Thread: What games give you nostalgia?

Let darkness overshadow the light.. What games give you nostalgia? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

What games give you nostalgia?

I didn't mean really old-school games, but I guess you can post by system?

NES. I think only the second mario game makes me feel nostalgia.

SNES. Mario World. That's it. Freaking hell I used to love it haha.

Sega. Hmm, all the spiderman games, and the Xman games. Sonic 1 and 2 to all hell. Altered beast as well.

N64. Don't get me started. Mario64, Ocarina of time(favorite), Majoras mask(teid favorite), Resident evil 2 and starfox64. Oh wait, mischief makers, pokemon snap and stadium, quest 64(sucked but it was fun...?), and... that's actually most of my N64 experience.

Ps1- Spyro the dragon, Crash bandicoot 3, and that's it. I played the FF's on the ps2 so I don't think immediately of PS1 when I think of FF8.

Gamecube- Again, the zeldas. I don't feel nostalgia from any Gamecube game other than Majoras mask but that's iffy since it is a N64 game.

Ps2- Dark cloud 1 and 2, Metropolismania, Katamari Damacy, and FFX.

Oh gawd what I would wish to play these, well, I mean most because of ya know... Computers do magical things...

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Blog Entries

Re: What games give you nostalgia?

Lots? Nearly every game I've ever played and liked? This is pretty broad, man. Haha.

NES: The Super Mario Bros. games all have some association with the late 80's and the way I saw the world back then. I will always remember when we first got the first one, along with the NES back in like '88. "Wow, video games!" It has some odd association with the mall as well, which came in around that time. And the "library" (most would call it the "den," most likely) in our house. I also will always remember Crystalis, Bionic Commando, Dragon Warrior, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, as probably the big ones from that generation. Maybe Legacy of the Wizard too. Remind me of the times, and certain media.

Super NES: I remember the weekend my bro brought over his Super NES, Super Mario All Stars, Super Star Wars, and his borrowed copy of Super Mario World (he didn't own it at the time.) We had it for a couple days before he had to give it back, and we played it all weekend. Couldn't quite get through to the end. Link to the Past also has a connection with my Aunt's house and my cousins. Super Mario Kart has a connection to music back then. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was a game I obsessed over for a while one Summer. Super Mario RPG has a connection with all of Middle School, and my first listens to the bands The Ataris, Nerf Herder, Foo Fighters, and Smashing Pumpkins. Kirby Super Star also has some nostalgia factor. Also, definitely Chrono Trigger, Earthbound and FF6 (can't forget those!)

For the computer, Warcraft II held an entire Summer and then practically a year for me, has associations with the music I was listening to at the time, along with some other media. Daggerfall also has a little nostalgic value, though not as much. Warcraft III came along and reminds me of a clear Summer sky, and certain aspects of my life at the time. Good times.

PSX: Didn't get one until late, although FF Tactics, 7, 8, and 9 remind me of High School a lot, as does Chrono Cross. Chrono Cross I haven't played since the end of my senior year of highschool, though there's a strong connection with a few albums I got at the time, by Brave Saint Saturn, Alkaline Trio, and Less Than Jake. Recall in particular; I was playing the game late one night, and heard that for the first time. The character Harle in particular is nostalgic to me. FF9 has even stronger nostalgic value somehow, with traveling and such.

XBOX: Barely owned this system, and it was all about Morrowind. For like a full year again. More, actually. Played it for a while during my senior year when my friend left his XBOX at my house for like a MONTH. Then I got my own after I graduated, played it again for forever. Then I broke my XBOX. But Morrowind reminds me a bit of high school and also a bit of college. And I had the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack playing in the background with it at one point, which is how I discovered Call Me, Call Me.

Other games with nostalgic value: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Star Fox Adventures, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Legend of Zelda: OoT, Dragon Quest 8, the Paper Mario series, New Super Mario Bros. Wii... Fallout 3 and NV are probably gonna have some nostalgic value too. Too many to remember or mention, man! Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: I played Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy XII, and Oblivion in Yellowstone, so those actually have some nostalgic value because of that.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. What games give you nostalgia? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Oh my gawd I CAN'T believe I forgot Yoshis Island... Holy hell.
    I was 5 and my dad was playing it and yelled out the window to me.
    "THERES ANNOYING MONKEYS!"
    LMAO!!!

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み What games give you nostalgia? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I'll only post the systems I owned, obviously.

Master System: Every game really makes me nostalgic, but especially the MS version of Sonic The Hedgehog. I had it built into my MS.

Mega Drive: Again, the same could be said, but my favourite game was either Dynamite Headdy or Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie. Dynamite Headdy because of how weird it was, and Power Rangers because I am a massive Power Rangers fan.

Game Boy: Pokémon and Kirby's Dreamland. Any Pokémon game is a stoll down memory lane for me, but when I'm playing blue, it's like I'm 8 years old all over again. Also Kirby because I just love Kirby.

PS1: So many to choose from. Final Fantasy VIII, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider etc etc. But I think the one that is the most nostalgic for me is Twisted Metal III. Playing TMIII with my brother when it came out was awesome! We'd play it for hours. So whenever I come across it in my cupboard, we always have a quick game.

Registered User What games give you nostalgia? Zidane77's Avatar

Basically most of the games on NES.
    Games i can mention are:

-Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-3 (NES)
    -Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (GB)
    -Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3, Sonic & Knuckles (Sega)
    -Aladdin (Sega)
    -Prince of Persia (DOS)
    -Crash Bandicoot 1-2 (PS1)
    -Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

Registered User What games give you nostalgia? Locke4God's Avatar

Oh this is a great question!!

First,

Super Mario 3 - Played the absolute heck out of that game and loved every inch.

Ocarina of Time - In my view was the absolute most perfect Zelda title. I've loved several of the sequels since, but that one remains the best.

Mystic Quest - Was actually my first RPG experience as was it's intent, and I've played many since. It's simple, but a classic.

Final Fantasy 7 & 8 - I enjoyed both of these equally and immensely.

X-Men Legends 1 & 2 - Just great fun all around
    Last edited by Locke4God; 03-22-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! What games give you nostalgia? Tallulah's Avatar

Apart from obvious arcade ones like Pacman and Mlr. Do (which I had really good copies of on my BBC Model B system as a kid, and still play on an emulator) I really get taken back by Fantastic Dizzy (called Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy on the NES). I used to play it with my cousin on the NES, and when I was browsing in a second-hand electronics store I found the game for the Mega Drive (Genesis), and also a Genesis system, which I snapped up for Ł38 (including the game). Neither of us completed it (to my knowledge), although we both came close.

There is a shop in the local market, opposite the sweet stall, which sells second-hand video games from the modern ones (PS3, Wii X360) to old Playstation titles and NES, SNES Mega Drive and Master system titles, as well as the systems themselves, which retail at a higher price than the second-hand PS2s, a fact that never fails to make me smile.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Crash Boom Bang What games give you nostalgia? Lily's Avatar

prettymuch anything that ive not played for years, dont get it off the likes of pacman or supermario bros anymore, but i downloaded ghouls and ghosts for the mega wii abit back, and it took me right back to when i got my mega drive. it was ace. though. ive not played it since, i should really stop doing that...

but yeah, that ones about the only one really, i think everything else ive been back to too often to sit and think awwww ive not played this since i was a nipper!

edit* mega wii lol, i got confused xD

Registered User What games give you nostalgia? Diamond Dust's Avatar

A handful from a list of many..

Sonic 3
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Crystal Warriors
    Sonic Chaos
    Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What games give you nostalgia? Xanatos's Avatar

Dangerous Dave, Ski Free, Titus Fox, Commander Keen, the very first Duke Nukem remind me of my first PC, days when I didn't have a care in the world. Later it was all about Starcraf, Quake II, Unreal Tournament...

NES, time when I would literally smash my controller over games such as Contra, TMNT, Megaman, Battle City...sounds awful I know, but it was actually a damn good time.

Super Mario World was the only reason I hang out with one rather obnoxious kid in neighborhood, Street Fighter II, and Sunset Riders is where my allowance would magically disappear.

Final Fantasy VIII was introduction to great series, Final Fantasy IX though made me an RPG addict. PSOne era is filled with fond memories, from grand clashes against my friends, be it in Tekken 3, International SuperStar Soccer 2, or Gran Turismo 2, to amazing singleplayer experiences provided by games such as Parasite Eve 2, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid...

Pokemon, Link's Awakening, Gargoyle's Quest, remind me of elementary, hell, even Space Impact for Nokia 3310.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Consistently Average What games give you nostalgia? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gameboy: Mainly the Pokemon games. Blue especially brings back memories of when i was little. Weirdly enough, its the music that plays in Oak's laboratory that brings it back the most. Whenever i play crystal i remember how i was the only kid in my year to have it.

PS2: Kingdom Hearts 2. Although not particularly fond memories. My sister was borrowing it from a freind when it first came out and because she enjoys my suffering she only let my two younger brother's play it, but never me. She tld me i could have a go on that Sunday but she took it back on Friday. . Good thing is i now own that game and can play it to my hearts content
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Red Mage What games give you nostalgia? Henry's Avatar

Final Fantasy IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,IX
    Chocobo Racing
    Super Mario Bros 3
    Crash Bandicoot
    Pokemon Silver Version

Registered User What games give you nostalgia? Lady Rika's Avatar

Oh my there are so many but of the top of my head:

-Original pokemon yellow
    -the sypro games for the Playstation
    -Killer Instinct for the Super Nintendo

a lot more that I can't for the life of me remember

Blog Entries

SNES: FFII, Earthbound, Super Mario World. Those games raised me.

N64: umm Mario Kart/Mario Party were always fun with friends, so was Smash.

PS: I really like this era of my life lol, so much happiness so I remember a lot of the games I played, like Gran Turismo, Symphony of the Night, Star Ocean, all the FF games, etc.

PS2: I super nostalgia on the first Kingdom Hearts game and the .hack games, as well as with GTA San Andreas.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2