Thread: White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited

The Quiet One White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited

Long title. ^^; But for those that don't know, like me yesterday. I found out that Georama is making a return in White Knight Chronicles. For all those that have played Dark Cloud they should remember the city/village collection and building process that was in the game. It was a pretty neat little thing and was actually pretty fun to play around with.

Well they will be having that made available in the online co-op mode. It seems like everyone will have their own town that they are create and it will act as their lobby of sorts. And depending on the items you find out on your adventures it can be added to the stores in your town. People can come can visit and go around talking to NPCs.

What I saw of it was pretty cool. Those curious I found it on the Playstation Blog or something that was available on the PS3 through the PSN. It is probably on the internet somewhere as well. It can probably provide you with a better picture of what to expect.

It makes me really excited to go into the co-op stuff and play around with my own town. Who else is going for a day one purchase? ^^
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

White Knight Chronicles is finally almost here?

I hate Dark Cloud, not for any gameplay reasons or building. I liked all that. One day I was finishing up Queens and was in the dungeon for a good 4+ hours grinding, grinding and grinding. Got my weapon to be BADASS!!!!!!! Then it broke, I didn't save so I didn't touch the game ever again.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Quiet One White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, White Knight Chronicles is due out first week of February if I have my dates correct.

Queens is pretty far into the game too near the end-ish. I did not have the same experience persay, but I did make it to the very end of the game and repeatedly lost on the final boss. I didn't feel like doing all of the work for the weapons and it just sat there until I some how lost the file and had to redo it. I used a bug in the game or testing bug perhaps and beat the game with very little effort. I had already beaten the game nearly so I didn't really mind speeding through the entire thing since I just wanted to see the ending at that point.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Yea I mean, if I did suck it up and just redue it I would have beat the game but that just sucked so bad when I lost a weapon I was training from like the 2nd level. I did want to play Dark Cloud 2 but PC took my over .

Anyways, when I first heard about WKC I was really interested, then I stopped hearing anything about it until about a few months ago I heard it was coming out around the end of the 1st quarter of 2010. To bad I don't own a PS3.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited Jin's Avatar
    I still don't know about this one. It looks like it's trying to innovate somewhat, but it still has "generic JRPG" written all over it. And I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't actually looked into how exactly it incorporates online features even though there was a video about it on the Playstation Blog. As soon as I read "online features" I stopped paying attention to it.

Until now!

The Bad Boy of TFF White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited Block's Avatar
    I am pretty excited for the online content in this game. I like the idea of side questing with your friends. Sounds fantastic.

Do the elements trust you? White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited bahamuts heir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    White Knight Chronicles is finally almost here?

I hate Dark Cloud, not for any gameplay reasons or building. I liked all that. One day I was finishing up Queens and was in the dungeon for a good 4+ hours grinding, grinding and grinding. Got my weapon to be BADASS!!!!!!! Then it broke, I didn't save so I didn't touch the game ever again.
    Try dark cloud 2 they got rid of the dissappearing weapons(which ticked me off in the original game) and they made it into a better game I especially like the ridepod(character system is slightly different and that's a character that you can customize in every single way considering it's a awsome robot that one of the base characters can ride)

that make your own town for others to go to thing sounds awsome!
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited Kerrigan's Avatar
    Super excited about White Knight Chronicles! I love me some customizable character RPGs! KotoR, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect style but in a full blown JRPG... LOVE!

Preordering this tonight from Gamestop when I pick up Mass Effect 2. I believe it comes out February 2nd if I'm not mistaken...

-----WoW Characters-----
    Adonik Lv80 Blood Elf Mage - Thorium Brotherhood

Re: White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited

Wow, i'm even more pumped for White Knight Chronicles, I loved the whole Georama system the Dark Cloud series had.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

I would explode to save your life~ White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited SeaAlchemist's Avatar

man now i wish i had a ps3 *loves dark cloud*

White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited Jin's Avatar

Not a very encouraging review from Gamespot.

6/10 is pretty mediocre.

Until now!

I wasn't expecting a good number on the review, somewhere like 7 or 7.5. 6 though, meh I guess it just has good visuals? I'll have to read the review when I get home.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Postingway White Knight Chronicles should make Dark Cloud fans excited Maciariello's Avatar

It's not my favorite site, but IGN gave it a 5.1 overall. Taken from the closing comments of the review:

"Besides the unimpressive visuals and poorly-told story, the game suffers from a flawed battle system and inconsistent gameplay rules."

According to at least one reviewer out there, the game is a disappointment. I really wanted this to be good, too.
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."