Thread: What's wrong with Digimon World?

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What's wrong with Digimon World? Xanatos's Avatar

What's wrong with Digimon World?

I always thought that Digimon would serve as a platform for excellent game series and I must say that I was extremely wrong. I don't know what Bandai was thinking but every Digimon game they made pretty much sucked (haven't played ones for DS so I don't know anything about them).
    I have played first 3 Digimon games for PS1 and I didn't enjoy in them not even a little bit on the contrary I have lost my nerves playing these games and because of that I never finished them. My hope that Digimon World 4 for PS2 would fix my opinion about Digimon games has crumbled fast enough. I didn't like it at all and the worst thing is that it received miserable score in every game magazine like all previous Digimon games.
    I have also played both Rumble Arena games, little better than the other Digimon tittles but nothing special, and the same thing goes with Digimon games for GBA. My opinion is that Bandai has an excellent material for an a amazing game but they are lazy SOB who only think how to sell a miserable game with good tittle. I don't know if their partnership with Namco will improve their games but I lost my patience for Bandai long time ago so to tell you the truth I don't expect anything from them anymore.

Have you played any Digimon games and what's your opinion about them, do we still have to wait for a game who deserves the right to carry that name?
    Last edited by Xanatos; 08-01-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Che
    "Deserves the right"? It's Digimon...

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    What Che said.

But there was one PSX game I liked as a kid. Forget which it was, but I don't remember it being too awful. Guilty pleasure I guess.
    victoria aut mors

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 What's wrong with Digimon World? T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos-444 View Post
    I always thought that Digimon would serve as a platform for excellent game series and I must say that I was extremely wrong. I don't know what Bandai was thinking but every Digimon game they made pretty much sucked (haven't played ones for DS so I don't know anything about them).
    I have played first 3 Digimon games for PS1 and I didn't enjoy in them not even a little bit on the contrary I have lost my nerves playing these games and because of that I never finished them. My hope that Digimon World 4 for PS2 would fix my opinion about Digimon games has crumbled fast enough. I didn't like it at all and the worst thing is that it received miserable score in every game magazine like all previous Digimon games.
    I have also played both Rumble Arena games, little better than the other Digimon tittles but nothing special, and the same thing goes with Digimon games for GBA. My opinion is that Bandai has an excellent material for an a amazing game but they are lazy SOB who only think how to sell a miserable game with good tittle. I don't know if their partnership with Namco will improve their games but I lost my patience for Bandai long time ago so to tell you the truth I don't expect anything from them anymore.

Have you played any Digimon games and what's your opinion about them, do we still have to wait for a game who deserves the right to carry that name?
    Digimon works no more and no less than a collectible critter game that tried to build off from Pokemon. Mostly, it combined the evolution and battle aspects of Pokemon with the Tamagotchi, but as any bad rip-off, it simply fails to execute. The anime perhaps works differently because it delves on darker aspects, but the game franchise simply cannot get rid of the "Pokemon rip-off" reference. Same as...what's their names? Medalbots, Beyblade, and the subsequent rip-offs of those games?

It may sound harsh, but I've never found myself attracted to either the card game or the videogames, and I've played most of the Pokemon incarnations (even Snap and Colosseum). It must be because the "it's a rip-off" mentality kicked in, or perhaps the cutesy designs evolving into fearsome monsters kicking off the "this is Pokemon with computers, move along" mentality.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Master of the Shadow Key What's wrong with Digimon World? KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    hmm...I rather liked the TV show because the Digimon had, in my opinion, better designed monsters and a more serious storyline, unlike Pokemon which had cuter looking monsters and a "happy,happy" story. I didn't play much Digimon games, but I do remember really enjoying Digimon World 3 and Digimon Rumble Arena as a little kid.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

What's wrong with Digimon World? Dark Squall's Avatar
    Believe or not...On earth. Yea I know someone like me is too awesome to live on earth but what can I do?!!!
    I believe you're wrong, I actually enjoyed a fighting game of Digimon on the PSX. I have no idea what the name of the game was but it was pretty good.

Besides I prefer playing a low graphical Pokemon game on playing RPG Digimon one. The graphics seems depressing from what I saw on the PSX and the fighting system really SUCKS. I think the creator of those games should just kill themselves!!

Why bothering playing it if you can watch it?

Sig(s) made by me

DS Sigs

What is life:
    Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos! what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Why life is unfair!!!:
    When man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment...When a woman talks dirty to a man it's 3.95$ per a minute!!!

My Mafia family:
    Mona Lisa Overdrive - Self Appointed god
    LoVeLeSs - Freaky Goddaughter
    brnthsdiscout - FF Lovin' sister
    DiaryofJane-Music Loving God Mother
    Unknown Entity - My sister and my right hand in the family
    Silver - Enforcer