Thread: Sports Games, which do you play?

TFF's Resident Messenger Sports Games, which do you play? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sports Games, which do you play?

I recently was asked this by a coworker...

"Why do you always play RPGs? Why don't you play any sports games?"

I told him that I do. He asked which ones. So, now I am asking you. Do you play sports games, and which ones do you play? Are they sports that you like to play in real life, just watch on television, or both?

I play tennis both in real life and in video games. I love playing Top Spin, Hot Shots Tennis, and Sega Superstars Tennis. Playing the video games actually got me interested in the sport.

I also have Outlaw Golf. I don't like to play golf in real life, I find it boring. In the game, I prefer the assault on your caddy to be more fun than actually hitting the ball. And I play American Football games as well. I wanted to get some sports game experience, and at the time, the store I buy games from only had Football games. I don't play Am. Football in real life, except maybe just throw it once in a while with my brother.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Sports Games, which do you play? Xanatos's Avatar

Re: Sports Games, which do you play?

I'm an avid fan of various sports in real life, as for games, only two types will do, football and basketball. I'm playing Pro Evo my entire life, back then it was known as International SuperStar Soccer, it's actually my favorite gaming serie. Although it's seen better days for sure, I still love it, I've even been on few tournaments, didn't go well as I thought it would. I also give a go at Football Manager every now and then, while complex and impressive I get bored of it rather quick.

As for basketball, 2K does wonders. It's really impressive how much they improve with every installment, can't wait to get my hands on 2K12.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Death Before Dishonor Sports Games, which do you play? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am a pretty big fan of numerous sports. Football, basketball, baseball, etc. The only ones that I play that i'm actually good at is football, and basketball.

Sports games that I play are Madden, and thats about it.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Only one I really play is Madden, but I suck at Madden and get my ass handed to me, whether I'm playing the CPU or playing a friend. I always get frustrated and quit halfway through the game.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

I used to have Anna Kournikova Smash Court Tennis on the PS1, that was pretty awesome. I also downloaded a Sega Megadrive emulator recently and started playing Unnecessary Roughness 95 (mostly because the name made me laugh) - most confusing game I've ever played...

Boxer of the Galaxy Sports Games, which do you play? Rowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Meteo View Post
    I used to have Anna Kournikova Smash Court Tennis on the PS1, that was pretty awesome.
    That was the best. I had a demo of it from one of my ps1 magazines and I use to play it non-stop. It was fantastic. As for sports games, I only played the ridge racer series. I liked games where you could drift as opposed to Gran Turismo which I find takes the fun out of racing and replaces it with 'realism'. I dont care if its more realistic, I like to drift like crazy and ridge racer was the best for that. My favourite was ridge racer 3, AKA, Rage Racer. In rage racer you could choose which circuit to race and depending on your 1,2 or third place, you would get a certain amount of money. With the money, you could buy a new car, upgrade existing ones specs such as engine, exhaust etc. It was like an rpg mixed with a racer which is probably what appealed to me most.

I love the Madden games. I usually buy them like once every 5 years. I bought Madden 11 because Drew Brees was on the cover. I am a huge Saints fan.

Doing the Chain Chomp Stomp at the GS Forums!

Badass Military Agent Sports Games, which do you play? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

I was never really big on sports games, but I was however extremely good at NFL2K for Dreamcast, and NBA Courtside Feat Kobe Bryant for N64. After those games, I haven't touched a sports game in about 10 years.

I don't play sports in real life, so that may contribute to why I don't play any of the games.

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Asking all the personal questions. Sports Games, which do you play? RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

I hate sports games well ball games, button bashing to run and pass isn't the same as performing the same actions in real life.
    I don't mind playing some sports games on the xbox kinect because it incorporates the movements. I especially love bowling because that is one of my favs in real life.

I guess I love car racing games Grand Tourismo being my favourite.

I play Yu-gi-oh as a game is that considered a sports. haha
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Passing fair judgement Sports Games, which do you play? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Let me see, where do I start. I play the MLB the Show games, NFL games, any basketball games including college. I just love sports, playing them for real, in a video game, I just don't care.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

NBA2K is the only sports game I've played in years. The soundtrack is awesome btw.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I got NHL 12 and that has been it. Played a few things growing up but NHL 12 is the only one I've kept a steady playthrough. I enjoy watching sports more than playing them really....as video games at least. I'd rather play out at a rink or a field.
    EBG

I was just playing Madden 12 and I was the Niners, playing against the Texans. Ten minutes a quarter. I won the game 83-17. I made AT LEAST 10 interceptions, two fumble recoveries, received 4 or 5 trophies. Let's see, one for scoring at least 50 points a game. One for making at least two Pick 6's. A couple other ones for a certain amount of passing yards and rushing yards. I feel accomplished.
    Last edited by Cereal~Killer; 10-20-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Just kind of there. Sports Games, which do you play? Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't generally play sports games, But when I do, I play Wrestling games. I'm thinking about picking up WWE12. But we my current Gameload, i'm gonna be entertained for the next 2 years.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Dr. Prof. Failstrom Sports Games, which do you play? Dr_Flea's Avatar

I play NFL games and UFC and EA MMA! i don't do NFL..although id like too, but i do MMA which im loving! bruised knuckles FTW! XD

~Dr_Flea~

Registered User Sports Games, which do you play? Kaiden's Avatar

Physically I play pick up soccer, and basketball games. I play raquetball at the gym too.

For video games. It's all about Soccer and Hockey. They are the best games to play with multiple people. We can get 2v2 or 3v3 hockey or soccer games really easy and people dont feel left out of the game.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Sports Games, which do you play? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I'm not a fan of sports games. The only football games I have ever liked were Fifa 95 (lol) and ISS Pro 98. I cannot get on with Fifa what so ever, and never had an interest in others.

The only one I play is WWE, but I suppose that's not really a sport. The MMA games were ok too.

I'm a true British sportsman, love football(soccer), rugby, cricket and tennis. Oh and the olympics, sometimes.

The only sport game I play is Fifa though.

I will save the world Sports Games, which do you play? Hero without a Name's Avatar

I'm proud to be Canadian so I love my hockey. I actually miss some of the older hockey games, but that's just me being picky. I also play baseball and football, but hockey is my main sport. There r many a times where my friend and I play NHL 11 to see who pays for the pizza lol

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Chief Inspiring Officer Sports Games, which do you play? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've played Nascar games, but never to the point of enjoyment.
    I tried to play Virtua Tennis, but didn't get far.
    Other than that, the only sports I've played are those from Super Monkey Ball. I still have the highest score in Monkey Target...
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

G'day Sports Games, which do you play? NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate sports games and car games too. I've played Gran Turismo 5 and I just don't see the point of driving a car around a track. Meh. I do like Wii Sports and Mario Kart though I'm not a sporty person ill general. I used to love badmington and ping pong, oh and pool is cool. Except when I try to break I end up launching the cue ball off the table. Whoops.

Well, I played b-ball in high school and most of my life before. So, I love any NBA game. My favorite sports games are probably:

1.NBA Jam(Still an extremely fun game on SNES or Genesis)

2.NBA Live 98

3.NBA Street(1-4)

4.Super Mario Strikers(Technically a sports game)

Also, if Tony Hawk or SSX counts then I love most of those games.