Thread: Violent Games

Violent Games

Don't play many; if it gets too real looking I get sick. Hemophobic, you know.

Your thoughts on gore and nastiness in games? It's really just crossed the line twice at this point, IMO.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

It's fake.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    I'm all for it, depending on the game and type of physics employed. While it doesn't necessarily add to every game, I think that some do need it to really show the conditions of the game's world.

Gears of War, Resident Evil and Doom, absolutely. It totally enhances the feel of the game, and is even satisfying to chainsaw an enemy in half.

Pokemon, Super Mario and even Final Fantasy, not so much. Sure it'd be kind of cool to see an M rated Mario game, but it doesn't do anything to embrace the gameplay or overall experience.

And if you don't like the blood, you can usually shut it off. If not, don't play it
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The Mad God Violent Games Heartless Angel's Avatar
    All for it when it comes to those more immersive and realistic games.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic Violent Games Master Garland's Avatar
    Gore really grosses me out as well SpooniestofAll. I get sick feeling and start having panic attacks when I see someone suffering and being tortured or something!

Game's aren't real so why should you care?

Blog Entries
    Well, some people have a hard time seeing blood, gore and violence in general. It doesn't matter that it's real or not, seeing it has a negative affect with these people.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers