Thread: Portal 2 Announced.

TFFF Ghost Portal 2 Announced. Howling Wind's Avatar

Portal 2 Announced.

I played the first Portal on Orange Box at my friend's house and it seems portal 2 is announced.

The kicker is. With Valve announcing Steam for the Apple Macintosh (Mac OS X +Intel) Portal 2 is coming to the Mac. It is announced for PC. Xbox 360 and Macintosh.

So anyone excited? ^^ What do you expect from the game? I might be getting it. Not for my Xbox though since it is a dead soldier.
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.

Re: Portal 2 Announced.

I knew Portal 2 was going to happen when Portal released.

Portal 2 is probably going to just reveal more about that company and other things that tie together with Episode 3. When Episode 3 comes out.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Che

This game needs to be an FPS that you can open portals in. How sick would it be? Shooting through portals, or you get cornered in a room and portal out, and possibly get followed through it if you don't close it fast enough.

Otherwise, it'll be shit.

This ain't no place for no hero Portal 2 Announced. Tiffany's Avatar

I <3 Portal!

Great game! Sure, having it be a FPS would be neat, but I always took it as that wasn't really the point of the game. More of a first person puzzle game? I dunno. Turning it into a shooter would make it just like any other game, to me at least.

Looking forward to its release!

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    This game needs to be an FPS that you can open portals in. How sick would it be? Shooting through portals, or you get cornered in a room and portal out, and possibly get followed through it if you don't close it fast enough.

Otherwise, it'll be shit.
    The world has too many FPS games. Most of them horrible Doom/Half-Life or Halo clones. =/

*Is flamed*

Registered User Portal 2 Announced. Leksandar's Avatar

I know I'm in a minority here, but I didn't really enjoy Portal all that much. Probably because I got told most of the jokes the game had to offer before I played it and as it plays a lot on your expectations it thus came out sounding flat. I mean I can rationalise its qualities, but I haven't felt it, and that is at least to me, the most important part. I'll probably end up playing it anyway as my brother is a huge fan, even though the information that has been released about the sequel so far really doesn't intrigue me at all. It's giving me the same vibes that the Bioshock sequel gave me except that it's not Bioshock. I just think there's something rotten about them taking these really fresh takes on games and then produce these cookie-cutter sequels that barely expand on the original concept. Sure they're talking about this paint that shuffles up the puzzles and I guess makes them more interesting, but you're still going from one room to the other while listening to this robot that I really don't think is funny anymore.

I'm really looking forward to Episode 3 though. The two first were great, and as I love snowy environments and I've heard something about a deaf character, which I feel fits really into that certain je ne sais quoi Valve has been doing with the series since Half Life 2. You know like in that scene where you're inside that doctor's lab and you end up teleporting all around or what they did with Alyx in the first episode.
    Shs.

Forget episode 3! Where is Half-Life 3?! Having to buy a bunch of smaller episodes is like buying expansions for an MMO! =(

Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    Forget episode 3! Where is Half-Life 3?! Having to buy a bunch of smaller episodes is like buying expansions for an MMO! =(
    The reason for Episode 3 and not Half Life 3 is probably because they want to have Half Life 3 a totally different story compared to Half Life 2, and since Half Life 2 isn't finished, episode 3 comes out. I want Episode 3 first, so they can probably make one more game with it (probably Portal 2), so they have more time to perfect the new engine for Half Life 3.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games