Thread: Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog

Did you play any of the games?

Did you further play specifically Sonic 2 on the Game Gear?
    Did you further get to Green Hill Zone? (It's actually late in the stage order on Game Gear Sonic 2)

...That music and this music are the same piece.

Sh#t gets real at 0:35, yo

Discuss general Sonic geekyness here. First incarnation of the artwork is still my fave. I've got a portrait of that version of Sonic which my mom drew for me when the game first came out, I hung it on me wall. The wax paper we used to store it stayed on it for so long, it imprinted sonic onto it. I hung the wax paper with the imprint next to him, so that it looks like he's going really fast.

...God I'm a nerd. Anyhoo:

Sis/bro, do you Sonic at all, yo?
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Bananarama Sonic The Hedgehog Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I still have my genesis and original copies of sonic 1-3. Unfortunately I can't find my original sonic and knuckles copy.

I loved the games as a kid. Sonic 1 and 2 were the first console games I ever owned. I was enamored with everything sonic. Loved the cartoons, both the crappy one that was all about chili dogs and going fast, as well as the darker, Saturday morning one, with the other woodland creatures.

I kinda mentally blocked out everything since, except for sonic 4 and sonic generations, which weren't terrible. Not good, but not terrible.

As for all of those other bullshit characters, as in everything after sonic 3+ knuckles, they just don't exist. Totally mentally blocked out.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    I Sonic aswell!! if I get around to it a year or so back I ordered this huge hard-back book filled with SEGA blueprints/official JP:US art/sprites called "SEGA Mega Drive:Genesis Collected Works", it has some concept art for Sonic that I'm not sure many folks have seen in the flesh damn good buy .. wonder if they are still printing it.

Also well said Pete lol, they kind of went off the rails after they done Triple Trouble .. started the landslide of new (unnecessary) toons >_>

.. then again they also went ahead with the 32X and the rest is history heh.

Sonic Lost World on Wii U mainly. The graphics definitely were eye pleasing enough.

Consistently Average Sonic The Hedgehog Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not really a fan. I've played the first one to get a feel for the older games and it scratched my itch. Had Sonic Unleashed years ago on the PS2 but I don't have any real desire to play any more. The general quality of the last decade of games hasn't helped the franchise in my eyes. 90's 'tude has been old for like 20 years now.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!