Thread: Smash Bros Wii U/3DS thread!

Certified tech, come at me! Smash Bros Wii U/3DS thread! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smash Bros Wii U/3DS thread!

I got news about the upcoming smash bros that is being released for the Wii U and 3DS. We already know that one of the big features of the game is game connectivity between 3DS and Wii U. The most recent news is that Smash Bros has a developer which is the company, Namco Bandai, and the director who is going to be Yoshito Higuchi who worked on Tales of Vesperia. The other director who will be working on the game is Kenya Kobayashi who worked on Go Vacation.

Original source can be read here. Smash Bros. For Wii U And 3DS Will Be Developed By Namco Bandai | Siliconera
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

Re: Smash Bros Wii U/3DS thread!

Hm... I'm not sure how I feel about all that. Soul Calibur is awesome, but the last Namco-made Nintendo title I played was Star Fox Assault, which was... alright. Then again, hopefully having a non-Nintendo director will give it more of a chance to not be such a party game and more of a competitive game.

Of course, I don't know if I'm getting a Wii U... Maybe a 3DS, eventually... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries

Update! this one is pretty late, but apparently sakurai isn't planning/may not add extra characters to the fight but rather just focus on the quality of the gameplay and tweaking the balance in the characters.

More in the link. Smash Bros Wii U Probably Won’t Feature More Characters | My Nintendo News
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

No new characters, huh? Focusing on refining the existing cast. Hopefully that means the trio of Star Fox characters will control more different, though I doubt it (I love the people who claim they play completely differently, btw. Though I guess you could make the same complaint about the Street Fighter Shoto characters. Then again, Street Fighter controls are much more complicated. Then again, but, though... anyway!) Someone in comments in that link also suggested they might change the existing characters but keep the roster the same number. We'll see. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries

More smash bros news! We already know that the 3DS and the Wii U smash bros will be different from each other but there's word out that the 3DS smash bros will be titled 'Smash Bros. Memories' and it will be focused on retro characters while the Wii U version will be focused on modern characters. We will have to wait and see what the developer has to say on the matter.

Heres the source info. Next Super Smash Bros. Called ‘Super Smash Bros. Memories’? | My Nintendo News
    Currently Playing: