Thread: Playstation Network Failure

Registered User Playstation Network Failure WilsonDean1990's Avatar

Playstation Network Failure

I've been reading some articles on the web and noticed that its not just my playstation that can't connect to the network, when the calendar changed from 28th Feb to 1 March the calendar re-set to the 1st of December 2000 or 1st of Jan 1999 its everyone who has a phat PS3 i believe and think the slim will be fine, but i wouldn't reccomend playing offline as it can still be affected aparently.

Also, some people have doubts sony can provide a solution because even if they release a firmware update how will most people download the update with no internet connection (I know you can download them off PS3 website, but not everyone can do that). As well as this some people have lost trophy data and some save data has become corrupt.

My Thoughts:

1. Trophy data is stored on Playstation Server so people should get that back
    2. I believe save data isn't so that may be a problem
    3. Sony could fix the network so that when you click sign in it allows you and you don't have to peform an update

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by WilsonDean1990; 03-01-2010 at 04:28 PM.

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Re: Playstation Network Failure

Uh yeah, I just noticed that when I got home (right now)

Stupid network -_-

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Che

Meier made a thread about this in Digital Community: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/di...save-file.html .

We've put up some links and stuff to help follow where it's going. I guess the latest word is Sony intends on fixing what they can within 24 hours.

It seems PS3 slims are fine, but the pre-slims are the ones affected, and not all of them?

Saved data is hard drive only, trophies are stored online I believe, so I'm sure they will be fine. But imo trophies don't really mean anything while saved data would mean a lot more.

Lady Succubus Playstation Network Failure Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/di...-new-post.html

It's right here. And it's not a network problem, it's a calendar problem. Your PS3 will most likely be just fine tomorrow. Or something like that, anyways.

Edit: Oh. Che Ninja'd me. Cool.

But yeah, he's right. Trophies will be fine.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Playstation Network Failure Polk's Avatar

It doesn't affect any of the slim models, and mine is working perfectly.

Boy do I feel :smug: right now.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Che

Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    It doesn't affect any of the slim models, and mine is working perfectly.

Boy do I feel :smug: right now.
    You have a slim? I haven't turned mine on since the news came out, but Bad Company 2 is coming out at midnight tonight so I will have to eventually.

Is it safe?

PS: Owned, Sheena.

.............. Playstation Network Failure smurphy's Avatar

Two things. I havent gone on my old fat one since yesterday and i never go online. I cant make head nor tails of the news reports. So could somone tell if mine is theoretically fine or f*cked?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Playstation Network Failure Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    You have a slim? I haven't turned mine on since the news came out, but Bad Company 2 is coming out at midnight tonight so I will have to eventually.

Is it safe?

PS: Owned, Sheena.
    Yeah, it seems fine. I just signed on and synced up my trophy information, and there haven't been any crippling errors yet.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Lady Succubus Playstation Network Failure Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    Two things. I havent gone on my old fat one since yesterday and i never go online. I cant make head nor tails of the news reports. So could somone tell if mine is theoretically fine or f*cked?
    You're still boned. It's a calendar problem, not a network problem. So don't turn it on.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sony have really ****ed up this time. -__-;

I'm lucky enough to not have lost my savedata, due to seeing a status on facebook about it before I logged on.

I hope they can find a way to fix it, and that it's able to be fixed soon. D=

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Che

...and Xbox users (with their broken xboxes in hand) rejoice!

Postingway Playstation Network Failure Maciariello's Avatar

Sheena has said it the best. Pulled straight from IGN:

"Sony says that there's a bug in "the clock functionality incorporated in the system". What that means is that affected systems are resetting their internal clocks to 12/31/99, and this is causing a whole mess of problems including the inability to log into the PlayStation Network, start games and play certain video rentals. In addition, Trophy data for the games you're trying and failing to play turns into "corrupt data"."

They're recommending people not use their consoles (if they're the older models, not the slims) until the issue is resolved. It doesn't matter if you're trying to log in or not. It's a hardware issue and it's not a problem caused by the PSN.

Just play your PSP or DS or something until the issue is resolved. Hardware failures occur and sometimes (like this) it's a widespread problem.

Just keep your system off while the whole debacle blows over.
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

Playstation Network Failure Jin's Avatar

It amazes me how much press this is getting.

At any rate, it seems to be over now, though still no official word on that.

Kotaku.

Luckily, I've been watching Battlestar Galactica and the Office for 3 days straight and haven't turned on any of my systems. Yay me.

Until now!

Postingway Playstation Network Failure Maciariello's Avatar

A few sites (IGN included) mentioned the error was fixed. I decided to turn on my system and my date was still 2/28. I changed the time and date through setting it with the internet and everything is fine. It's like nothing ever happened.

I'd be willing to bet yours will be okay too. If you're still unsure, just keep an eye on the official PlayStation forum boards or their Twitter feed.
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

Or the Playstation Blog.

Confirmation, folks.

You may have to readjust your clock manually or via the internet, but it appears to be all better. They had 2010 listed as a leap year. How the hell do they screw that up?

Until now!

This ain't no place for no hero Playstation Network Failure Tiffany's Avatar

Ha, I haven't turned my PS3 on in months! Wasn't too much of an issue to not do so today either.

Ahh well, I suppose all big companies make mistakes here and there. Glad the trophies aren't lost.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    ...and Xbox users (with their broken xboxes in hand) rejoice!
    PS3 slim users are the real winners. Totally unaffected. Kinda like me playing on my slim all day while things were going shitty.

Incorrect leap year setting on the chip...
    I was totally thinking 'IT DOES EVERYTHING'. Even Y2K.
    victoria aut mors

Our Hopes and Expectations Playstation Network Failure Ernest's Avatar

Me and my big fat PS3 missed the whole debarcle. I've been playing the SC2 Beta hard.

At least they didn't just deny it, or belittle it. They warned people not to use the system until it was fixed.
    ____Ernest

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    Me and my big fat PS3 missed the whole debarcle. I've been playing the SC2 Beta hard.

At least they didn't just deny it, or belittle it. They warned people not to use the system until it was fixed.
    How is it? I've been looking forwards to it but didn't make the beta.

Oh and to make some semblance of keeping on track..
    ehh....
    Were you playing the beta on a phat, while this shit was going down?
    victoria aut mors

Che

No, dummy. PS3 doesn't have SC2 beta.

Whatever gender Earnest is said they missed the whole PS3 thing, anyway, insinuating that he/she hadn't turned it on.

<3

Oh.
    I was gonna say. The thought of SC2 without a mouse and keyboard left me scared and somewhat intrigued. And the rumours of a console Diablo 3 left my mind open to the possibility.

Still, how is SC2?
    victoria aut mors

Our Hopes and Expectations Playstation Network Failure Ernest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    How is it? I've been looking forwards to it but didn't make the beta.

Oh and to make some semblance of keeping on track..
    ehh....
    Were you playing the beta on a phat, while this shit was going down?
    Lol. In terms of "fat" I meant my old-gen, larger PS3 that is supposedly more succeptible to the error. And yeah, what Che said. I didn't turn on my PS3 since the 28th.

The Beta is quite good. Despite petty complaints about lack of balance, the game is sound.

One of the things I really like is the music.

But yeah, so many small things have been refined. The game is just really user friendly. The path-finding is 10x better. If you move a tank into a road that is blocked by marines, they move aside. Little things like that make the game run really smoothly.
    ____Ernest

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 Playstation Network Failure chrono's Avatar

hmmm..... my "old" ps3 get turned on everyday and i have not had any problems.....
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

Finding this place a little dull... Playstation Network Failure xTidus's Avatar

They better fix it before Final Fantasy XIII comes out or they will be some serious problems! That's right I'll assassinate the owner of sony

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

The Mad God Playstation Network Failure Heartless Angel's Avatar

I've got the fat 60GB, but it's had no problems, nothing lost. Not sure what the issue is, but it must not have messed with everyone.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 03-02-2010 at 01:27 PM.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by xTidus View Post
    They better fix it before Final Fantasy XIII comes out or they will be some serious problems! That's right I'll assassinate the owner of sony
    The problem is already fixed. The Ps3 fixed itself with the roll over of a new day. You just need to resync the time and date. You can do it manually or via the net.

Mine went down and it came back up yesterday. Spent all day on RE5 online and didnt have a single problem.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    The problem is already fixed. The Ps3 fixed itself with the roll over of a new day. You just need to resync the time and date. You can do it manually or via the net.

Mine went down and it came back up yesterday. Spent all day on RE5 online and didnt have a single problem.
    Thanks for the info! I just couldn't be bothered to set my Ps3 up to check.

Quote Originally Posted by xTidus View Post
    Thanks for the info! I just couldn't be bothered to set my Ps3 up to check.
    Or to read posts prior to your own which already said that the problem was fixed.

Until now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Or to read posts prior to your own which already said that the problem was fixed.
    Shh! Stop making me look stupid! D=

Certified tech, come at me! Playstation Network Failure SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I bet cats from zero wing made his appearance the day the old model PS3s went down and said: "All your PS3s are belong to us!"
    Currently Playing: