Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PS3 or XBOX360

This ain't no place for no hero PS3 or XBOX360 Tiffany's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    I mentioned their crappy return policy for a reason. Unfortunatly,since I didn't have the receipt,and I called 7 days after the warranty expired,I couldn't return it. Thanks for mentioning it though. I'm glad that someone was able to exchange their messed up system for another one.
    Maybe its just me, but I always, always keep my receipts on big purchases. My OH has had his Xbox for as long as its been out (warranty only goes for 2, I think?) and they've fixed it. The RROD isn't a warranty issue, its a fault in the system that they've acknowledged and will send you a postbox free of charge, and the turn around on it is maybe 3 or 4 days.

So unless your box died for other reasons there isn't a reason why Xbox wouldn't take a look at it? Or did you try to go through the store?

Edit:

I do know if you open the box on your own that voids anything that they would replace. So if you tried to take a look at it yourself then yes I totally get it.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 12-19-2009 at 04:38 AM.

Death Before Dishonor PS3 or XBOX360 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I do know if you open the box on your own that voids anything that they would replace. So if you tried to take a look at it yourself then yes I totally get it.
    Not possitive, but I believe there is a strip inside that tears if you open it on your own. That is how microsoft knows if you have f*cked with it. When I worked at Gamestop we weren't allowed to open xbox's, we could send it to microsoft for you, but opening it ourselves was grounds for termination.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

The time it takes them to fix your console is time you could be using it. I've worked in an auto store - it doesn't matter that a customer's car battery is still under warranty or that the exchange process is easy; the fact that he or she was left high and dry because it died is enough to get one pissed. And rightly so. The same is true with the RROD/E74 problem. It doesn't matter how easy Microsoft makes it to get one's console fixed, the fact that it breaks down that easily at all is a reason to get upset.

Also, last I heard, they don't send you "coffins" anymore. You have to provide your own box.
    Last edited by Jin; 12-19-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Until now!

Nope, I think its crap that you're left high and dry as well. For all that Microsoft can do, the least they can do is make a gaming system that doesn't kack out on you, you know? I'm just pleased that they at least are admitting that it is a massive, fatal flaw in their systems.

They do still send coffins. A friend of mine had his replaced a few months ago and they were sent a box.

I suppose it doesn't bother me too much because we have two Xbox 360s. So even if one dies we still have another to play on, and all we do is move our profiles onto a memory card, then use it on the other box until the broken one comes back. Not everyone has that luxury though. Suppose thats what happens when two gamers move in together.

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 PS3 or XBOX360 chrono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Oh, I forgot to add a crucial thing to my post: the controller sucks ass for Xbox!
    I feel the same way but am amazed at how many people feel that way about the ps3 controller and just love the 360 controller.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by Tiff
    Suppose thats what happens when two gamers move in together.
    May we all be so lucky one day.

Until now!

Morbid Angel PS3 or XBOX360 Ulteka Mako's Avatar
    Living in St. Augustine Florida/From Jacksonville Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindushin View Post
    I'd have to go with the 360 on this, because it has the better online experience (well, this has already been said but you DO have to pay for it).

So here's what it comes down to :
    A multitasking, decent machine that has a low rate of death but not much online stuff going for it - PS3!
    For one, yes you do have to pay for online. That is with any online system. Two the PS3 has a lot of things going for it online. So I don't what you are talking about there. They are both really good system. It just seems that the 360 was just thrown together in order to compete with the other systems. I think if they would have taken a little bit more time on making it instead of rushing it to come out before the other system, it would have been a lot better in the since of burning up faster then any other system ever made. I mean the NES, and SNES didn't even have this problem and they were just thrown together as well, being they were not that far ahead in technology. Now the only system I have heard that does not have any problems out of the new sytem is the Wii. But thats Nintendo and thats another story.
    Life or death. Nethire are consider to someone like me. For I am both. Nor death can happen to me, or can life. There is no other like me. For I am one with myself. Nobody else is. That is the way of the immortal. That is the way of Ulteka Mako.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Maybe its just me, but I always, always keep my receipts on big purchases. My OH has had his Xbox for as long as its been out (warranty only goes for 2, I think?) and they've fixed it. The RROD isn't a warranty issue, its a fault in the system that they've acknowledged and will send you a postbox free of charge, and the turn around on it is maybe 3 or 4 days.

So unless your box died for other reasons there isn't a reason why Xbox wouldn't take a look at it? Or did you try to go through the store?

Edit:

I called Microsoft and had to deal with the crappy message system thingy(another thing that should be fixed). When I finally got the chance to talk to a human being,he told me that I required a receipt proving the date of purchase.I told him the date,and it was past the supposed one year warranty. I had the receipt for about 7 months. My basement flooded,and the receipt was in a box on the floor.

As far as taking a look at it,they wouldn't. The guy told me that unless I had proof of purchase,that absolutely nothing could be done to fix my 360(as far as Microsoft is concerned).

I don't know about the fault in the system return,but I didn't receive it.I think I will call them again,and point that out.

I would definitely try again! Put up a fight! Squeeky wheel gets the grease? These gaming consoles are just too expensive to get a stupid response like that.

Hmm... did you join Xbox Live when you bought it? I wonder if they looked at your Xbox gamer profile that it'd help prove how long you've had it? Or if you had to recover your gamertag to your new box?

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! PS3 or XBOX360 ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment
    My favorite between PlayStation 3 and X Box 360 is the 360 all the way, because the system has more games that I like compare to PlayStation's games. And the X Box 360 is cheaper.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    For the last couple of years, there was no real comparison for me. The 360 had more games, I bought my first 360 from later revisions with less failing consoles (I'm yet to have an RRoD not resulting from trauma to the console [ie dropping a giant TV on one]), better online (even if I did have to pay) and the controller suited my hands better (they're quite large). There was also that most responses I got from PS3 fans seemed to revolve around crap I didn't care about like Blu-Ray players and all the good exclusive shooters they had (despite many of them also claiming the 360 is the shooter's console). I noticed I always had more RPGs on my 360 and they're my favourite genre.

BUT. Things seem to finally be in motion for the PS3 at this point. I'm noticing a decline in 360 exclusives I give a shit about, a rise in PS3 titles that are must haves and rumours of a PSN premium that came from Sony itself that might indicate getting all the online features/functionality I love on the 360. 360's 'Look Ma, No Hands!' and the PS3's 'knob wands' both have me worried about the future of hardcore gaming, but come a few more RPGs on the PS3 and I'll likely be swayed towards it. I am sad about some of the titles I was looking forwards to having no new info though, like the sequel to Steambot Chronicles, but there's a few other likely to be released titles that'll fill that gap.

The software library of the PS2 STILL shits all over the libraries of the 360 and PS3 in all the genres I'm passionate about.
    victoria aut mors

The Bad Boy of TFF PS3 or XBOX360 Block's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    The software library of the PS2 STILL shits all over the libraries of the 360 and PS3 in all the genres I'm passionate about.
    I couldn't agree more! On the one section I quoted here that is! Your points are all valid about things that made the 360 superior for a while now. Things are definitely coming around to the ps3 side though. With the price drop, the amazing line-up of games for this year (only one of which is a ps3 exclusive), and the rumors of a cheap and effective internet set up are going to push the PS back to it's rightful place at the top (of the 360).

I mean, HEAVY RAIN. Come on... just look.

I have to wonder why it took Sony so long to figure out what to do this console generation. Even now, as far as innovation goes, they're always playing catch up. I guess too much success naturally makes one conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Block
    the amazing line-up of games for this year (only one of which is a ps3 exclusive)
    ???

MAG, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles, God of War 3, Yakuza 3, Grand Turismo 5, The Last Guardian (provided it isn't pushed back).

Or did you mean that only one of these will be amazing?
    Last edited by Jin; 01-25-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Until now!

TFFF Ghost PS3 or XBOX360 Howling Wind's Avatar

Re: PS3 or XBOX360

I want a PS3. We have a Xbox 360 elite one that my dad bought and he played it to much and it broke. The Xbox controllers are kind of too big for my hands >.< I like the PS controllers because I grew up with PS2 and GC. Xbox does have a lot of good games but it just is not comfortable for me to play. And its super noisy. The big 24 inch computer down stairs is quieter then the Xbox. But it depends on what games you want and what your friends play. I like Little Big Planet and it is a exclusive and I know my dad likes MGS. We have those games for PS2. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    I would say a PS3, I think PS3 will release better titles then the 360 within the next few years till the next console is made.

I although am getting a 360 first before a PS3, mainly due to my friends who all have 360s. PS3 will have the PS3 Exclusive FFXIII game too.
    What!? I thought FINAL FANTASY XIII was also coming out on the Xbox 360! They've been posting trailers and news update for it on Xbox Live!

I like not paying to play online. Idk why people say there isnt a wide variety of games for the PS3! there is just as much as the 360. The ps3 has its own version of the red ring of death but its like the flash of death or something, ive only heard about it,i have not witnessed it myself yet. Ive always been a Sony fan more than Microsoft. Ps3 is just plain beastly. But i cant voice my opinion of the 360 because i dont have one. But ive played with my friends 360 i like The ps3 more.Im still planning on getting a 360 still, eventually.

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

The Bad Boy of TFF PS3 or XBOX360 Block's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I have to wonder why it took Sony so long to figure out what to do this console generation. Even now, as far as innovation goes, they're always playing catch up. I guess too much success naturally makes one conservative.

???

MAG, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles, God of War 3, Yakuza 3, Grand Turismo 5, The Last Guardian (provided it isn't pushed back).

Or did you mean that only one of these will be amazing?
    I didn't know that Yak 3 was exclusive. I did know about the rest of that list though. I guess I was just mostly excited about HRain.

Registered User PS3 or XBOX360

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walrusman View Post
    What!? I thought FINAL FANTASY XIII was also coming out on the Xbox 360! They've been posting trailers and news update for it on Xbox Live!
    Final Fantasy XIII is coming to both platforms, but VERSUS XIII is a PS3 exclusive. Versus XIII is a different game from XIII reg., but they're somehow connected. As to what that connection is, well, I have no idea. There hasn't been too much info. released about Versus.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared PS3 or XBOX360 The Dark Crystal's Avatar

Well im not one to say either of them is better then the other, and i grew up playing the playstation 1,2, & xbox but right know i own a 360 and i have to say the games on the 360 are amazing! Right now i am enjoying some Dome poppin in GoW2 and Some Zombie cappin in RE5! I also can't wait for project natal to come out, it's going to be sweet! So if i have to choose, I would choose the 360!!
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Final Fantasy XIII is coming to both platforms, but VERSUS XIII is a PS3 exclusive. Versus XIII is a different game from XIII reg., but they're somehow connected. As to what that connection is, well, I have no idea. There hasn't been too much info. released about Versus.
    The XII's common factor are some kind of crystals. thats all i know though, and Versus looks amazing!

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm torn between both systems personally. I love my 360 for games like Gears of War and Forza Motorsport (GT5 looks pretty, but I'll take accelerating with triggers over the X button any day), as well as the fact that most FPS games play a lot better on it. I love my PS3 because of all the things I can do with it. Plus I've become a bit of a Blu-ray addict >_>. That, and LittleBigPlanet is ridiculous. Also, MGS4 FTW.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

Registered User PS3 or XBOX360 Megatron0000's Avatar

I used to be a PS guy til i got the PS3 and 360. My PS3 get sooo hot sooo fast i am almost afraid to play it but the games look awesome on the system. The 360 doesnt get as hot and as far as i can tell there are more 360 games coming out than PS3 (not counting PS2 and PS1 games(YAY Backwards compatibility))

Elloewen PS3 or XBOX360 ultimatekupo's Avatar

what is the point of a browser on the ps3?? isnt that what the required internet hooked up to the computer is for? and why no ps2 function? a 360 and a ps2 is all that i need I might have been into the ps3 if it had more gamer functions then it does all the blu ray and browser like functions for example. the ps3 is too much like the 360. And I have a psp that has what the ps2 lacks.
    "There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow" -Shakespeare

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

You can hook the console directly up to the internet without a PC. While I usually have both on at the same time so I can web surf/play at the same time, sometimes if I don't feel like being on the PC it stays off.

That said, the PS3 web browser's shittiness is only surpassed by the PSPs. It's a pity they couldn't use the Opera browser or similar like a few gaming/mobile devices have done quite successfully.
    victoria aut mors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2