Thread: Square Enix Survey

I want to play a game. Square Enix Survey Zargabaath's Avatar

Square Enix Survey

I saw on Gamespot that SE is currently doing a survey on a bunch of stuff like what game do you want them to make next - so those who want a FF VII remake go out and support your voice. It is a pretty quick survey 5-10 minutes asking what you watch, how you watch it, what systems do you have, what games you are currently playing, and asks for what other information would you like SE to know. I told them to get new talent like Hajime Tabata and stay far far away from Motomu Toriyama.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

The Quiet One Square Enix Survey Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There some awkwardly setup questions. Like do want to own the FFXIII on steam, no why is because there something you don't like in the game? No, I just already own the games and don't need to buy it on another platform. >.> No option for that. And the currently playing games, I think it might have been better to word it what games have you played in the last year or something like that.

Also told them I wanted a Xenogears HD Remake. I'll be the one bucking the trend and going after some long forgotten game. But at the end of the day, I just want more JRPGs from them. Not really going to complain about the franchise they're from so long as I have the platform to play it on.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Certified tech, come at me! Square Enix Survey SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I opted for something different, I might be one of the very few people who've done this, but I asked square-enix for a successor to the Gaia trilogy (e.g Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma). I would be very interested to see how they would go about making a newer game of that series.
    Currently Playing:

Boxer of the Galaxy Square Enix Survey Rowan's Avatar
    I said I wanted an ff7 remake, lol.

Bananarama Square Enix Survey Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I already think it's ridiculous that link Zags provided went to gamestop, which went to twitter, which went to the actual survey. Speaks volumes on inefficiency. The initial questions almost seem like a Nielsen rating. What do you use to watch tv? What stations do you watch?

The second page was the real meat of the survey, and I felt that it didn't really do enough to ask real questions about how we felt about FF games or Squeenix in general.

Not for nothing, I said that I wanted another Chrono game to be made, because I enjoyed those so much more in the long run. I loved FFI-IX, but thought Chrono series had so much more emotional pull and meaning in my life
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

#LOCKE4GOD Square Enix Survey Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    PSVita isn't an option. TBH that's my preferred platform. Portable, yet dedicated to gaming, rather than being a phone first and foremost. I can play it while watching a DVD with other people.

Consistently Average Square Enix Survey Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I felt the questions were a little odd. They all had really specific answers and the ones that didn't have an "another" option needed it the most. Never heard of any of those radio stations, why bother asking about where you come from if the tv and radio stations given are (i assume) mostly only in the US. The "why don't you want to get FFXIII on steam" part was a bit weird, I don't want to get it because I already own FFXIII on ps3. It's almost like they want people to tell them how much they might hate it.

Also said i'd like a XII remake and in the future to put more emphasis on gameplay and battle systems rather than flashy CGI and bland/cliche characters.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Certified tech, come at me! Square Enix Survey SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I DID vote Secret of Mana as my favorite square-enix series, I was really torn by the choices because I like a lot of square's game series'. I decided to go with SoM because it gave me feels and I really enjoyed the gameplay style with the weapons upgrades and skills.
    Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I already think it's ridiculous that link Zags provided went to gamestop, which went to twitter, which went to the actual survey. Speaks volumes on inefficiency. The initial questions almost seem like a Nielsen rating. What do you use to watch tv? What stations do you watch?

The second page was the real meat of the survey, and I felt that it didn't really do enough to ask real questions about how we felt about FF games or Squeenix in general.

Not for nothing, I said that I wanted another Chrono game to be made, because I enjoyed those so much more in the long run. I loved FFI-IX, but thought Chrono series had so much more emotional pull and meaning in my life

you and I probably said the same stuff.

I said I love Final Fantasy in this survey but I kept saying how Chrono Trigger/Cross are superior in every aspect compared to Final Fantasy and that they need to finish that series.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Dont you just love how square enix is remaking dragon quest for ps4? The list keeps on growing...

Bananarama Square Enix Survey Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loaf, it drives me crazy that square seems so into porting old games to various devices and making sequels that seemingly nobody has asked for. It just seems wrong to avoid making another chrono game, which really had so much source material to expand on and further develop.

Rowan, I'm not sure if you're being facetious. I just feel like they're not really paying attention to their target audiences
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Dragon Quest is big in Japan still I believe.

Plus the first what, 4 games are all connected? I've never played DQ except for VIII but I'm pretty sure they are just as good/important as Final Fantasy.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Rowan, I'm not sure if you're being facetious. I just feel like they're not really paying attention to their target audiences
    bingoo.

'The list keeps on growing'
    The list of every remake they are doing except FF7. At this point, im convinved we are being trolled. What , with this "HDFF7REMAKEFORPS4" announcement, only to find its the original - upscaled.

pure sadness. Sadness lvl.3.

The Quiet One Square Enix Survey Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah the FFVII on PS4 did feel like them trolling people. However, as depressing as it sounds, according to what they've said publicly in interviews, they did not feel like JRPGs were really something people wanted, specifically the Western fans, but I think it is in general as well. Which is why when Bravely Default did really well for them, it made them stand up and realize that people still want games like this. It's a sad thing, a company that has their massive size due to the success of their JRPG games thinks that JRPGs are dying. It is something that a lot of people in the industry have been saying for a while that the JRPG is dead. It's not, you just need to make good ones. And companies play too safe and so people are tired of the repeatedly done things or the ones specifically aimed at one sub-audience of consumers.

It's sad. But the optimist in me says that Square Enix has realized if they listen to us the consumer and work on delivering what we want, not what they think we want. They'll be successful. They turned things around with FFXIV. Type-0 is finally coming out. FFXV actually has people genuinely interested in FF again after XIII killed it for a lot of the base. They have good people that seem to focus on interacting with the fans and wanting to be more transparent with the fans. They're making good steps in the right direction to really improve their situation.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner