Thread: Shenmue?

Shenmue?

Did anyone ever play Shenmue? man I forgot all about this game, I used to love it because it was kind of different. I played it on Dreamcast around the same time I started playing Skies of Arcadia. They came out with up till the second one, I think it was for Xbox and then I never saw the last one. I guess they didn't finnish it

anyone play it?

Edit: I miss it now =[
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 01-23-2010 at 03:37 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    All the cool kids do Tai Chi

I've played both games and admire everything they let you do, even if some tasks can start seeming really repetitive.
    victoria aut mors

The Bad Boy of TFF Shenmue? Block's Avatar
    So I had a Dreamcast, but never heard of this game. I just went and watched some gameplay on Youtube v

I must say, that despite the old graphics that game looks like it would be awesome to play still. Maybe a petition to get it put on the PSN or Live? :-D That probably won't happen, but oh well.

The second one was both for Xbox and Dreamcast, though I'm not certain if the Dreamcast version was ever localized outside Japan.

I played the first game like a year ago and although it likely was no where near as impressive as it would have been when it was first released, I did enjoy it. The acting was god awful and it was mostly a game of fetch quests, but at the same time, I grew up on the Lucas Arts and Sierra adventure game, so it felt like home.

Now that I have a 360, I've been debating getting the second game, assuming it works on the 360, but I'm a little hesitant. There's little hope that the conclusion will ever be released and it would be terrible to get too attached to it just to be unable to finish it.

Until now!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I miss it too, and I never got to play it much. Weird how I liked watching my brother play this game. To me, it's one of those games that should be boring to watch other people play, but I guess having a little go when my brother got stuck or lost was fun.

I suppose I have the Xbox in my room... when I find the cables so I can plug it into my television, I might have a go.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    I miss it too, and I never got to play it much. Weird how I liked watching my brother play this game. To me, it's one of those games that should be boring to watch other people play, but I guess having a little go when my brother got stuck or lost was fun.
    Before I started playing it, I used to watch my brother play it all the time, It was one of my favorites to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    The acting was god awful and it was mostly a game of fetch quests, but at the same time, I grew up on the Lucas Arts and Sierra adventure game, so it felt like home.
    And the acting was horrible haha, I also remember getting lost a lot -_-
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 01-23-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.