Thread: Playstation Emulator

Question Playstation Emulator

Hi I've played games on my SNES, NES, and N64 emulators and everything ran smoothly until.................... I decided I needed a new one and I can't seem to do anything on it, it says I need to verify that I have a PS but then doesn't seem to let me do it. So if anyone would like to walk me through how to set it up that would really make my day.

Registered User Playstation Emulator

Re: Playstation Emulator

When I wanted to set up a PSX emulator, I went to youtube to see if they had a vid explaining how to do it, and there is quite a few on there that do just that.

Here's one if you're interested: YouTube - Playstation 1 emulator tutorial (the easy way)
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

A Plain Old Derp Playstation Emulator Padraic's Avatar

Just so you know, I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to ask anything about emulators on sites (seeing as how they're illegal and stuff... Doesn't mean we won't use them ) But yeah, use Youtube, as Dodie said, and you'll probably find something better than we can tell you.

^ You can ask about emulators, and you can even link to emulators for download since emulators themselves are perfectly legal. The only thing that you can't really do is link to ROMs for download and would be against forum policy.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

^Really? I heard the only thing you can post about them, was about using them. Not how, but just using them... thats why multiple links on google are closed forums when you search how to set up, or how to get an emulator, because I went through that (the looking part )

^ I can't say for sure the rules that other forums have, but taking a quick look over ours, I found this:

Originally Posted by LocoColt04
    Discussion of emulation IS allowed. Linking to emulators IS allowed. Linking to the ROM files IS NOT allowed (if you need to find these, Google is your friend).
    Hope that clears up what I was trying to say.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 05-10-2010 at 09:40 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

^ Ah, well, I guess it does I guess I just like to play it more on the safe side. Because some find that a touchy subject

Learner Playstation Emulator CloudTide's Avatar

im with u dude
    mine wont work either
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Magically Delicous Playstation Emulator Merlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Padraic View Post
    ^Really? I heard the only thing you can post about them, was about using them. Not how, but just using them... thats why multiple links on google are closed forums when you search how to set up, or how to get an emulator, because I went through that (the looking part )
    Well the rules allow everything other than posting/linking to ROMs... but as far as legality, that is a different matter. Even talking about your usage of specific games on an emulator would be an admission of guilt and usable against you in a court of law, should some company choose to. Saying you have a "legal copy" is hogwash, as there was no "legal" method of copying them in the first place. For example, a "cartridge" can be seen as a form of copy protection. Also, if you did not make the copy yourself, you are in possession of a copy of someone else's software, and are once again breaking the law.

So anyway, yeah you can talk about emulation... but if the police ask for your IP address, for example, I'm obligated to give it to them.
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-12-2010 at 03:34 PM.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I'm hesitant to type out a guide for you for the following reason.
    I'm of the ethical emulation enthusiast variety meaning I'd only emulate things I own and there are two ways of setting up a PSX emulator, one involving obtaining a BIOS file illegally (the easy way which most seem to use, often just finding one online via a search engine), and a more advanced way requiring you to dump the BIOS of your own playstation which isn't really the easiest thing for most end users.

My advice to you would be to either buy a second hand PSX if you want to play games you don't yet have as the consoles and games are often very cheap these days if you look around (hockshops often have valuable games and don't know their true value often lumping them at one standard, low price) or if you do own the PSX and games and wish to emulate things you actually own, google up an emulation community as they usually have detailed tutorials (sometimes complete with pictures) covering dumping your own BIOS, setting up an emulator and ripping your own ISOs and often those communities have helpful members who can help you if you get stuck at any point.
    victoria aut mors