Thread: Persona 3/Persona 3 FES

The Strongest Fusion Persona 3/Persona 3 FES Gogeta's Avatar

Persona 3/Persona 3 FES

I just recently picked up this game from a friend, and my god is it awesome. I haven't been this much into a game since FF X, and that was a while ago. Persona 3 is like god in a PS2, its just that epic, plus the music is really kick ass, if I may say so. I am so excited to just think about this game when I'm asleep. It has a very great story and is just very interesting to play, let alone see. I would have to say you never know what is going to happen and who cares if you die, it's worth it, lol. Anyone played this game and thought it was epically awesome?

Blog Entries

Re: Persona 3/Persona 3 FES

I'm playing through P3FES atm, though I kinda tend to go back and forth between a few games with my free time but this one is definitely a game that keeps me hooked, haha.

I played P4 first and completed it before playing this one, but so far I like P3 better in most of the ways except for a few things, like not being able to directly control characters and so far the other support characters are bland to me, but then again I'm not that far into it yet. It's a fun game overall, and I need to beat it one of these days haha.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I'm playing through P3FES atm, though I kinda tend to go back and forth between a few games with my free time but this one is definitely a game that keeps me hooked, haha.

I played P4 first and completed it before playing this one, but so far I like P3 better in most of the ways except for a few things, like not being able to directly control characters and so far the other support characters are bland to me, but then again I'm not that far into it yet. It's a fun game overall, and I need to beat it one of these days haha.
    Im in November, and about to fight the last shadow that appears on the full moon, oh and I'm dating Yukari . It's a very epic game. I just need to lvl grind a bunch to beat the stupid shadow >:0 it gets annoying sometimes, but its fun overall

The Quiet One Persona 3/Persona 3 FES Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I loved P3, but I ended up blitzing the last month before the end because I got tired of everything. However, I thoroughly enjoyed everything about P4 since it is pretty much P3 only even better and you can control all of the characters.

I still have to beat the Answer, but being that it is defaulted to hard and P3 even without being on hard can be challenging. It is taking me some time do it that. Still P3 is a awesome game that deserves to be played even if it does takes 80 hours to beat. ^^;
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Word is in July is the NA release of P3Portable!

I own the special edition of P3 and scored FES when it came to NA and you can bet that I'll be picking up P3Portable when it is here.

It is pretty much just a remake of P3 with some bonus materials. The biggest I found though is that all party members will be controllable! No more strategies! Woo!
    EBG

Blog Entries

I so totally want to get a PSP so I can play P3P so I can be a girl and go date all of the guys. ^^; I don't know why, but I think it is pretty cool that they did that with all of the guys in the game. It is pretty nice. And I hope if/when they announce P5 for the PS3 that it'll have a male and female option.

But I heard that they cut the town exploration from P3P you just click where you want to do go. So they are all menu based navigation now. Which is a little disappointing especially when there were NPCs out there you need to talk to. But I only heard it so I don't know if it is true.

I think that the Answer is odd because I liked the protagonist more than Aigis, and it feels odd to play the answer because Aigis the now the protagonist trying to find her answer to life, whereas in the Journey the protagonist has more of a quote-unquote "life" than Aigis and you can do anything in the journey, I liked the fact that if I didn't want to go to Tartarus I didn't have to, but if you don't you get raped by the shadow at the full moon, and it forces you to level grind just to beat it, lol, but it is a very awesome game. I think the Answer could of been more like the journey where you choose to go to the Abyss of Time or not. In my opinion I think I'll have to pass on the Answer. Plus making S.Links is fun, lol

I totally forgot about the ability to choose guy or girl. I wanted to pre order it to get it shipped to my house but everything online requires a credit card.

I never actually finished P3 I don't think. I can only remember the twelve grand shadow and can't remember the last boss. Ah, I don't even have my Ps2 right now! Looks like I'm going to need to get that back and run through it all again.
    EBG

Blog Entries

The final boss for P3 is pretty epic, there is like 20 forms for him which is pretty crazy. The upside is that each form does not have a lot of health so you aren't being brutally slaughtered knowing that you have to deal with 20 forms that are as tough to kill as a single boss. It still made my jaw drop realizing how many forms I was going through.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    The final boss for P3 is pretty epic, there is like 20 forms for him which is pretty crazy. The upside is that each form does not have a lot of health so you aren't being brutally slaughtered knowing that you have to deal with 20 forms that are as tough to kill as a single boss. It still made my jaw drop realizing how many forms I was going through.
    lol, damn Nyx, even though it was a long fight, I was still amused by seeing my friend whoop on her at lvl 80 something, plus the music was very entertaining, lol thats another reason why I liked watching that fight, but overall its awesome, and I think there are only 13 forms, fool-death I think, I don't think that it gets to 14-20. Omg, I actually paid attention when the nurse was talking about tarot cards :0
    Last edited by Gogeta; 06-23-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Yeah I couldn't remember how many forms there were. I just remember them being named after the Tarot cards. But if it is only half of them I guess they only used the Major Arcana ones and not the Minor Arcana considering I think there's a social link for every arcana. I think they even had a class lesson on Tarot, it was P3 or P4, I can't remember which though.

It's pretty cool that Johnny Young Bosh is actually the voice for the main character in P4 even though you only hear him speak in battles and like once in a cutscene the first time he summons Izanagi, who is actually very relevant to the game's story, but you don't realize it until you get the true ending.

Yeah I couldn't remember how many forms there were. I just remember them being named after the Tarot cards. But if it is only half of them I guess they only used the Major Arcana ones and not the Minor Arcana considering I think there's a social link for every arcana. I think they even had a class lesson on Tarot, it was P3 or P4, I can't remember which though.
    Yea, I believe the nurse said there was 72 total Tarot cards, the 52 Minor cards and the 20 Major, but I think Nyx only was the first 13 in the story since there are 13 boss shadows to fight, I'm not certain about that but, I think thats why Nyx is only Fool-Death. I know I'm wrong on some things but thats what I believe.

I know this is a P3 thread but should I pick up P4 sometime in the near future to?

Andro what did you think of the whole Persona idea? I found that I was getting a huge history lesson because I'd look up the different names of personas and would read the legends behind the actual person.

One that sticks out was Sati which is like an actual ritual they did in India where the burned a man's wife alive with her husband when he died. Ironic that the persona was a girl on fire.
    EBG

Blog Entries

Yeah that would certainly make sense. It's been years since I played it since I actually bought it on a suggestion from someone else that said it was an awesome RPG. Picked it up and never regretted it. I even got the art book that came with the package, which was very nice of Atlus. A lot better than a cheaply bound art book for P4. Making it hardcover is a lot better though there was less material in the P3 book than the P4 book.

I'm going to have to do a play through to get all of the social links though. It's possible, but you have to do a lot of specific things in a certain order since you have to be able to pass the semester finals with a high enough score soon enough to get one of the girls to show you any interest so you have enough time to juggle her relationship with everyone else.

I still haven't gotten to play Persona 4, but I can always ask my friend if I can borrow it from him, I hear its good, but I kinda like #3 because it was the first one I've played and it will always be probably my favorite Persona game unless #4 has better music, and has a ton of extra things to do. I will always love FES #3 because you can date Yukari, lol and whatnot... <.< >.> lol, thats what I gotta say bout #4

Blog Entries

I don't know, for me P4 is P3 times two more on the awesome scale. ^^; It did everything that P3 did right and improved everything that you thought that it didn't. I loved P3 no doubt about it, but P4 was that surprise that actually did everything right and then more.

And I actually still put the P4 OST in my car to listen on the way to work.

Oh and P4 has a 8-bit homage dungeon, which is pure awesome on it own. Playing that dungeon alone was so much fun. They even have the boss of that dungeon fight using old 8-bit RPG menus. It's so entertaining and the music is very 8-bit midi sounding. It's enough to just play that dungeon even if the rest of the game wasn't awesome.

Well, it is your opinion, plus I haven't yet been able to try P4 because I just don't want to right now, I want to beat P3 before I go on to P4, even though they aren't in any order whatsoever, I still haven't beaten P3 and I just started November and I have to lvl grind just to beat the Hanged Man boss. Just saying in my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Oh of course, definitely not saying your opinion is wrong. It's an awesome game. ^^ Which is why I want to go play P3P. It'd be pretty interesting to date Junpei, I think that's his name right? It's been so long since I've played P3. The senior who's a boxer would be a little weird, but he probably be pretty cool to date.

Did you see that NISA is actually releasing Persona 3 -Trinity Soul- the anime that is based on the P3 universe, but an original story taking place 10 years after P3? It's supposed to be out in July and it'll have the guy who was a boxer in there, I don't know if any more of the original cast will make cameos in the anime.

Hahaha I've watched the dubs online of Trinity Soul. I didn't find it that great. Akihiko is his name and his part isn't too special. It was decent but I don't think it did much in representing the Persona series.
    EBG

Blog Entries

That's a little disappointing, but I don't know if Atlus had much to say when they made the anime. I found it more strange that NISA of all people a game company is releasing anime and not to mention the fact that it's related to an Atlus game. I know NISA and Atlus love to swap localizing titles at time, but I'm pretty sure that Persona is like Atlus' game and not one that they just published for someone else.

Oh well, it is still pretty cool to see some more of the P3 universe.

Which does remind me. It's probably good that you play P3 first since there are some P3 references in P4. You actually go on a school trip to the town in P3 and you hang out in the school and area for like a couple of days and you see one or two familiar faces. Plus I think they even grabbed some of the background music from P3 areas and put them in when you were visiting the P3 town. Which was pretty cool.

So I guess P3 and P4 are in the same universe, but not tied together.

The senior who's a boxer would be a little weird, but he probably be pretty cool to date.
    Thats Akihiko, I think he's awesome, even though my team is Yukari, Aigis, and Junpei, I think its funny that when your at the beach he's your save point, lol and same with when your in the hotel on the school trip, that part was awesome, I kept one save just to re-do the hot spring part where the girls are looking for you, its awesome, plus Akihiko is like "This is NOT good." lol. I thought Ryoji was weird, I thought it was even weirder that he emerged from you, that was a shock to me, and I didn't even realize that until Junpei was up in my face saying it was my fault Ryoji emerged from me. I was like "Why the hell are you getting in my face ab- ... oh wait a min, I get it now"

The joke is far too true Persona 3/Persona 3 FES loner-kid's Avatar

heh, persona 3 is an epic epic game. I haven't finnished it yet, i'm right before the school trip and owning every shadow i come across due to my obscenely overpowered surt (ragnarok + 72 magic + fire amp + fire damage increasing weapon = ownage) i killed the last boss in about 6 turns. I'm really enjoying the story so far, it was a little jarring at first because it has a very different feel to the personna 4 story but its grown on me, i'm really not sure which i prefer actually.

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother