Thread: Steins;Gate Getting a PS3 and Vita Release

The Quiet One Steins;Gate Getting a PS3 and Vita Release Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Steins;Gate Getting a PS3 and Vita Release

In non-SE or JRPG news, something that personally excites me and I want to share is the Steins;Gate visual novel will be getting a release on the PS3 and Vita. It was already out for the PC, but unless you bought it from a convention or online, you weren't going to find it. Or if you just don't have a PC to play it on, this is a great way to get a hold of a fine sci-fi time travel visual novel. It's a rare thing for visual novels to be released anywhere but the PSP/DS/Vita or the PC.

It is a story you should definitely check out. It's also a great way to try out a visual novel if you're uncertain about them, but curious. It's not the dating sim or eroge variety you maybe assuming or expecting. It is just a choose your own adventure style interactive story telling game.

Source: Steins;Gate Is Coming To PlayStation 3 And Vita In English [Update] - Siliconera
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy Steins;Gate Getting a PS3 and Vita Release Rowan's Avatar
    physical copy, or...

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a physical copy is on the table, the guy said he understands that he would not want a digital copy of Steins;Gate. He wants a physical copy to put in his collection. However, admittedly, there are probably cost issues so they probably can't just out right promise it right now. But I'm with you Rowan. I want a physical copy of the game. I'm part of the old guard that still likes putting things on my shelf and pulling them out to slip into the console of choice.

Boxer of the Galaxy Steins;Gate Getting a PS3 and Vita Release Rowan's Avatar
    I should upload my collection sometime, but I never feel its good enough to take photos of just yet.. despite the fact that I have some really old rare ps1 and ps2 titles on the shelf. I love owning physical copies of whatever I can get my hands on. Especially limited editions...

Which EB games is selling for $200 as opposed to squares price of $100. Too bad I cant buy directly from them and have it shipped over.

Blog Entries
    I have to be a little picky with my Collector's/Limited/Special Editions, but I do try to get the ones I can. Sadly due to my paranoia of online shopping, I do miss out on some really choice ones. My collection doesn't have a ton of rare games, but it should make any RPG fan pretty excited since it does largely consist of RPGs. I just start late, so I missed out on some rarer games when they would have been cheaper like Valkyrie Profile or Suikoden II. Hurray for used games though otherwise I'd never own them.