Innovative = fun" theory, they may yet become the company I know and love again. Some more new Zeldas would be nice. And I mean good ones, like Twilight Princess. That Link's Crossbow training crap made me want to fly to Japan just to hit Miyamoto with a brick.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Tsuna Feesh Is the Wii dead? Fate's Avatar

I don't think the Wii is 'dead,' but I don't really like the Wii much. =3 I mean, there are games that I want to play like Tales of Symhponia 2: Dawn of the New World, but because it's for the Wii, I don't want to play it. >.> The WiiMote is kind of cool, but I don't like it much, either. I prefer the normal controller shape and design, and I always have to wear the strap (because I'm afraid of something breaking) and that gets annoying.

Also, the black Wii looks pretty coo, but I like the white one better. =S

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Rune Knight Is the Wii dead? Trodorne's Avatar

i don't know about you guys, but i don't spend tons of money on the wii games themselves but i have some essentials like movies on wii where i can play my dvd movies on the wii. out of everything i have for the wii they are all party games which everyone has fun playing and making competitions. but the rest of my games are all apps and old games which i downloaded. like final fantasy for the NES. too square long enough to get off their butt to release it but i have it. WOOO old school red mage.

Hah, my thoughts. I recently looked at my Wii and thought: "When have I played Wii for the last time?" And I must admit.. I don't know. I don't think I use it often.
    I was also totally happy when I got my Wii and I first played Twilight Princess. But that was the only (!!) game I've ever really played through. I played Wii sports quite often when I got the Wii... but now... I'm not playing anymore. ^^"

A year ago I was quite fond of playing Mario Kart Wii with friends, online. But then nobody had enough time anymore and now we rarely play. So basically I'm not using it anymore. (I haven't even played FFIV: The After Years through.. I'm still halfway done in Rydia's story.. shame on me )

Everytime I enter a games shop I look for new Wii games but there are none which I'd like to buy. Mostly it's stuff like "play with pets" or "plant some seeds somewhere" or even "live another life as [insert a job]". I also feel like I'm way too old for stuff like that. ^^" Where have the good RPGs gone? I just hope that "The Last Story" will be a good game for Wii... otherwise I'm also thinking about selling my Wii.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Registered User Is the Wii dead? Megatron0000's Avatar

The Wii has sooo much potential it's ridiculous. They could do so much with that system they haven't done yet and it saddens me to think that they might be doing the best they know how. Twilight Princess was great they could make other games similar to that. How bout a flight sim for the Wii. You could pilot helicopters almost the same as flying a real one using one control for the collective and the nunchuck as the flight stick. Seriously the list goes on. Why its being held back for children's game i couldnt tell ya but keep in mind that since Game cube Nintendo has been leaning toward family oriented games pretty consistently.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Wii is a lot more fun with friends/family over. In my opinion, it's a console which is supposed to promote healthier gaming/fitness, and bringing people together. The majority of the games are aimed at younger children.

I wouldn't say it was dead, just that older gamers might not enjoy what's available on it because it's directed at the younger gamers.

I've only played on a Wii once. Sure, I had a lot of fun playing bowling and boxing with my family, but it's not something I'd personally buy. Mainly because "family time" is a rare occasion with my family now, but also because it's not really my thing. I prefer to play most games alone, and swinging arms around does not only make me feel silly, it's also quite distracting after a while.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Let's make it rain. Is the Wii dead? Jonathanx221's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Should I just sell it? I was all about the Wii when it first came out, but the excitement died out really fast. As a 23 year old gamer, most of the games (if any) are not marketed towards me. I haven't noticed anything even come out for the Wii that I'd be mildly interested in, besides the New Super Mario Bros, in months.

The concept behind the Wii was/is great, but I think they're gonna have to finally incorporate the Wiimote stuff into a next gen console in the next-next gen console war.

The Dreamcast had a better lineup of games than the Wii when Sega announced they were abandoning it.
    I sold mine, and I don't regret it. Sometimes the word "Zelda" runs through my mind, but they'll never make another good zelda, I got my gamecube and all the good zelda titles for it from zelda 1 to twilight princess. Ocarina of time is the best, I love my collectors edition disc. =]

Registered User Is the Wii dead?
    Hell... Well, Newport, but what's the difference?

I used to have a Wii, and I thought it was pretty good for like the first 3 months. I used to love Red Steel and those kind of games, and the occasional party every now and again made the Wii a bit of an ice breaker, however, people don't have parties everyday, like me, I got bored of sitting around by myself going "woo... I'm hitting a virtual ball with a white brick..."
    I actually believe that the Wii is a great console if you own a social club or like to host parties or something, but if your an actual Gamer, a Wii is a total no no. Go for an xbox

Rune Knight Is the Wii dead? Trodorne's Avatar

is the Wii dead? i think not. right now im playing playstation games on a emulator on my wii. thats right. which means i can play final fantasy VII if i wanted to on my wii. not VIII though that game sucked. but i think the only game ill get for the PSX emulator is digimon world 1 and 2. plus with that home brew network i can download other apps that can show my Super smash brothers stats, play my mp3s or videos via the usp or SD card slot. yeah there is that part on hacking into games, but i don't care for that part. the only game i would consider doing that too is animal crossing city folk.

The Mad God Is the Wii dead? Heartless Angel's Avatar

The Wii is a great party console. And there's a ton of untapped potential in it for more serious games. I suppose one can only hope programmers realize just how much they can do with the Wii... and of course do it.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

The real reason why the rum is gone Is the Wii dead? Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

I don't think it's particularly a children's gaming system, but more children play it because the games are so party-friendly. I can't complain about the Wii though, I've played it with a group of my friends and we had fun. It's great for group gameplay, but you should maybe avoid it if you want something more serious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2