Thread: Star Ocean: Till the end of time

O Rly? Star Ocean: Till the end of time Arch's Avatar

Star Ocean: Till the end of time

I got star ocean TTEOT a couple years back, and i got really far in it a lil bit more than half way, i let someone borrow it and now it is scratched beyond belief >.>(mind you it was the directors cut too,so there goes my money!)
    i was extremely pissed as you would be too
    now i cant find this star ocean ANYWHERE! ive tried a couple of game stores cant find it, is it worth buying again? is the second half amazing!?because i thought the first half was amazing
    but
    i also hate ebay and people are probably over pricing it on there anyway??

soo is it worth it?

oh and this was my first Star Ocean ever, ive never played another one since
    Last edited by Arch; 07-26-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

I'm DYING to see you! Star Ocean: Till the end of time ViviMasterMage's Avatar
    Fate will kick your ever loving arse if you didn't try to get this game again. I think it's worth a shot, because I am trying to get a hold of this game myself. Just have a go on Ebay, I do admit they do over price but it's the only way.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Tsuna Feesh Star Ocean: Till the end of time Fate's Avatar
    What? Kill the idiot who scratched your game, because the game is a masterpiece. If you liked the first half, you'll absolutely love the second half. The story becomes more interesting and enticing, and so many new features are unlocked.

If anything, the first disc is much shorter than the second one. You get to compete in arena battles, utilize item creation to its fullest potential, and beating the game unlocks two bonus dungeons, one of which is very long and fun. Seriously, though, the game itself is long enough to keep you occupied for a few weeks at least.

I think you need to buy it online, because it's been years since the game has been released. And even after these many years, it is still wonderful. I consider myself lucky to get a hold of it. It shouldn't cost that much, either. Get the one with this cover. It has all the glitches and bugs fixed.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    What? Kill the idiot who scratched your game, because the game is a masterpiece. If you liked the first half, you'll absolutely love the second half. The story becomes more interesting and enticing, and so many new features are unlocked.

If anything, the first disc is much shorter than the second one. You get to compete in arena battles, utilize item creation to its fullest potential, and beating the game unlocks two bonus dungeons, one of which is very long and fun. Seriously, though, the game itself is long enough to keep you occupied for a few weeks at least.

I think you need to buy it online, because it's been years since the game has been released. And even after these many years, it is still wonderful. I consider myself lucky to get a hold of it. It shouldn't cost that much, either. Get the one with this cover. It has all the glitches and bugs fixed.
    That was the one i had!! but i guess i will just have to go on ebay... >.> ridiculously overpriced game here i come, but it will be worth it ,cause i really did love the first half

oh and did anyone notice that sophias zipper was down all during the hotel and the first part? im not trying to be a pervert or anything but it was def down lol and i laughed quite hard when i first saw it

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:

Registered User Star Ocean: Till the end of time Fayt.'s Avatar
    If you hate eBay you'll just have to persist and check out some other second hand traders that still deal with PS2 games (most should) and hope you can find another.

For me, the one standout feature of the game is the battle system, it's fast and exciting. If you love collecting tough achievements the Battle Trophies will keep you going for quite some time indeed.

I want to play a game. Star Ocean: Till the end of time Zargabaath's Avatar
    Besides Ebay, there is Amazon which has the game selling for new at 19.99 and used at 7.22 and up. They're not overpriced there so try that it out.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

thanx you guys on your suggestions

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:

yeah, you HAVE to get this game again. it's AWESOME!

.............. Star Ocean: Till the end of time smurphy's Avatar
    The first half is too awesome but the the twist that concerns the whole star ocean universe ruined it for me near the end. Mind its definitely worth completing.

it might have ruined the game for you, but i'll bet you never saw it coming, right? that was the point of putting it in there.

Little Pandemonic Carnival Star Ocean: Till the end of time Insufficient Mage's Avatar
    For the gameplay, yes. I enjoyed the battle style a lot in that game. For the most part, it made up for the insane amount of backtracking you were forced to do throughout the game.
    And of course, there's the plot-twist that everybody either loves or hates (usually the latter), but its definitely something you don't see coming... So at least you can't accuse it of being predictable.

Wanna know what almost made me give up on the game completely? That damn Hauler mini-game. I wasted way too many hours on that. So not buena!

oh, i HATED that mini-game. the item creation made up for it though. between that, the bonus dungeons, and the battle trophies, i'm still playing it. my game has almost 100 hours right now, and i'm not even close to finishing the dungeons.

Registered User Star Ocean: Till the end of time Zeza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    I got star ocean TTEOT a couple years back, and i got really far in it a lil bit more than half way, i let someone borrow it and now it is scratched beyond belief >.>(mind you it was the directors cut too,so there goes my money!)
    i was extremely pissed as you would be too
    now i cant find this star ocean ANYWHERE! ive tried a couple of game stores cant find it, is it worth buying again? is the second half amazing!?because i thought the first half was amazing
    but
    i also hate ebay and people are probably over pricing it on there anyway??

soo is it worth it?

oh and this was my first Star Ocean ever, ive never played another one since

Well, Iīve got the SO3 since this summer, (but I live in Spain). I think is a great game, but I havenīt finished it yet.

If you like the SO3, try to play SO: The second story (or second evolution in PSP) I think is the best SO game.
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32214&dateline=125650  5007

that game was good too. i never finished it, cuz my 2nd disc got scratched, and it couldn't be read on my ps2. can't find it anywhere either. figure eventually i'm gonna have to get online to find it, but i don't have the money right now.