Thread: The Tales of Series

Registered User The Tales of Series DrewYeahhh's Avatar

The Tales of Series

Right i love these games.
    They come second to the Final Fantasy Series, but god they are brilliant, i
    have played Tales of Eternia, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Vesperia and i have loved every single one just like the Final Fantasy Games.

I was wondering if there is anyone else on here who has the same opinion as me with these games.

If you have not played them i recommend you do, the most recent one is my fave, Tales of Vesperia here is the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA4a2LDDp6M this is on XBOX 360

And second is Tales of Symphonia here is the trailer for this one.

Also the story line and character development is just amazing.
    YouTube - ‪Tales of Symphonia Trailer&#x202crlm; This is on Nintendo Gamecube

the graphics are not that great but they are cell shaded and they are well suited for the games.
    Last edited by DrewYeahhh; 06-21-2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Added more info

Time flows without pause, in a world where I no longer exist, the future is about to change.

I want to play a game. The Tales of Series Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: The Tales of Series

I do find them to be quite enjoyable games. As for being brilliant perhaps not so much since most, if not all, Tales games use very similar plot points/devices, but their stories are good nonetheless.

I've beaten Tales of Legendia & Tales of the Abyss both I would recommend playing. Legendia is the funniest Tales game that I've played. The story is basic Tales story, but it really shines with its characters each whom get a character quest, in other words a chapter, after the initial main story-line is completed.

Tales of the Abyss is more serious than Legendia but still has humor. The combat is an advancement of Symphonia's. While the plot was very good I didn't like the main cast all that much as it seemed they were filled with either stupidity, annoyance, or hypocrisy.

Besides Legendia & Abyss, I have played Tales of Symphonia & Tales of Versperia and am wanting to get Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia, & Graces F whenever Namco decides to bring that over.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I'd really recommend anyone to play the Tales games. I;ve played Symnphonia, Abyss, Vesperia and a bit of Phantasia. Legendia is alright but to me it did not feel like the others.

I haven't played any of the ps1 classic but hope to one day.

I have played the PSP Tales of radiant Mythology pretty fun but its more fanservice then anything.

They've announced Tales of Grace will get a Stateside release so I'm petty pumped.

Tales of Graces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    YouTube - ‪[Wii] Tales of Graces - Official Trailer&#x202crlm;

Registered User The Tales of Series DrewYeahhh's Avatar

Well i am happy to see that i am not the only one who have played these games

i really wanna play legendia but i heard it was not released in the uk

But phantasia was awesome

Oh and yeah im looking forward to Grace but thats only if it gets released here aswell

Time flows without pause, in a world where I no longer exist, the future is about to change.

I want to play a game. The Tales of Series Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrewYeahhh View Post

Oh and yeah im looking forward to Grace but thats only if it gets released here aswell
    Graces F is shown that it will be released in the states in 2012 and most likely Europe that same year as well. Though that is a long way, it would be almost 2 years since Graces F was released in Japan on the PS3 and almost 3 years since the original version.

And I'm assuming you don't have any means to play the US version of Legendia?

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I love the Tales series.
    I've only played a few, but I'm interested in playing as many as I can. Tales games have the 2nd best fighting system (Grandia being first) of any RPG I've played so far.

What I like most about them is that they have amazing replay value with all the "collectors books", secrets and alternate endings/ series of events.

They're the only games that I can beat and immediately start a new game, since everything that is accomplished on the previous file is not wasted (for most of them).

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.