Thread: What is your favorite Character build?

What is your favorite Character build?

Alright... Dungeons And Dragons, Neverwinter Nights, Final Fantasy, all of these RPG games (well, Final Fantasy has liberties with character builds) all let you essentially creat your own character the way you want them to be. You can have a strong and noble warrior, or the sly thief, or even the extremely wise mage. I am very curious on what your favorite character build is, along with other standard attributes and what... So im going to take a standard little outline, and i want to see what you think. Im going to be making a little project on this, seeing whats the most popular, maybe do something school-related with it...idk, maybe an essay or something. There really is no limitations to this little questionaire, it could literally spawn from any game you want.

Just some things that you could think about in your responses:

Favorite Class: Be it DnD based or something like that ("Paladin" or "Rogue")
    Favorite Role: Such as "Fighter" "Medic" "Tank"
    Favorite Weapon: Favorite type of weapon (Axes, Swords,bows, etc. Be specific if you guys want such as "LionHeart" from ff8)
    Attribute You Primarily Base Characters On: Speed,Strengt,Magic, Defense....(Really Any Attribute)

And any other details you can think of, or if you guys want to just paste a character sheet xD

Sorry for there really not being any structure for this, its a broad question I know, but yeah..Free Response

Re: What is your favorite Character build?

Of all the RPG's and in fact, any other type of game that i play, i tend to go for the physically strong type. I never really liked mages very much, or healers, or rogue-like characters. I want people to know im coming, and be scared. Some examples would be as such:

In WoW i play a Paladin, a strong melee class that depends on strength and stamina over anything else.

When playing FF i prefer the melee over the casters. Cloud, Barret, Cid, Steiner, Zidane, Vincent, so on and so forth. Usually when i HAVE to pick classes i go for brute strength. I usually go with 2 strong melee types, a mage (and only because there are certain monsters that can only be killed with magic) and usually a white mage, or summoner if possible as they can act as a healer, and damage.

In games like Diablo 2, my favorite classes are of course the Barbarian and the Paladin. My friend is always mad that i go with the brute melee classes, but it's what i like, and what i know best. I don't want to be a prissy and attack my enemies from afar. I want to get up in thier face, and rip them to pieces ^_^

98% of teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Banned What is your favorite Character build?

Normally I enjoy an defensive mage type build. It all depends. Current;y in DnD I'm playing a Rouge with a pretty nice Dexterity build. I played Shaiya online as an Assassin for a few years and DoMo online as one of the fighting classes, Fencer. Mainly I like classes with a lot of Hp and speed. Def and Dex are my best area. I play a lot of Oblivion and I always play a Speed Favorited class with a lot of, and I mean a hell of a lot, of Buffs enchantments. I normally use light armor for the quick movement and a Silver Claymore with damage fatigue, Hp, and Speed on it.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Wherever possible I try to go for a speedy dextrous character, often with dual knives/blades/swords and favour anything that'll give me a quicker kill. If I can add stealth into the mix all the better. In games with quickswap weapons I'll also put points into learning a ranged weapon and the better max damage/sniping type attacks for it.

Then in game I'll sneak around to the best place available, spam the crap out of opponents with powerful ranged attacks as they approach me and then as they do, out come my twin blades.
    victoria aut mors

I'm more of the fast quick and strong 2h weapon type.

Wearing something along the lines of mixture Studded Leather and Chain Mail. Quick and cunning like a thief but strength of a fighter with a 2h sword.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

My favorite type of character would have to be melee (BBn, Pala). Casters just seem boring to me, i mean, running around and mashing buttons is far more enjoyable than just standing around and pressing them.

I also like self sufficient builds. A perfect example of this would be the Druid i played during my WoW days. Back then they could heal/tank/dps/swim & even run away using various different forms!

I tend to go for 2 handed weapons aswell. Either a big ass axe or long sword. My favorite role would have be that of a tank so naturally i go for high health and defense.

Sig & Ava by me

Blog Entries

I've always favored Dragoons. Agile and strong as hell, with a single minded dedication to their cause, often paired with an extremely strong sense of honor. And the whole dragon thing. And lances, knock 'em down and stab 'em too.

I've never been much for playing as rogue- or mage-type characters. Magic is fun but running out of MP isn't. Paladins and co. are cool in my book, they just don't deal a lot of damage, comparatively speaking.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Wow, I am actually suprised over this. A great number of people favor Melee classes....
    I've never played WoW(didn't wanna get sucked into it) but I have played Guild Wars, and a HUGE DnD fan, I have always chose the Mage Class. I don't know why, but the idea of being able to just run up and mash buttons has never appealed to me, i'd rather hack them to pieces using magic swords or firebolts xD I like magic cuz there is virtually no limit to the types of it. With melee-class, you can only hack and slash... but with a Wizard, you can raise the dead, summon all the elements, be based around bestowing curses or buffs to your allies...There really is no end to how amazing in my opinion Mages are. On the downside the low health can get annoying, as well as you can't pimp your character out in crazy cool looking threads and armors... and Mana running out can get annoying...But i guess its just part of what comes with being a Mage.

Perfect Combination: Wizard/Thief...the thief has the cunning, and wizard can just do some pretty cool curses

AND MAGES are cool, cuz they're the only class where you can ever say "Bestowing" hahahahahaha

OH...i mean, the only cool things about Melee and Tank Classes , is the incredibly high numbers you see when you deal out damage..i mean, in FF8, who DOESN"T love seeing 9999 being dished out with a Renzokukken
    Last edited by Skid Rock; 04-12-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Memento Rhapso What is your favorite Character build? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like playing the healer class, you're always guaranteed a save providing you're the only one. Aside from that, I choose high agility and high magic skill. Although they kinda contradict, when I used to play Runescape I always had my character decked out and equipped as a thief/ninja/whatever their quick class was, but carried a staff and casted healing spells on friends following me

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

I am an amazing healer and a great Tank/melee. I never was a fan of the mage type.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess it depends on the game and it's difficulty, really. If we're going by a game such as... Oblivion, I like having a rogue/thief/agile type character. I've found it difficult to play as a mage, or a strong warrior person. Gimmie the light armour, any sword (preferably without the enhancements because I like repairing my own weapons), and minor spells any day. My main character in Oblivion is maxed out in agility, acrobatics, and blade, so she's very quick and handy with a sword. Slowly getting there with destruction magic, but it's always handy to throw a ball of fire at far-off enemies.

I've never been good at playing a designated healer, mage, or marksman. I'm always too late with the healing spells, I never have the patience to master magical skills, and I'm rubbish with a bow and arrow (aiming is fine, but I prefer to be up close and personal - especially in fast paced battles).

In games like Final Fantasy when you get to pick a role or class, I usually pick a mix of Warriors and Mages... in my FFI game, I played with a Warrior, a Thief and two Red Mages. Little did I know that having two Red Mages would screw me over when it came to getting a few high level spells, but it worked for me.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User What is your favorite Character build? Ashelia's Avatar

My overall favorite character build was a very fast and agile martial fighter, a combination of a blader (melee, dualwielding 2 katanas) with high evasion and a ranged archer that could fire at a high speed. Had a character like this in Neverwinter Nights.

Favorite Role: either ranged fighter or melee fighter, depending on the situation.
    Favorite Weapon: dual katanas (melee) and longbow (range).
    Attribute You Primarily Base Characters On: attack speed and evasion.