Thread: PSN Outages

Registered User PSN Outages Diamond Dust's Avatar

PSN Outages

Apologies if the general topic has already been discussed but apparently the PSN Store is still unavailable on PSP - is this the case all over the world?

I bought a Go yesterday at a more than reasonable price from work knowing I have Final Fantasy IX on my PSN account and thinking that this whole PSN fallout had cleared but apparently not. Having activated/assigned my device to my account I have now also lost the permissions to play the games that were already loaded from the previous owner of the device.

I don't know if this is common knowledge/if I am stating the obvious but I have managed to start downloading FFIX off the server without the store by logging in on the internet (https://store.playstation.com) and going to downloads where the Media Go suite asks you to connect to the device via USB.

Final Fantasy 9 at 1.4gb, although quite big shouldn't be moving as slow as it is surely? Has anyone else in a situation where they are using the same method to re-acquire their games, and if so are you finding it painfully slow?

Excuse the dull topic - just eager to make use of my £150 paper weight.

Lady Succubus PSN Outages Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: PSN Outages

You just made a big mistake by buying a Go. And yes, the PSN store is still down everywhere. The only thing Sony put back up was the online gaming portion. The PSN store will be added at a later, to be announced date. We all knew this.

£150 is too much for a Go. Seriously. You got ripped. Should've bought a regular PSP instead.

Ah, fret thee not Victoria. I was only projecting a rough retail value. I actually got it dirt cheap. Perks of my job. And after 4 hours of waiting, I've finally managed to re-acquire FFIX

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Does this mean the store's back up?
    All they said was by the end of the month so I'm hoping so.
    And you did good man. They're cheap because they're discontinued and have more functionality then the other models apart from not playing a few UMD exclusive titles.
    victoria aut mors

Discontinued? The PSP GO? I'm a little confused. I thought the Go was the most recent model?

The PSN Store still isn't working - I was able to download FFIX (VERY slowly) through my account on the internet and download straight to PSP via USB.

EDIT - http://blog.gadgethelpline.com/sony-...ny-ngp-launch/

Appears you are right Furore. Eh, good job I only paid £60 for it.

Lady Succubus PSN Outages Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

£60 is a rip for the Go. Yes, it is discontinued....because it sucks. It bombed. Big time. The design was so small, and people couldn't play on it comfortably. And not all PSP games are available digitally, so you'd be missing out on some of them.

I hope the NGP is better. I know it's going to use a Cartridge format like the DS, so we won't be able to use our UMDs. But I still have my PSP1000, so it's all good.

It's practically brand new Victoria. The cheapest I've seen a 16gb model retail at is £139.99 and that website I don't really trust.

Sony PSP Go 16GB Game Console, Style Kit & £20 PSN Credit

Otherwise £142.99 on Amazon

Sony PSP Go! Console (Black): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

£60 is a very good price. Doesn't matter to me if not all the games are available digitally. Final Fantantay 7, 8 and 9 are available and a few select others which just about covers all I need gamewise on the device.
    Last edited by Diamond Dust; 05-26-2011 at 11:35 AM.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

And most SE games are available on it, including new ones.
    I bought my latest one in a brick and mortar store because the prices didn't drop much online after the discontinuing.

I don't know where you got the cramped fingers thing though Vic.
    I mean I bitch about how small the PS2 controller is and the Go's always felt alright for me. Half the reviews specifically praise how well the controls work despite appearances while condemning the lack of UMD drive.

I don't know whether you've owned one yourself, so this mightn't apply to you, but I have noticed many of the detractors have owned one and seeing them constantly diss it irritates me. You can't form an educated opinion on hardware like portable consoles unless you've put it through it's paces yourself.
    victoria aut mors