Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Post What are you playing right now?

Not much detail needed in your response as with the other thread. Just name what game you are currently playing and any brief comments will do fine

Queen What are you playing right now? Crescent's Avatar
    My sister's staying over for the wk, so every night after work/dinner we've been playing Battletoads in Battlemaniacs(SNES) co-op, Mario Party 4(GC) -our favourite one- and Zombies ate my Neighbours(SNES) co op, all on my Wii Homebrew channel eep.Those games never get old for us.

Zombies ate my Neighbours what a classic, trampolining over hedges, that and Haunting, takes me back back to a time when i rented games mostly instead of buying them haha

I'm currently plowing through Super Mario 3D world, just at the end, not sure what to play after it. Xenoblade most likely, i kinda went off Twilight princess, im not enjoying it as i normally do a Zelda game, its really dull or something, perhaps it just takes ages to pick up?..

EDIT: Also, there is thread like this stickied at the top of this forum
    Last edited by nix; 07-31-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Yeah i was unsure at first cause the other thread seemed to ask for more in-depth answers but i now see a few people have mentioned some of the games they're playing without going into that much detail. Maybe the mods can merge the two now thanks

Certified tech, come at me! What are you playing right now? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've been playing Dirge of Cerberus which i'm near the end of, I think I'm at around chapter 11. I have a level 1 Vincent Valentine equipped with the Ultima Weapon and I just need to find one more G Report for the secret ending. I'm also playing Star Ocean: Til The End of Time which I am a little ways into. I have 3 characters in my party and I'm currently at that medieval era planet over in the mountain region.

I am also playing Xenogears which is really fun, I love that battle system and answer me this:
    SPOILER!!:
    did Lucca just die as a cameo appearance in the game?
    Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Zombies ate my Neighbours what a classic, trampolining over hedges, that and Haunting, takes me back back to a time when i rented games mostly instead of buying them haha

Co-op's so fun. Even in single player I cant bring myself to use any of the passwords. I need to build my armoury throughout stages.
    We never rented games back in the day, we bought all ours oh the thought of having to return them...8jytd3041

I'm currently plowing through Super Mario 3D world, just at the end, not sure what to play after it. Xenoblade most likely, i kinda went off Twilight princess, im not enjoying it as i normally do a Zelda game, its really dull or something, perhaps it just takes ages to pick up?..
    I dont think you should play it if it feels like a chore, u should be having fun. But now that you've mentioned it, I feel like playing it again! My sister n I in co-op are up to the last castle in Super Mario 3D World. We'll get around to it if we feel like playing it but for now, SNES & Gamecube games are occupying most of our time n are still way more fun n challenging in comparison.

Well i did buy alot of games, its just i didnt always have the money to buy all the games in the megadrive/snes era, had to wait for birthdays/christmas/holidays, so renting was just more affordable being a kid

I finished SMB3D today, it was alot of fun to play, alot shorter than i anticipated, i didnt want it to end

Im gonna get stuck into Xenoblade next for sure, need to get my head around the combat system first though i think >_<

Thats what uncles and my daddy were for But videogames were more for my brothers than us girls back then. It is short SM3DW bt still fun. My sister n i got thru all 7 worlds in one smooth playthru but once we reached the last castle we were playing recklessly n losing most of our lives so we had a break but we havent played since. i<3Plessie btw ; Did you finish all the bonus worlds as well?

Nice! my brothers got me into gaming but they lost interest when they hit their teens, so i was left to fend for myself hah

And yeah i went into every level that i seen and completed it, i got full stars in the majority of the levels i went into, i may go back and get them all, some levels near burst my rage-o-meter

Only Super mario can make me shout random obscenities at the TV

Mystyrion What are you playing right now? C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    I just had a Halo 2 LAN last night.
    Other than that, I've been dabbling in Megaman Battle Network 3 and am about to start Indigo Prophecy (aka Fahrenheit)

Doing a speed run of Donkey Kong Country3:Dixie Kong's Double Trouble on SNES. Finished this game back in 1997, started a new file just before I went to the gym this morning, I'd just got the patch n upgraded to a Hover craft. Bouncing off the water still takes a bit of practice to master, took me 3-5 tries for each bonus stage n the DK coin in Riverside Race.

Blog Entries
    I'm playing Final Fantasy V and this playthrough has been interesting. I'm going at average pace, no grinding so far and I am up to the steamship with level 10-11 characters and I have a Knight, Red Mage, Mystic Knight, and Time Mage for job classes. I may need to do a bit of GP farming to buy some spells that I need (Fire 2, Bolt 2, Ice 2 in particular).
    Currently Playing:

I'm always playing

dota 2

Jedi Knight Jedi Academy

Super Smash Bros Melee

Left 4 Dead 2 ((xbox 360) I have it for PC too but I don't trust anyone on PC)

Single Player?

Assassins Creed 2 again

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
    I have that and I actually play that too, that game offers quite a lot for a game worth 2.99.
    Currently Playing:

Finished Donkey Kong Country 3:DKDT this morning. I may as well finish off the rest of the trilogy, Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2:Diddy's Kong Quest. So easy n fun.

The Mad God What are you playing right now? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Heavily modded Skyrim. This is a whole new game once you get into modding. Currently playing a vampire, using a vampirism overhaul mod that dramatically improves the experience. First of all, vampire stages work in reverse, rather than getting stronger by going without feeding, you are at your strongest just after feeding, encouraging you to actually act like a damned vampire and bite people, rather than never doing it like the vanilla system encourages. It's added vampire ranks, increased by feeding, which unlock additional powers, including a nasty ice spell that slows and does damage over time, an instant area of effect paralysis power, an improved invisibility that allows for stealth kill bites, the vampyric grip ability from the Lord form usuable in human form, passive damage increases, improves reflexes, agility, it's really ****ing sweet. I actually feel like I've gained something for becoming a vampire. It also makes the weaknesses more noticeable, and spawns random vampire hunters semi-frequently, and equips them with anti vampire gear and spells.

I've added in over 200 spells for all schools, making any of them a viable combat discipline, as well as adding some interesting utilities. The spell cycler is among my favorite additions, makes setting up combo effects as a mage a lot less menu intensive. A lot of them have really interesting effects, that make magic fun, and something you want to be using, even if you're not primarily a spellcaster. I've also added in about 20 shouts with some interesting effects. I've got meteor storms, ally support effects, summoning shouts, combo shouts that modify cooldown rates, making shouting viable as a combat discipline rather than something you just throw in every few minutes as cooldowns permit.

I've overridden the vanilla games follower limit, so I can run with a small army of summons, so of course, to take full advantage of this, I've been playing as a necromancer. Every time I enter battle, I automatically summon a boneman, mistman, and wraithman, the soul cairn summons from the Dawnguard expansion. I have new spells that actually influence follower capabilities, making summoning a viable combat style, rather than just a buff. I can buff my minions, sacrifice them for health and buffs for myself, blow them up for aoe damage, let the equip my offhand spells, just all kinds of great shit.

And the graphic mods, holy hell. I've replaced all the textures which were originally 512x512, with 4k res HD textures, increased the loading distance on objects and animations, and dramatically increased view distance. Skyrim was always a decent looking game, but it is absolutely amazing how good this all looks now. Most of the graphic mods I'm running warn me not to use very many of them to avoid framerate tanking, but my dual 780Ti gpu SLI doesn't really seem to care. I pretty much built this computer just so I could get into crazy elder scrolls modding. I have definitely not been disappointed.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

As of today I'm now playing Tomb Raider and the new Sim City

The Old Skool Warrior What are you playing right now? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh man, the new SimCity is so good, especially after a lot of the updates they've done to it. And Tomb Raider - you talking old school, or the reboot? If the reboot, one of the HD remasters on the new consoles? That game is ALSO phenomenal.

I've spent the past week playing Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call almost exclusively. The rest of my time has gone to the new Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. It's been a very 3DS-heavy week and change with the travel I've been doing.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Kain's love slave ;) What are you playing right now? Holly Highwind's Avatar
    Ohh Im so jealous I want that so bad!!

I really wish I was playing FF14 again.
    But lately I have been playing some more of FF4 because its my goto game when Im not sure what to play.
    ***Holly Highwind***

Destiny, just got my first character to level 20.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Id like to try destiny but the idea of playing an fps with a joypad is and always will be....shit

I'll hold out for a PC release, where it should have been released on..

Currently im playing Diablo 3 (new patch) and AC Brotherhood..

I wish it had been released on PC. I'm guessing it will eventually, but I didn't want to wait. And I'm actually used to shooters on a controller. I'm not GOOD at them, but that's why I play the melee class.

Death Before Dishonor What are you playing right now? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Playing through Borderlands 2 as a Siren right now. Have to get myself prepared for the Pre Sequel by playing it as much as possible.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Halo/Bungie games are the only FPS I can play on a Joypad.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I'd like to practice for the BL Presequel, but I don't think there's a confirmed melee class yet, so I'd just be practiicng tactics I'll have to give up.

Boxer of the Galaxy What are you playing right now? Rowan's Avatar
    Im replaying borderlands 1 as mordecai. I always played as a Siren. Siren's ability in BL1 was the best. So powerful.

I was honestly disappointed by Maya when I started BL2, just because I'd come to expect so much from playing Lillith. Then came Krieg, and I no longer gave a shit about anyone else.

Boxer of the Galaxy What are you playing right now? Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    I was honestly disappointed by Maya when I started BL2, just because I'd come to expect so much from playing Lillith. Then came Krieg, and I no longer gave a shit about anyone else.
    Will there be a siren in the pre-sequal?

Not that I know of. Last i heard the roster was Athena the Gladiator from the General Knox DLC, Nisha the Lawbringer, sheriff of Lynchwood) Wilhelm the Enforcer starting as a human and as you gain talents, slowly becoming the cyborg monstrosity that you fight in BL2, and Claptrap.

EDIT: Though I could see a great opportunity to have Angel as a playable character, and would love it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast