So I figure I should make a new thread, cause its been years since I've even been active here but I appreciate my account still existing. So how bout ya pull up a spot by the bonfire and lets talk about Soulsborne.

Have you played any of these games? Dark Souls 1-3, Demon Souls, Bloodborne. Are you from the future or have you played the beta for Elden Ring? What are your favorites and why?

Little background on my history with the series.
I tend to dislike most popular things so while the first and second Dark Souls were in their hayday, I was binging Berserk for the first time and ignoring these "hard for the sake of it" games that even my close friends were raving about.
Fast forward to 2015, I'm in between jobs and pretty broke so I don't even have video games in my life. A good friend of mine lets me borrow (indefinitely, like I still have it) his old xbox360 and I can't get anything new but I can play the games he already had downloaded, including Dark Souls. Enough time had sufficiently passed that I figured I'd give em a try. Well DS one ate me up and spit me out laughing all the while and I started two cause I wanted a fresh start. Dark Souls 2 I found to be a little more player friendly. Its combat is even slower and while its the same basic control scheme, just playing 1 and 2 will show you how different they "feel".

Dark Souls 2 was the first that I beat and now I've been playing the remaster of 1 on ps4 and even though its the first game I got a platinum trophy for, I still play through today just to mess around and invade, and help folks and stuff. Im bout halfway through Bloodborne and its messing me up... Much faster paced and a far greater focus on timing your button presses right, where Dark Souls is more about watching your opponent and acting accordingly. Same thing here, but most of your enemies are faster.

So I'd love to hear what y'all have to say about the series and your own experiences with it. Sorry if this is already a thread somewhere... I was a bit lazy and only checked like a page or two...