Thread: Any Ps3 games worth buying?

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Any Ps3 games worth buying? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Any Ps3 games worth buying?

Okay, i am going to buy 1-4 ps3 games on friday.
    Every month I buy 3 games, sadly, 2 out of them aren't worth my time.
    So, are there any games that you think I should buy?
    Oh and, NO SHOOTERS! I have CoD, that's all I need.

Games I already had.
    Heavy rain (might get it again)
    MGS4
    RE5
    GT5
    LBP2
    FF13 (Might get it again)
    Most fighters worth mentioning.
    GoW3

Any others worth it? I have 80$ to spend.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

I want to play a game. Any Ps3 games worth buying? Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Any Ps3 games worth buying?

I would suggest Nier. An action-RPG. Has very good music from the tracks I have heard. I would say pretty good English voice-acting. It takes from a lot of different play-styles, does them decently. But it is definitely interesting game from what I've played so far.

Valkyria Chronicles a strategy-RPG from Sega that has received very good acclaim. Haven't had the time to play my copy so I can't offer much detail on the game.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I'd suggest a better FPS, but you seem to be stuck on an inferior FPS.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

Yeah, the only games I would suggest have strong FPS elements, like Bioshock 1 and 2, and Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. With the Fallout games, you could actually just use the VATS targeting system and play the game as if it were a regular RPG, although you'd probably find you'd want to not do that all the time. Also, you don't have to use guns if you don't want to... but that'd probably make things rather difficult. There's also the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Oh yeah! Dragon Age: Origins, definitely. I don't know about Dragon Age 2 though.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Any Ps3 games worth buying? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Yea, that's the thing, I'm picky.
    I hate Wrpg's, CoD is enough to satisfy me seeing that I generally hate Fps games, and any RPG with guns in it piss me off lol

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

.............. Any Ps3 games worth buying? smurphy's Avatar

No collection is complete without Uncharted 1 and 2. Best games on the console and probably this generation. Ditto Zarbareth on Valkyria Chronicles. I have completed it and loved every minute of it. Was frustrating at times though. To round it off perhaps one of the Ratchet and Clank games, perhaps A Crack in Time would suit. Excellent platforming games.(If you dont have Red Dead Redemption on another platform yet you would be mad not to buy it for PS3).
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy
    No collection is complete without Uncharted 1 and 2. Best games on the console and probably this generation.
    ^That that, this and THAT.

Nier, has already been mentioned... Dragon Age: Origins and II - pretty decent RPGs. Oblivion is just awesome. inFamous. Yakuza 3 and 4. The Assassin's Creed games. Soul Calibur IV.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas can be played in the third person too, but it's handy to switch to first person when shooting.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

You get a lot of games a month...

Anyways I can only suggest what I own:
    MGS4 (but you have that)
    GTA4 - if you don't have it already you probably won't want it
    Dead Rising 2 - Better if you own or played the first one but still a really good game, basically one of my top 5 franchises ever
    Castle Crashers - Downloaded from the Playstation network for like $15, a zany game with fairly simple mechanics, has online battle mode, co-op (online and local), a "story" with an insane mode. like 30 same-ish but fun different characters to use.
    LittleBigPlanet - but I would say only to rent that but I think you mentioned somewhere that you hate it anyways.
    FFXIII- you own it
    Lego Star Wars: The complete collection - Good only on first playthrough, I got it for like $5 used.

I also downloaded the free Demos of:
    Plants vs Zombies
    Sonic 5?
    Back the The Future: The game.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

I want to play a game. Any Ps3 games worth buying? Zargabaath's Avatar

Just had a thought. Instead of "spending" $80 on some PS3 games go to PSN and get: Xenogears & Vagrant Story. Xenogears & Vagrant Story. Xenogears & Vagrant Story. Xenogears & Vagrant Story. Xenogears & Vagrant Story. Xenogears & Vagrant Story.

And if you want Legend of Mana. Oh and Xenogears & Vagrant Story.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

*laughs*
    Well, I tried Uncharted 1, and it was funny, but really boring.
    I heard part 2 was miles better than 1.

I have some type of angst from buying games from the Psn, no idea why but... nah.

Xenogears ehy? Hmm. What's it about?
    Oh and I heard Vagrant story was set in Ivalice. That's different lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    Just had a thought. Instead of "spending" $80 on some PS3 games go to PSN and get: Xenogears & Vagrant Story. Xenogears & Vagrant Story. Xenogears & Vagrant Story. Xenogears & Vagrant Story. Xenogears & Vagrant Story. Xenogears & Vagrant Story.

And if you want Legend of Mana. Oh and Xenogears & Vagrant Story.
    Legend of Mana is a VERY good game. Not much linearity to it but it is pretty amazing in other respects. Highly customizable; Creating weapons, creating spells, creating robot/golems to fight with you or raise a monster, even the overworld map is customizable.. Its a game of many little quests with quite of few settings. There are 3 main story arcs one can follow, it really dosn't matter too much which one you take it really just adds up to access one big dungeon (Mana Tree) with a final boss at the end.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

The Quiet One Any Ps3 games worth buying? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just keep in mind that the three games on PSN he mentioned are PSone games. They are still amazing games, just know that so you don't go in expecting PS3 games.

Xenogears is a complicated game to explain. I've heard one person describe it as being the calumniation of every JRPG story trope put on an massively epic scale. It is true that it is probably the source or origin of many of the standard plots in JRPGs these days and consumed all plots that came before it. It is a very long, complicated RPG that is one of those games that really should be played once by anyone that enjoys RPGs. People will say that it is great or awesome, and most will probably say that it is understating Xenogears.

If you played Xenosaga, Xenogears is the fair above superior product of what Xenosaga attempted to reproduce.

As for games, Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel just came out. It is a very fun game, but it is a super niche JRPG that you'll probably want to research on the internet before deciding if it is your taste. Just don't let the content turn you away immediately, it is a solid RPG under all of the surface. Just make sure you go in knowing what you're buying so if it isn't your taste, you don't regret the purchase.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is another niche JRPG that is a lot of fun if you enjoy 4th wall jokes and a lot of video game jokes/references. Story is sadly a bit shallow, but it is still very entertaining and enjoying merely on premise and content.

Atelier Rorona comes from the long running Atelier series of RPGs as the first entry on the PS3. The story is simple, but unconventional for anyone playing any JRPG or WRPG. You're not going to be saving the world from a great evil or even trying to stop your home from being enslaved or destroyed from some aggressive neighboring country. It's a bit more carefree and is more day in a life or slice of life type story more than anything. But at the core it is a game based on alchemy and crafting things. It takes some time to get used to the system, but is quite versatile, to such a degree that you can create from the same recipe a bomb that will take out a large area of monsters or so focused on a single point that it'll blast anything to kingdom come and back. The alchemy is deep and if you love crafting will keep you busy for hours.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

What Andro said and also...
    3D Dot Game Heroes. If you like your Zelda games anyway. Perhaps the coolest bit is you can build your own protagonist and alter the attributes of your sword in tons of ways be it making it shoot like a gun, be insanely long or wide or go through objects.
    victoria aut mors

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    What Andro said and also...
    3D Dot Game Heroes. If you like your Zelda games anyway. Perhaps the coolest bit is you can build your own protagonist and alter the attributes of your sword in tons of ways be it making it shoot like a gun, be insanely long or wide or go through objects.
    I'm weird, i despised that game with such a passion. I have Zelda ALTTP on my Pc and to me that game is boundaries above 3D dot game heroes. I played for 2 hours and traded it in for 25 dollars lol

It seems there were sooo many better games for the Ps2 than Ps3, I never traded any games in for the ps2 cause I liked all the games I bought.